• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUME5

its not any better if guys who aren't douches don't talk to her because guys who are douches do :p

just don't specifically rig it so that you have to work together then constantly stare at her chest or anything like that :p

seriously though, its way more than the fact that girls have to deal with guys hitting on them, its how awful a lot of the guys who do are. do it during breaks and not during a meeting or something and you're good

I've asked a grand total of one girl out while she was at work, and that was because she'd been giving me signals for months. Other than that, it's bad form to hit on someone at work.

its not any better if guys who aren't douches don't talk to her because guys who are douches do :p

just don't specifically rig it so that you have to work together then constantly stare at her chest or anything like that :p

seriously though, its way more than the fact that girls have to deal with guys hitting on them, its how awful a lot of the guys who do are. do it during breaks and not during a meeting or something and you're good

Sometimes I'll see her walking during lunch and I'll say 'hi' but she seems like the shy type since I get the smallest of responses back. We have worked together, but that was mainly her working on my work computer since it crashed on me and I didn't say anything because I just wanted to let her work so i could get back to work.

I dunno, maybe I should try getting her to say more than "hi" next time I see her. She takes the same bus I do on the weekends, but *I* don't even like talking to people on the bus, so I probably won't bother unless we can get an actual conversation going.

Misha

Banned
I've asked a grand total of one girl out while she was at work, and that was because she'd been giving me signals for months. Other than that, it's bad form to hit on someone at work.

just making sure, you're agreeing with me and not trying to correct me right? it so hard to tell since with very small differences in wording can possibly mean something different.

I guess the way I worded it it might seem like i'm saying "hit on her during her breaks". I meant more "converse with her during breaks and see where it goes"

Misha

Banned
i'm not sure if i'd consider myself shy or not. like I keep to myself and am somewhat awkward socially but that's more because of what people try to talk about than me not wanting to talk. does that make me shy? idk. I can talk forever if we get things going. also I tend to avoid talking much when working because I constantly feel obligated to get back to work and not talk

FUME5

just making sure, you're agreeing with me and not trying to correct me right? it so hard to tell since with very small differences in wording can possibly mean something different.

I guess the way I worded it it might seem like i'm saying "hit on her during her breaks". I meant more "converse with her during breaks and see where it goes"

Hahaha, no, I was not trying to mansplain.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Ceallach delivering the juicy details.

Not going to be able to double dip on Overwatch at launch, I'll have to wait for a sale to pick up the PC version.

Are you getting it on Xbox then? I'm very tempted.

Granadier

Noooooo I missed it whatever it was.
Serves me right for going outside with friends.

Yeah, like a lot of things these days, I'll get it on the Bone to play with the crew....and those fuckers will hardly be on.

Well if our time zones line up I'm down for a game with you. Not sure when I will pick it up though. I should be packing up my apartment this week instead of playing games.

Granadier

I posted a pic of the hostess (I swear to god hn took it not me) but I'm a bit lit and didn't realize what a bad idea that was until a bit later

Oooh, I see. Yeah that's kinda bad grey area. Eliza Dushku is gorgeous though.

Yup, there we go, right on cue.

Rather than get into an actual conversation with me, accuse me of being a part of the vast liberal/female conspiracy.

From the thread or from something with notch?

Notch.

I bailed on that thread long ago/last night.

I said Notch didn't deserve his fame, then I commented on a few of Jennifer's tweets. Mainly, people are upset she is joking in a tweet about oppressing men.

Granadier

It sounds like the people above me are rolling bowling balls back and forth across their kitchen floor.

..... okay.

I need to block this guy from my Twitter.

Not only is he harassing me with constant Tweets, he's now drawing parallels between the word mansplaining and rape.

zeemumu

Eva Green does crazy so well.

tumblr_mwzrjcIYVr1qdtxsgo1_500.gif

Ancient Greece, where your best armor was your abs and helmets were optional.

GoT spoilers:

Hold the door
...hmm...

I'm gonna miss him.

CROSSFIT JESUS
:D

Wait do I need to spoiler that? Noone else gives a shit about wrassling do they? Except Beef, but I saw you posting in the ER thread so I guess you were watching

This is the worst part about growing up. Everyone moves to different places. :(

It's not great, but you do make new friends where you end up, and if you're fortunate you can meet up with the distant ones. In Toronto for the weekend staying with a friend of over 20 years, to attend the wedding of a different friend of nearly 15 years tonight. I got sentiment in my eyes a few times.

This thread is in general very evolved and sensitive (despite the freakiness) even relative to NeoGAF as a whole. I wonder how such a progressive little sub community came about

Civility, wackiness, and no actual shared interest to overcome each other's shittiness?

Reading the thread in OT about girls coding made me rethink my idea of trying to strike up a conversation with one of the IT girls at work since I'm sure she got a lot of shit. :|

Talk to her because she might be an interesting person and not because she's a she (talk is cheap, I catch myself doing it too).

Maybe his balls are that size
Can't argue with that. You make a valid point.
They wouldn't sound like they were rolling, though, just a dragging sound, followed by shrieks when he caught them on the coffee table.

zeemumu

Don't tell me hes defending rape too

I doubt that's what you mean but...

Did I miss something? What did Notch say? Who's the guy yelling at Wuv on Twitter?

I'll be jumping onto Overwatch as soon as it opens up. I don't have most of you guys added on Battle net so you guys should PM me your Battletags so I can add

Did I miss something? What did Notch say? Who's the guy yelling at Wuv on Twitter?

1) Notch got into an argument/fight with another indie dev over her use of the phrase "mansplaining" (which she used in a joking manner). He then went on his personal account and called her "cuntfused".

2) Some guy who found me via her Twitter has been TwitterStalking me for the past hour, and finally ended up with a Block when he paralleled the fear of being told you are mansplaining to the fear of rape.

Jobbs

Banned
A little shocking how few people in the GOT OT seem to even comprehend
the logical challenge presented by a time paradox

zeemumu

A little shocking how few people in the GOT OT seem to even comprehend
the logical challenge presented by a time paradox

GoT operates on the rule that time can't be rewritten. You can only go back and make something that will already happen happen. There's nothing else to it. It's like a time turner

Also attempting to find logic in a world of zombies, dragons, and time trees is already illogical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom