• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SystemBug

I think it's funny when people act like eating sushi makes you cultured because it's literally peasant food. You can do the research if you think I'm joking.

I don't like any seafood. There are some freshwater fish I enjoy eating if you add lemon or otherwise neutralize it, but most are repulsive to me.
Most food from any Asian cuisine is peasent food.

So much of Indian food is peasent food. Filipino cuisine also largely consists of peasent food.

Fucking Hummus is peasent food

Misha

Banned

So much of Indian food is peasent food. Filipino cuisine also largely consists of peasent food.

most Slavic food was originally peasant food but some of it had royalty eventually trying it and liking it

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
justin justout
ORETsvC.gif
LMAO

my gf is coming over now and we're going to bzzzzzzzzzzzzzhfgjxaghjaxghdsjghdskjghdkjsghkjdshgkjfdshgkjfds
the jobbs broke again

jb1234

Just spent the last two hours and twenty minutes on the phone. Man, when did I become so social? And why can't it extend to the people I date?

my gf is coming over now and we're going to bzzzzzzzzzzzzzhfgjxaghjaxghdsjghdskjghdkjsghkjdshgkjfdshgkjfds

Happy shagging!

Fucking Hummus is peasent food
Exactly! I've never gotten shit from someone for not liking hummus and I've never seen someone get shit for not liking Indian. It's just known that some people don't find that kind of food palatable.

But confess to finding sushi gross and suddenly it's like I'm the greatest of blasphemers.

SystemBug

Exactly! I've never gotten shit from someone for not liking hummus and I've never seen someone get shit for not liking Indian. It's just known that some people don't find that kind of food palatable.

But confess to finding sushi gross and suddenly it's like I'm the greatest of blasphemers.
dude just posted how he likes sushi and all of you guys are shitting on him for liking such a terrible thing. Not to mention when it's literally part of another groups diet. So I guess Japanese people eat shit food because they like sushi?

It's this weird ass almost racist tone. You may not see it.

FUME5

dude just posted how he likes sushi and all of you guys are shitting on him for liking such a terrible thing. Not to mention when it's literally part of another groups diet. So I guess Japanese people eat shit food because they like sushi?

What?

Man you are reading way more into this than any of us are saying. There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking or even loving sushi. I just don't want to be called uncultured for finding it gross. There are plenty of Japanese and Asian dishes I love eating. Not to mention I'll pretty much only be eating and enjoying Indian food all next week and a half.

MutFox

Banned
It really depends where you've had sushi.
You don't even have to eat sushi,
when eating at most sushi restaurants.

I recommend trying Chicken Karage.
Authentic Karage is prepared boneless.
It's Japanese style fried chicken.

Another dish they may have is Yakiniku.
Japanese style BBQed beef.
This is best to have at a restaurant that specializes in Yakiniku.

Also recommend spinach gomae.

FloatOn

I'm used to people shitting on me in this thread at this point. Not the biggest deal

I was just excited to talk about sushi for a minute but mainly the cool conversation I was eavesdropping on. Really wasn't expecting "that's disgusting" but no worries

SystemBug

Like I said . You (as in white people) may not care when you shit on other ethnic cultures because for you there is no harm.

"Indian food is terrible"

Yeah means a lot coming from white people when my nation was fucked over by them and pillaged for its resources. And guess what? In the European thirst for Indian spices they nearly wiped out a whole fucking race of people. A whole fucking race. And its like we have forgiven them with no consequences.

Now let's focus all of our hate and attack brown skinned people cause they like blowing people up right? Drop bombs on them, drone strike em. Yeah treat me as fucking terrorist everytime I board a plane. Randomly selected me and rape my rights. Fucking bullshit.

Yeah I'm looking 2deep5you, but guess what I have no other option. I grew up poor, saw my best friend die. Nearly killed myself a few times. The whole deck of cards is stacked against me

MutFox

Banned
Most sushi places have sushi rolls with cooked food,
nothing raw, well except raw veggies.

So you don't have to eat raw fish to eat sushi.
There's teriyaki beef rolls, tempura rolls, etc...

jb1234

Haha no. Heavens.

One is almost more than I can handle

You are an animal

I swear that sex has unlocked this primal part of me. :|

I'm used to people shitting on me in this thread at this point. Not the biggest deal

I'm generally on Jobbs' interpretation, that you can be acerbic but whose heart is in the right place. Just because you pissed me off doesn't mean I don't like you.

FUME5

Like I said . You (as in white people) may not care when you shit on other ethnic cultures because for you there is no harm.

"Indian food is terrible"

Yeah means a lot coming from white people when my nation was fucked over by them and pillaged for its resources. And guess what? In the European thirst for Indian spices they nearly wiped out a whole fucking race of people. A whole fucking race. And its like we have forgiven them with no consequences.

Now let's focus all of our hate and attack brown skinned people cause they like blowing people up right? Drop bombs on them, drone strike em. Yeah treat me as fucking terrorist everytime I board a plane. Randomly selected me and rape my rights. Fucking bullshit.

Xenophobia and the continuing growth in anti-islamic movements is some bullshit that I don't condone and sure as fuck don't support.

But you are way the fuck out of line to conflate some light hearted banter about food preferences with me (as in a white person) shitting on anyone's culture.

Pau

Most sushi places have sushi rolls with cooked food,
nothing raw, well except raw veggies.

So you don't have to eat raw fish to eat sushi.
There's teriyaki beef rolls, tempura rolls, etc...
Most places I go to tend to offer raw sushi with a few cooked options. :eek: Pretty much just various combinations of vegetables with salmon, shrimp, or tuna. Sometimes eel. Never seen beef teriyaki rolls! Sounds interesting.

SystemBug

Xenophobia and the continuing growth in anti-islamic movements is some bullshit that I don't condone and sure as fuck don't support.

But you are way the fuck out of line to conflate some light hearted banter about food preferences with me (as in a white person) shitting on anyone's culture.
That's my fucking point. It's not light. It's not McDonalds we are talking about.

jb1234

I can't say for sure but this is so out of character for him that I'm inclined to think he's either drunk or his head is just in a really bad place.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
System, are you trolling? It was an offhand comment. I'm hispanic and I can say hispanic food is terrible because A) I think it is B) it's personal preference C) it's just food? It's not like I'm saying we should build a wall because I don't eat fried plantains

"White person" food is also terrible. Mayonaisse? Get the hell outta here with that shit.

The only problem is that Indian food is actually good

MutFox

Banned
Most places I go to tend to offer raw sushi with a few cooked options. :eek: Pretty much just various combinations of vegetables with salmon, shrimp, or tuna. Sometimes eel. Never seen beef teriyaki rolls! Sounds interesting.

Weird, they seem to be at all the sushi restaurants around here.
I guess with sushi is that places usually have a local spin on it.
So maybe your places have stuff that's popular that we don't have. :p

Cause I noticed that when I went to Mexico,
they had flavours for the local palette.

SystemBug

So someone doesn't like Chicken Tika they're a racist who is shitting on your culture?

C'mon man, you know that doesn't add up.
If you don't like chicken tikka that's fine (thats like actually my favourite food lol) but don't say people who eat that have bad taste.

Pau

Weird, they seem to be at all the sushi restaurants around here.
I guess with sushi is that places usually have a local spin on it.
So maybe your places have stuff that's popular that we don't have. :p

Cause I noticed that when I went to Mexico,
they had flavours for the local palette.
I also don't go to really fancy sushi places so it's pretty limited. :p

But yeah, I notice the same when I go to Colombia. They have a lot of different rolls. I'm actually surprised by how big sushi has gotten there in the past few years. Before you couldn't really find any food from east Asia in my hometown, and now it's everywhere.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Everyone has different tastes in food and that doesn't make it racist. Racist would be comments about the people and the culture. Food is something that will always have some people like it or dislike it. It doesn't make them racist or uncultured. Its preferences. I don't eat much seafood does that make me racist towards everyone that their main dishes are fish? No. Don't make it a bigger deal than what it actually is. Everyone has preferences on food and there is nothing wrong with liking or disliking some things.

SolVanderlyn

People who like Dark Souls have bad taste.

░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄
░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
█▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█
░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█
░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█
░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░█

░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄

You've just sent at least half of GAF in a mindless rage with that comment. Trolling or not.

May God have mercy on your soul.

░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄

Where's the lie tho

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄

Have they actually seen a woman naked?
laugh.gif

FUME5

If you don't like chicken tikka that's fine (thats like actually my favourite food lol) but don't say people who eat that have bad taste.

I never did mate (fucking love a tikka masala) - you'll also noticed that I defended the honor of Japan by stating my preference for katsu chicken (Misha - right there with you on the karagee as well).

I'd invite you over for a beer and a chat - we can even discuss dead homeboys, for instance one of my good friends who died in a car crash (his fault) was the son of the Nigerian Deference Minister and the grandson of this man.

Yeah, there's a lot of things for you to be angry about, but I think, in this instance at least, you're swinging at the wrong targets.

SolVanderlyn

Cfd2LTsUIAIY6bC.jpg

PLEASE END UP BEING AN ACTUAL THING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom