• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao Hu

no but an old lady called me honey and clapped

pretty sure you didn't get an actual ovation

pandoras jar, the trojan war

Hey, I even got offered the fucking cat I've rescued!
_____

Will somebody spoon me please. Having fewer during summer is no fun at all!

Numb

Hey, I even got offered the fucking cat I've rescued!
_____

Will somebody spoon me please. Having fewer during summer is no fun at all!

ginosaji_4649.jpg

you wont escape

Xiao Hu

OR at least somebody come here and caress gently my hair....

@Jobbs: I almost broke my arm twisting it to reach that little fucker inside the vehicle

Misha

Banned
Jason and the Argonauts springs to mind, but there's a lot of shit to pick from and my memory is vague.
I actually don't think I ever read that one despite it being popular

And yeah that's why I'm asking, to remember some :p

For some reason I like the one with Orpheus and Eurydice.
Actually pretty much any one that crossed in and out of the underworld I like to an extent

FloatOn

I don't often talk about my professional life because I'm pretty sure all of you will find it boring. But, my life is about to become this for better or worse for the next little bit

mr-burns-monkeys-typewriters1.jpg

Probably won't be around here as much. Don't miss me too hard.

I don't often talk about my professional life because I'm pretty sure all of you will find it boring. But, my life is about to become this for better or worse for the next little bit

mr-burns-monkeys-typewriters1.jpg

but stealthbrowsing GAF at work is the best thing! monkeys won't care

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Jesus Christ I finally bothered to watch Zero Time Dilema 9 minutes of gameplay. What the fuck at those animations, that voice acting and direction? Why? I guess in ways this shows me why sometimes having no voice acting and animation can be more effective with stills. So off putting and more considering when the important things are expressions of the characters. I'll probably still get the game to support it but damn it does look rough. Again I shouldnt be surprised at it since the budget is probably running on shoe string but damn.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

You quit retail to become a roadie right? FloatOn probably has a boss who wears a tie and drinks coffee, his responsibilities are endless now.

zeemumu

"nicely"? I can't begin to comprehend how the loop got there, so there's nothing nice about it.

In any single reality time travel, if we take things to their logical conclusion, every time travel occurance that ever was -- er, is -- will all be occuring infinitely in every moment. Reality would just be an incomprehensible mess. It's an endless sea of unsolvable problems. It's impossible.

It's probably the most rational of the 3 types:

1. You do time shenanigans and the changes that you make happen in real time in the present (Looper, Meet the Robinsons, Invader Zim)

2. You go back and change something, creating a parallel universe that splits off at the point where the change took place (Back to the Future, Ocarina of Time, Jumanji, and media with a "bad future" plot)

3. Events occur the same way that you remember them because you went back to make them happen (GoT, Teen Titans, Prisoner of Azkaban,Time Splitters 3, also Ocarina of Time)

marrec

Banned

Already miss you bby

Well this weekend was extremely fun and extremely sucky. Had to work all weekend on a project that the head engineer was actively working against me on. Shit head. We even had a big meeting this morning where we presented two completely different scenarios for the failures we're seeing. I've tried to see it from his point of view but his point of view is wrong.

BUT! I did do that Escape the Room thing.

Man that was fucking tits. Already booked for another one next month.

Anyway, how's tricks Fakers?

Edit:

Oh, I also got a physical copy of "The Woods" by Sleater Kinney and had a peanut butter and jelly milkshake.

That was dope too.

FloatOn

grats on the new gig, but what is it? you're overseeing a thousand monkeys who are going to write the greatest novel known to man?

I'm the quality coordinator at my facility. What this actually means is many different things, I do process improvement projects (lean six sigma, kaizen), I lead a team of auditors to audit our processes, I do technical writing to develop new processes or revise current processes and so on. My company is a 3PL (third party logistics) for a company that makes appliances. We have a network of four facilities in various parts of the country and in Canada. This past year we just earned another facility in Chicago and it has been a rough startup. They are discovering that many of the processes that we have in place don't cover or don't adequately cover what is needed to be done on the daily.

So myself, and the 4 other quality coordinators in our network are basically going to be tasked with writing or revising the processes for both office and warehouse tasks until the powers that be are satisfied.

Essentially, I will be a monkey on a typewriter for next little while. This is on top of my other duties that I skate by on.

I might be over reacting and I may be able to stealth but I don't see much downtime in my future.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm the quality coordinator at my facility. What this actually means is many different things, I do process improvement projects (lean six sigma, kaizen), I lead a team of auditors to audit our processes, I do technical writing to develop new processes or revise current processes and so on. My company is a 3PL (third party logistics) for a company that makes appliances. We have a network of four facilities in various parts of the country and in Canada. This past year we just earned another facility in Chicago and it has been a rough startup. They are discovering that many of the processes that we have in place don't cover or don't adequately cover what is needed to be done on the daily.

So myself, and the 4 other quality coordinators in our network are basically going to be tasked with writing or revising the processes for both office and warehouse tasks until the powers that be are satisfied.

That sounds tough and also boring but mostly boring. Unless the company makes something cool like peanut butter or books.

FloatOn

How do you end up in one of those jobs initially?

for me, I got recruited with my company 13 years ago. My first real job. I started out as a lowly IT guy and just did whatever I could to learn the business. I did a bunch of lateral moves over those years and eventually landed in this about 3 years ago. A background in engineering and technical writing would serve you well if you wanted to get into quality.

zeemumu

for me, I got recruited with my company 13 years ago. My first real job. I started out as a lowly IT guy and just did whatever I could to learn the business. I did a bunch of lateral moves over those years and eventually landed in this about 3 years ago. A background in engineering and technical writing would serve you well if you wanted to get into quality.

I'm a CS major so I think an engineering background is out for the time being unless I luck out with software engineering

marrec

Banned
How do you end up in one of those jobs initially?

Fell into it when the quality head left. I have a background in electrical commissioning and testing procedures so it was natural for me to take lead of the on the floor quality team here. Over the years I was slowly absorbed into be more and more in the office instead of actually doing any testing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oh, this is my wallpaper

I won't take an actual picture because my desktop is messy as hell right now. Embarrassingly so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom