• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well the father of my friend managed to find me on facebook and decided to ask me again if I wanted to fuck him and how he wanted me to show him how to deepthroat. I was nervous, annoyed and somewhat panicky while still trying to keep my composure. But now Im laughing cause I managed to get the courage to ask him if the only thing on his mind was sex when it comes to talking with me. If he brings it up again and this time I got text evidence I can easily report him for harassment or simply tell him I would show his wife what he is doing. Im laughing and feeling kinda relieved that he cowered and said he was feeling sleepy and left me the fuck alone. I feel like I can handle things much better now and since I dont visit the house anymore since my friend lives in US I have even less worries on my shoulders. If my friend visits I would drive to the house instead of taking the risk of the father coming alone to pick me up. I wont be put in that really uncomfortable position again and the one who has more to lose in the end is him and not me. Would suck for the friendship I have but I wont let his father ruin what is actually an already messed up state of mind of mine.

Jobbs

Banned
This nice guy thread is absolutely baffling.

I should be in bed or studying for finals instead.

If a thread comes up about women or tangentially about women, either mine it for comedy/shock value or run for your life. There is no good third option really

If a thread comes up about women or tangentially about women, either mine it for comedy/shock value or run for your life. There is no good third option really

Women are as unknowable as the deepest abysses of the great oceans, the silver dust of the moon, and the black velvet emptiness between the stars.

Or haven't you heard?

Pau

Do you have any classics on hand from there?
No I typically just sit in bafflement and try to understand. It's all pretty recent though as you can see. :p

I know, I know. I do this to myself.

I blame Kark. We were watching a movie and he fell asleep and there went my night!

Jobbs

Banned
What movie? :O We were watching Steamboy.

This happened last night too. :p

we started watching The Wind Rises (which I've been sitting on for ages as one of the only Ghiblis I still haven't seen) and she fell right asleep XD

so I've been playing dark souls 3 and neogaffing.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
we started watching The Wind Rises (which I've been sitting on for ages as one of the only Ghiblis I still haven't seen) and she fell right asleep XD

Is HN a Miyazaki/animation fan?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Tempted to jump in there with this

friendzone.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
I can type over 120 wpm with 100% accuracy on typing test. This is well documented.

I decided to try a test with JUST my left hand. Right hand not allowed to touch the keyboard. I got 44 wpm with 100% accuracy, which puts me right on the cutoff point between average and fluent on their chart.

What is wrong with people that I can literally type better than most of them with one hand tied behind my back?

Is HN a Miyazaki/animation fan?

Yes. She's generally knowledgeable about "nerd" stuff so naturally she likes Ghibli, but she hasn't spent a decade adoring it like I have.

She has purple hair and is wearing a mass effect shirt right now so you have to expect she's hip to this stuff

Misha

Banned
I'm going to get banned if I hang out in that #niceguy thread any longer.

I don't want to get involved because then id be obligated to keep going but that guy just said that physical violence molestation etc are rare in developed countries. Lol in america 20% of women experience sexual assault. I wouldn't call that rare

Granadier

Yes. She's generally knowledgeable about "nerd" stuff so naturally she likes Ghibli, but she hasn't spent a decade adoring it like I have.

She has purple hair and is wearing a mass effect shirt right now so you have to expect she's hip to this stuff

Is she single?

I don't want to get involved because then id be obligated to keep going but that guy just said that physical violence molestation etc are rare in developed countries. Lol in america 20% of women experience sexual assault. I wouldn't call that rare

Yeah. I can honestly say that is the first thread here that I have started to become physically worked up over. The amount of ignorance being spewed by that guy is off the charts.

Pau

Oh I still have to show Kark that one! It's slow but very lovely I think. Makes so much sense as Miyazaki's last movie.

I don't even bring up that statistic anymore. If people really want to believe that women don't experience this stuff systematically, nothing will convince them.

Which begs the question. Why am I still posting there.

Granadier

I don't even bring up that statistic anymore. If people really want to believe that women don't experience this stuff systematically, nothing will convince them.

For what it's worth, I'm actually enjoying reading your and Dice's responses in there. Very level headed.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
You're not going to convince anyone to change their Nice Guy ways, but maybe if a child reads your posts they won't become a Nice Guy.

I hope your relationship doesn't have a shit ending too.

Misha

Banned
Yeah. I can honestly say that is the first thread here that I have started to become physically worked up over. The amount of ignorance being spewed by that guy is off the charts.
You need to read more threads then :p
Guys like him show up monthly

One of the first links when that statistic is googled is a time article (likely like a "contributor" or w/e) saying that that statistic is wrong because reports from the police dont line up at all and its not worth talking about because we're forgetting about men when we're worried so much about women who experience sexual assault. The article is by a woman so I can just imagine how often its used by guys trying to justify their stance

But yeah hes just justifying his behavior because he hates the idea that he should change on account of someone else.

Misha

Banned
Begging the question is an amusing fallacy. It happens so often but people just dont seem to notice

You're not going to convince anyone to change their Nice Guy ways, but maybe if a child reads your posts they won't become a Nice Guy.
very true. More like late teens than child tho,

See, this is why I usually stay to my subscribed threads.

Ive actually educated people in some threads so I feel like the frustration is worth it for me.

Pau

For what it's worth, I'm actually enjoying reading your and Dice's responses in there. Very level headed.
Thanks! My only hope is that other people (not exclusively who I'm responding to) might find them thought provoking and useful.

Don't worry, nobody important cares and people misuse the term all day erry day
True. :p And that's what proofreaders are for right!

One of the first links when that statistic is googled is a time article (likely like a "contributor" or w/e) saying that that statistic is wrong because reports from the police dont line up at all and its not worth talking about because we're forgetting about men when we're worried so much about women who experience sexual assault. The article is by a woman so I can just imagine how often its used by guys trying to justify their stance

But yeah hes just justifying his behavior because he hates the idea that he should change on account of someone else.
Yeah, it's just... an impossible situation it feels like. It's so hard to get accurate statistics and then if you do, will people actually pay attention?

Misha

Banned
this begs the question if we need to have the "language is a living organism" talk again

There isn't another term that I know of to describe begging the question. Just because things change meaning doesn't mean its a good thing, it can cause us to lose descriptions for things that already exist.

Waving anything away with "it happens *shrug*" is annoying tbh. There are things worth discussing about the tiniest thing

Spoiler free: It's trash masquerading as pseudo-intellectual bullshit.

Bioshock infinite was a mass effect sequel? :O

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Language is the eternal struggle of the vigilant, noble few against the ravages of those damned kids today.

Worst major villain of the series? I think it's a strong contender.

There are a lot of odd things about MGSV. I do hope there will be a tell-all book about behinds the scene stuff.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't know what the ME3 ending is (I finished the first two games) no spoilz plz

I can't spoil because because after ME2 I quit the series, it was too shit.

ME1 had it's flaws and I thought "they'll fix them and the sequel will be even better". And then ME2 was only slightly more of an RPG than GoW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom