• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're lowkey excited to see The 100's season finale for reasons and then you remember the leaked footage of the most heartbreaking bullshit ever

putting-gun-to-head.gif

zeemumu

When you're lowkey excited to see The 100's season finale for reasons and then you remember the leaked footage of the most heartbreaking bullshit ever

putting-gun-to-head.gif

Reminds me of me and Once Upon a Time whenever there's a Henry-focused episode.

At least we've got
Good Regina vs. Evil Regina
next season

Misha

Banned
What are you using it for?
comparing two lists two lists basically. I need to add the information they have in common to a new array and the information they don't have in common to another array. The issue I was having is that you can't do both at the same time in the same loop

I hate big O
You can basically eyeball it. Super straight forward if you don't have to be precise

zeemumu

comparing two lists two lists basically. I need to add the information they have in common to a new array and the information they don't have in common to another array. The issue I was having is that you can't do both at the same time in the same loop

You can basically eyeball it. Super straight forward if you don't have to be precise

I can't eyeball nlogn and logn for some reason. I just know the standard complexity for the structure

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yeah, Big-O always threw me for a loop. It was something I didn't grasp well. Whenever I was presented with a code block and asked what it's Big O was I had a 50% chance of being correct.

Misha

Banned
I can't eyeball nlogn and logn for some reason. I just know the standard complexity for the structure
My understanding is that they're used for ordered lists or lists that need to be ordered (well not just lists)
Yeah, Big-O always threw me for a loop. It was something I didn't grasp well. Whenever I was presented with a code block and asked what it's Big O was I had a 50% chance of being correct.
It's just what's the maximum amount of possible times you'd have to do a specific set of actions

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Put a message box function in the center of the loop and count the amount of times it shows up. Problem solved.

The advantage of recognizing Big O though is that you can know before executing. Really it just comes down to knowing which algorithms produce which complexities. If you have a billion items you don't want to have to run your solution to find out it's complexity.

Fuck all if I have any say in it though since I just admitted that I can't recognize complexities.

zeemumu

My understanding is that they're used for ordered lists or lists that need to be ordered (well not just lists)

It's just what's the maximum amount of possible times you'd have to do a specific set of actions

Works for tree traversal too. There's a lot of recursion that goes into those things.

Presentation is done. 10/10 (literally).

Now for the multivariable Calc midterm at 2:30

Misha

Banned
"stahp yinz hurting me"
Perhaps symbolically, Rinaldo isn't even in the nhl anymore
The advantage of recognizing Big O though is that you can know before executing. Really it just comes down to knowing which algorithms produce which complexities. If you have a billion items you don't want to have to run your solution to find out it's complexity.

Fuck all if I have any say in it though since I just admitted that I can't recognize complexities.
That was a joke. It would take days to get through all your message boxes in a near worst case scenerio

zeemumu

Technically you could with a while loop and an insertion method for the arrays.

That's assuming you're comparing a linked list though. If they're different sizes there's a little extra work.

marrec

Banned
If there's one thing my dads company does well it's buying American

God if only everyone did this.

We've taken to just making most everything in house and I'm going to start working up a proposal to make relays in house now too.

Shit is unacceptable tbh

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Indeed.

I go to the gym so I can later eat like a pig nearly as much as I do it for my own health/fitness. Which reminds me that my first attempt at making a Nutella chocolate milkshake bundt cake just came out pretty good after all.

I need a smaller pan so it gets a bit taller, but other than that I'm content.

I go to the gym exclusively so I can eat like shit. Look at my ass and thighs, these things don't make themselves. Squats and carbs. #TeamThighChaffing

Misha

Banned
Technically you could with a while loop and an insertion method for the arrays.

That's assuming you're comparing a linked list though. If they're different sizes there's a little extra work.
Nope. I'm pulling in data from a csv file and an excel file and I'm using the excel sheet to update some information in the csv file and also I have to find out what exists in the csv file and not the excel file. It's not too complicated but it's not ordered and some items repeat and some are just plain blank

MutFox

Banned
Morning Fakers!
Nice Thursday morning, have just over a week off from work starting Saturday. :p
(Always take time around my B-day, don't think I've ever worked on my B-day.)

I highly recommend making your b-day a holiday.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
how's everyone?

Quite good, only t-shirt package is still lost somewhere. Wrote to store yesterday evening and they still did not respond...
Went shopping ,ended up buying socks, short pants and high performance hiking sticks

and I want to buy Doom, but I have no money currently :(

Jobbs

Banned
and I want to buy Doom, but I have no money currently :(

At least you can look really cool in your socks, short pants, and high performance hiking sticks while waiting to get Doom, you bad mofo. =)

Perhaps symbolically, Rinaldo isn't even in the nhl anymore

I just barely know who any of these people are. I have Flyers stuff because I love Philadelphia in general and thus love POKING PENS FANS IN THE EYE!

good. more sexy text conversations with my friend from texas.

I'll be relieved when she finally buys her flight ticket to come and see me.

More Texas Texts. Where's this all headed? Will Float finally meet this girl? What are the top three coolest spaceships? Answers to these questions and more NEXT TIME.. on Shhhhkreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gfjkflkjflkhfdjhdf

MutFox

Banned
I'll def get Doom...
Probably in the steam winter sale... :p

Old school doom was one of my faves.\
Used to play online before the internet.

Played it on BBS's.

FloatOn

More Texas Texts. Where's this all headed? Will Float finally meet this girl? What are the top three coolest spaceships? Answers to these questions and more NEXT TIME.. on Shhhhkreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gfjkflkjflkhfdjhdf

short version of the story is this. I used to travel to dallas on business pretty frequently. hooked up with this girl each time I was there.

when I was seperated from my wife I met her in austin for vacation. we've stayed good friends since then.

she hasn't been to orlando so I'm looking forward to showing her around but the sex will be a nice bonus tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom