• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

Right now I'm really enjoying Hotline Miami 2.
Single player with good gameplay and a terrible incoherent story.

the original hotline miami is one of my favorite games. I didn't like the sequel at all (as much as I tried to).

And float, you act as though Uncharted has the same gameplay to cinematic ratio as the order 1886. I think you may have forgotten what actual unforgivably cinematic games are

I'm just messing around. I don't actually care. They are just video games. Much like comic book movies there is not much merit to analyze in general.

MutFox

Banned
Also for a game with a story and great gameplay,
I feel like it would need to be short.

Like a 2 hour game, but every time you play it, you get different outcomes to the story.
I'd love a game like that.
(Is there a game like that?)

marrec

Banned
It makes me sick to my stomach, and with respect to any suggestions I can't imagine any action I could possibly take -- Including making reports -- Wouldn't ultimately come back and inflame the situation, since so far she won't fucking leave.

Other than going "The Town" on him, I don't know what to do.

Man that is awful Jobbs I'm really sorry for you and your family.

This kind of situation is hard to rectify in a clean way. I hope your sister ends up okay. :(

Misha

Banned
I hope one day games rival films in story, but if you have bad gameplay with a great story,
it probably should have been in another medium.
Though I guess for it to grow, they have to learn from their mistakes.

If you can get a story that is amazing and gameplay that is amazing.
Well I'm still waiting for that.

I hope we get that in the next 10 years.
The entire issue is what we consider to be games. Interactive fiction is a valid medium with its own benefits over movies. It's a shame that they won't get attention if they're called anything other than a game and when they are called a game people get mad because they're not a game.
Right now I'm really enjoying Hotline Miami 2.
Single player with good gameplay and a terrible incoherent story.
I don't enjoy the hotline Miami gameplay

MutFox

Banned
the original hotline miami is one of my favorite games. I didn't like the sequel at all (as much as I tried to).

Haven't finished it yet.
I will, games usually take me a month or more to finish.

There's too many good games out to give all my attention to one. :\

Misha

Banned
Also for a game with a story and great gameplay,
I feel like it would need to be short.

Like a 2 hour game, but every time you play it, you get different outcomes to the story.
I'd love a game like that.
(Is there a game like that?)
Until dawn?

MutFox

Banned
The entire issue is what we consider to be games. Interactive fiction is a valid medium with its own benefits over movies. It's a shame that they won't get attention if they're called anything other than a game and when they are called a game people get mad because they're not a game.

I like them, but they're not my fave genre.
Like I do like the point and click genre, and telltale seems to have made them pretty popular.

Until dawn?

I will look that up. :p

jb1234

Thanks bros.

She's my kid sister. She's 8 years younger. When she was in HS I remember coming home and giving stern looks to the boys she'd have around. I don't know why I'm allowing this.

Very frustrating. I wish I could round my brothers up and go light the guy up.

Meanwhile I think I feel physically ill from it.

Sorry, Jobbs. :(

Misha

Banned
I like them, but they're not my fave genre.
Like I do like the point and click genre, and telltale seems to have made them pretty popular.

I will look that up. :p
It's very much like a quantum dream game except way better and one of the most competently told and acted stories in video games.

It's probably longer than you're thinking and probably not quite as divergent in narrative but it's really good.

Takes a story that would normally be in a b movie and does stuff with it that requires it to be a game to work

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I am starting to think that I won't receive ordered t-shirt in time for June 3rd concert...

Trobule is that I have a letter 'š' in billing and home address. It is usually no problem with UK/US deliveries, but this time something went wrong. I receive parcels from UK in 5-10 working days and this one is already nearing 15...

MutFox

Banned
It's very much like a quantum dream game except way better and one of the most competently told and acted stories in video games.

It's probably longer than you're thinking and probably not quite as divergent in narrative but it's really good.

Takes a story that would normally be in a b movie and does stuff with it that requires it to be a game to work

Cool, I'll add it to my list.
Since it's on PS4, it might be a while. :|

Was watching some vids on it, I think I'd enjoy it.
Maybe with my GF, as these story games, I usually like playing with another.

Though I usally don't like the horror genre too much,
as I don't like the feeling of being scared at times.
(I don't watch many horror flicks)

Jobbs

Banned
Sorry, Jobbs. :(

Man that is awful Jobbs I'm really sorry for you and your family.

This kind of situation is hard to rectify in a clean way. I hope your sister ends up okay. :(

Thanks guys. I think I need a beer. I'll stop bitching about it here since there's nothing else to add anyway.

And JB get out there. I took an hour long walk today -- It's gorgeous here.

Emily was my favorite, even though the game obviously wants and expects the audience to hate her, I just kept loving her more. She's bossy and sexy and ultimately tough as nails.

I bought a 32x on my lunch break. What is wrong with me

I'm trying to remember what the good 32X games are and I'm having trouble. Knuckles Chaotix? If it's anything like regular Sonic games then I guess that discounts it from being good, though

Misha

Banned
Cool, I'll add it to my list.
Since it's on PS4, it might be a while. :|

Was watching some vids on it, I think I'd enjoy it.
Maybe with my GF, as these story games, I usually like playing with another.

Though I usally don't like the horror genre too much,
as I don't like the feeling of being scared at times.
(I don't watch many horror flicks)
Not to go on about it but I think one of the things that made if so good is that it wasn't afraid to be more like a movie rather than trying to throw gameplay bits in for no reason (though there is one thing but it doesn't come up too often)

I'm usually not good with horror but I liked the story. Part of it is having characters that aren't throw always and that their fate isn't sealed. Also it just doesn't go for a lot of the tropes I dislike

FloatOn

argh... I just got an email reminder about this first responder training I have to do tomorrow.

at least I get free lunch out of the deal

MutFox

Banned
Not to go on about it but I think one of the things that made if so good is that it wasn't afraid to be more like a movie rather than trying to throw gameplay bits in for no reason (though there is one thing but it doesn't come up too often)

I'm usually not good with horror but I liked the story. Part of it is having characters that aren't throw always and that their fate isn't sealed. Also it just doesn't go for a lot of the tropes I dislike

Good to hear that you're not good with horror, but that this game worked.
That's as good of an endorsement as any. :p

I've heard good things about Dying Light which is weird because I HATED dead island

I also hated dead island.
Heard that late game it's fun,
but you shouldn't have to wait for late game for a game to be "fun"

When a Zombie early game takes that many hits, you know you have a problem.

Ceallach, Jobbs, lilith, Misha and FloatOn and I (among others) should resurrect the Old Man Murray website for a new generation of gamers.

I already know the first article of this website "God Save Video Games From The Capitalists"

Some other articles titles I see forthcoming:

"Pack It Up, You Shits! Overwatch is GotY 2016"

"Splatoon Shits All Over Your Faves"

"How Dark Souls Save Video Games"

"More Turoks, Less Call Of Duty"

MutFox

Banned
Dying Light is significantly better than Dead Island but Mirror's Edge has made me picky about my first person parkour games.

Mirrors Edge IMO would have been better if the combat was even quicker.
Like imagine doing parkour and without losing momentum, you are also doing combat.

I also wish that was the case for the new Prince of Persia games.
Combat took too long, I enjoyed the platforming WAY more.
Like if while wall running, I could take out an enemy at the same time.
That would have been awesome.

FloatOn

I've spotted a neogaf.com anamoly in the wild. animated gif avatars are a thing and I want one.

Like imagine doing parkour and without losing momentum, you are also doing combat.

you should play sunset overdrive

Misha

Banned
Ceallach, Jobbs, lilith, Misha and FloatOn and I (among others) should resurrect the Old Man Murray website for a new generation of gamers.

I already know the first article of this website "God Save Video Games From The Capitalists"

Some other articles titles I see forthcoming:

"Pack It Up, You Shits! Overwatch is GotY 2016"

"Splatoon Shits All Over Your Faves"

"How Dark Souls Save Video Games"

"More Turoks, Less Call Of Duty"
Old man Murray? No idea who that is

Also every single article I would do would be directly opposite of one that floaton does(unless it's about souls)
Pretty sure they've acknowledged the loophole and just don't feel like dealing with it but would if people decided to exploit it

zeemumu

Actually Mirror's Edge Catalyst has that system.

You can attack people just to get past them without losing momentum and you can string regular attacks with parkour.

If you're looking for PS4 horror games, give SOMA a shot. It's worth your time, trust me.

Old man Murray? No idea who that is

Also every single article I would do would be directly opposite of one that floaton does(unless it's about souls)

Pretty sure they've acknowledged the loophole and just don't feel like dealing with it but would if people decided to exploit it

Google Old Man Murray

MutFox

Banned
Actually Mirror's Edge Catalyst has that system.

You can attack people just to get past them without losing momentum and you can string regular attacks with parkour.

If you're looking for PS4 horror games, give SOMA a shot. It's worth your time, trust me.

That's cool to hear.
SOMA, I'll look into that too...

PS4 isn't even on my list of things to get at least for a year.
Probably would get an NX before that. :p

Plus, anything I get on PS4 would be single player.
Not gonna pay for multiplayer anything.

Yeah but to be fair everything is on the PC is some form or another.

I get everything on PC unless I know it will never come out on PC.

That way, if 10 years from now I want to play it,
the PC at that time should be able to without any issues. :p

Kind of loving City on Fire.

The author is able to articulate and paint such vivid portraits of the decay and luxury of late '70s era NYC. None of the characters are exceptional as of yet, but I find myself drawn in by the overall plot and vivid imagery.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
- Today I realized I actually can't be bothered to date or think about dating anymore. I just don't care. I'm not even sad about it, I think. It does feel kind of empty, but in a weird accepting kind of way. Very hard to explain. Will probably check into Tinder stuff from time to time but only 'cause the act of browsing through people is kinda fun.

- Today I played Valkyria Chronicles again, this time for PS4, and it's still every bit as fantastic as it was on PC. I will hopefully finally finish it even.

These two realizations are individual and not connected at all.

Also I finally feel like my daily biking and home excercising is getting me in shape again which is great. Also thinking of going on a Road Trip through Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Friend came up with the idea and she might be on to something, it sounds pretty exciting.

Tattoo countdown x-7 days.

This is all.

Yeah, that's basically what I was told when I made my avatar sparkle a few months ago.

Also I don't get Old Man Murray. I've read some of it and it's just... not good? Not funny, not informative. I don't know. It was a while ago. But in any case it's pretty rare that I find a blog I like.

FloatOn

I get the concern with gif avatars and that it could kill bandwith and all of that but if you keep them limited to the file size of a normal avatar what is the damage?

are the powers that be afraid that it might make the sight look tacky? pretty sure the ads already do that.

zeemumu

That's cool to hear.
SOMA, I'll look into that too...

PS4 isn't even on my list of things to get at least for a year.
Probably would get an NX before that. :p

Plus, anything I get on PS4 would be single player.
Not gonna pay for multiplayer anything.

I get everything on PC unless I know it will never come out on PC.

That way, if 10 years from now I want to play it,
the PC at that time should be able to without any issues. :p

I think SOMA's on Steam too so you could always buy it there.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
- Today I realized I actually can't be bothered to date or think about dating anymore. I just don't care. I'm not even sad about it, I think. It does feel kind of empty, but in a weird accepting kind of way. Very hard to explain. Will probably check into Tinder stuff from time to time but only 'cause the act of browsing through people is kinda fun.
Use me as a college blow up doll and forget about dating tbh 😛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom