• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I hope I die inside a lovely man's bum. Interesting story to pass down in the family.
KuGsj.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yo I got a first draft for the tattoo. Top's my idea, bottom is the first rough draft of the artist, who's also a big souls fan. Already like it a lot, and wonder how everything'll look like in the end. First part's gonna get done in two days woo

love what he did with the darksign

do you guys know any games with one-dimensional love interests?

Isn't that like 80% of games with love interests? Is this a trick question trab

Vazra

do you guys know any games with one-dimensional love interests?

When you mean that you mean it as they are only interested in each other or as in 1 character interested while the other doesnt care or doesnt love that person in the same way? Hmmmm

Yo I got a first draft for the tattoo. Top's my idea, bottom is the first rough draft of the artist, who's also a big souls fan. Already like it a lot, and wonder how everything'll look like in the end. First part's gonna get done in two days woo

love what he did with the darksign
That looks awesome. On what part of your body will it go exactly?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
When you mean that you mean it as they are only interested in each other or as in 1 character interested while the other doesnt care or doesnt love that person in the same way? Hmmmm

That looks awesome. On what part of your body will it go exactly?

It'll go around my upper right forearm, below the elbow. I'm thinking it might be a good position for it so I can extend it up to the shoulder later on with moments, characters and ideas from the series if I wanna.

Vazra

I actually meant badly executed love interest plots. more like hollywood shit with no depth.

Thats 90% of all videogames tbh. Most romances are pretty poorly developed and those who try to make an effort end up being laughable for most of the part. Visual Novel usually handle romances better but that is mostly cause the only focus on most visual novels is the narrative.

Thats 90% of all videogames tbh. Most romances are pretty poorly developed and those who try to make an effort end up being laughable for most of the part.

I can't really think of that many games that actually have a romance sub plot tbh.
there's stuff like early Final Fantasy or Mass Effect of course but they at least tried to give it a little more complexity.

zeemumu

I actually meant badly executed love interest plots. more like hollywood shit with no depth.

aw yess, you're right! classic damsel in distress stuff.

Amy transitions from damsel in distress to super fangirl and doesn't really have any personality in the games outside of being obsessed with Sonic and standard girl stuff. She's more fleshed out in the shows.

Peach has very little character outside of being a princess, and Daisy has pretty much no character whatsoever since she only exists for Luigi to have a love interest.

Give me like 5 minutes and I'll find more.

Misha

Banned
I can't really think of that many games that actually have a romance sub plot tbh.
there's stuff like early Final Fantasy or Mass Effect of course but they at least tried to give it a little more complexity.
You're using a low standard if have three conversations and have sex is considered complexity. That's still quite below the average Hollywood junk

zeemumu

Okay, I took a quick look through my games drawers.

Parappa the Rapper and Sunny is pretty much as basic as it gets

Dark Souls 3 spoilers

If I remember correctly, Anri of Astora is fated to be your true love and you marry her (by shoving a sword into her) and that seemed to come out of nowhere because every interaction I had with her involved her asking about Horace (who I murdered because he went nuts *shrug*)

Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade. We get an idea of why they might end up together but we really don't get any actually building on their relationship. Johnny saves her from Kano (after beating her up because she refused to go out with him) then the next time we see anything about their relationship is in MKX when he saved her from Shinnok, but that's about it. No real actual bonding, just "you saved my life, we're together now." I'm guessing that's why the marriage didn't last. That one would require more looking into.

There's The Force Unleashed where the romance plot seemed somewhat unnecessary. I don't know if it's because it's been a while since I've played that game but I remember next to nothing about his love interest aside from her being a pilot and having a professional attitude.

Can't think of any in Kingdom Hearts outside of the established Disney love stories because all of the original characters are technically just friends at the time. The only one who gets anything directly romantic is Zack from Final Fantasy saying that he'll ask Aqua out on a date when he becomes a hero

zeemumu

Actually, trab, look into the games Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, and Beyond: Two Souls. The romance plots of those games are decision-oriented but I don't recall them being very good.

Misha

Banned
Actually, trab, look into the games Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, and Beyond: Two Souls. The romance plots of those games are decision-oriented but I don't recall them being very good.
Madison was awful in heavy rain. Would have been better off without her
(Well the character wasn't bad but what they put her through was)

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I'll fight with my last breath that the best written romance in video games was Squall and Rinoa. It was such a slow build, so natural up until they finally embrace while Eyes on Me plays.

So great.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'll fight with my last breath that the best written romance in video games was Squall and Rinoa. It was such a slow build, so natural up until they finally embrace while Eyes on Me plays.

So great.
It's definitely one of the better written ones.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Dark Souls 3 sidequest spoiler: There's no more romantic way to show blooming love and deep care more than
a sword through the head

zeemumu

Dark Souls 3 sidequest spoiler: There's no more romantic way to show blooming love and deep care more than
a sword through the head

My cousin's wedding would've gone somewhat differently had that happened. Would've been an awkward reception.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Feeling like shit today.

You're not stupid. What's your twitter handle so I can tell you you're not stupid.

I know I'm not stupid. I also need to clarify this is just upsetting me from the standpoint of me both hating GG and disliking it when devs turn out to be little shits. But thank you.

It's hilarious that numerous random people are so offended by my statement that they feel they need to gang up on me.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
ffs, "mansplaining" thread turning into another gamergate junior account circus of crazy. What is it with those guys and millions of sleeper cell gaf accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom