• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to be at pax prime, I didn't solve the code demon but I successfully worked around it, (apparently..) and I don't "know" the guys but I could talk to them if I wanted and I have access to their game because I have access to every adult swim published game released or otherwise

(that said I don't generally play the unreleased games of other devs unless they ask me to, because I don't want to really mess with something that may be broken or not ready)

ooh nice'

Idk why I was just curious and just wanted to encourage you in general or what not

programming seems very confusing to me but I may be of a simple mind.

Yo I may know a couple going to PAX Prime. So I may "encourage" them to visit you (too poor to go to PAX Prime myself)

Jobbs

Banned
*compiling to update steam build*

actually going to have one on time when I said I would.. this may be the first time ever

*collapses*

ooh nice'

Idk why I was just curious and just wanted to encourage you in general or what not

programming seems very confusing to me but I may be of a simple mind.

Yo I may know a couple going to PAX Prime. So I may "encourage" them to visit you (too poor to go to PAX Prime myself)

thanks man =)

it is confusing and I'm not any good at it, trust me, I have trouble holding a train of thought. I'm using a game engine that handles a lot of the dirty stuff for me, that's the only reason it's possible

At least Prometheus has pacing... We have uptime and downtime. I think that sort of thing is important in movies. If your movie is basically just two long action scenes, we could almost describe it as one long action scene -- it kinda loses me in the noise

*sigh*

Only thing I'll say on this because, as I said, boring and pointless

A) There are at least 6 distinct action scenes - the opening escape, before the sandstorm, chain fight, bikeboys, Verdi fuck yeah and The Return
B) Between each of these there is actually a fair amount of downtime
C) The action scenes themselves have better pacing than a lot of films. They start out with very little going on and ramp up into
completely followable
chaos. Take before the sandstorm: starts out with a spikecar, then a couple, then a spikevan, then the war party shows up, lead by Nux. Initially it's just Nux involved as he drove ahead but then more cars get involved, getting more and more hectic until they drive into the sandstorm. There's this gradual buildup, even though it starts at an already relatively high speed compared to most films, it's still possible for it to ramp up further from where it starts.

Real answer, The Raid 2

Yesssss

*sigh*

Only thing I'll say on this because, as I said, boring and pointless

A) There are at least 6 distinct action scenes - the opening escape, before the sandstorm, chain fight, bikeboys, Verdi fuck yeah and The Return
B) Between each of these there is actually a fair amount of downtime
C) The action scenes themselves have better pacing than a lot of films. They start out with very little going on and ramp up into
completely followable
chaos. Take before the sandstorm: starts out with a spikecar, then a couple, then a spikevan, then the war party shows up, lead by Nux. Initially it's just Nux involved as he drove ahead but then more cars get involved, getting more and more hectic until they drive into the sandstorm. There's this gradual buildup, even though it starts at an already relatively high speed compared to most films, it's still possible for it to ramp up further from where it starts.

Yesssss

Yeah this, Mad Max has great pacing. I think The Raid 2 falls a bit short in this regard, although I still love it.

Yasssssss

Nice! I know it isn't what you want, but I bet it still looks fire <3

Red is your colour, meine Süßkirsche

<3
I hope it turns out cool.

Why won't it work? To hard to bleach or does he/she think it would look odd?
yeah my hair is too kaputt from previous dying actions. :/
well there's too much red left in it as it it. very hard to go from that to ashen colors.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
<3
I hope it turns out cool.

yeah my hair is too kaputt from previous dying actions. :/
well there's too much red left in it as it it. very hard to go from that to ashen colors.

Your hairdresser is a quitter yo. I went from red to blonde to blue back to red in the span of a week and my hair is still silky soft.

Your hairdresser is a quitter yo. I went from red to blonde to blue back to red in the span of a week and my hair is still silky soft.

nah mine is already fried and it would be worse. I hit the point of no return a long time ago :S I had pretty wild days where I did the same you did. but I'm old now and my hair is too.
will get some olaplex done tho. expensive as hell but I hope it'll fix it a bit.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Our trabs is entering her 60's. They grow up so fast :')

Dark red will look very good on you.

FloatOn

Good morning friends

quick question, how do you deal with working with people significantly older than you that are also fucking morons?

This guy I work with is in his 70s he's a sweet old man but he doesn't have a fucking clue. He is supposed to be the one that approves processes that relate to safety but since he doesn't know how to use a computer he lets someone else approve these processes for him. I'm thinking he doesn't even read them because when they roll out EVERYONE has issues with them. What is supposed to happen is that everyone on the safety team in our network votes on these processes and then he is supposed to approve them. I'm thinking these meetings are conducted poorly because the safety person here didn't have a clue that these procedures were even coming out.

Anyway, I tend to be non-confrontational and respectful of elders but god damn is this making my life difficult.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Good morning friends

quick question, how do you deal with working with people significantly older than you that are also fucking morons?

This guy I work with is in his 70s he's a sweet old man but he doesn't have a fucking clue. He is supposed to be the one that approves processes that relate to safety but since he doesn't know how to use a computer he lets someone else approve these processes for him. I'm thinking he doesn't even read them because when they roll out EVERYONE has issues with them. What is supposed to happen is that everyone on the safety team in our network votes on these processes and then he is supposed to approve them. I'm thinking these meetings are conducted poorly because the safety person here didn't have a clue that these procedures were even coming out.

Anyway, I tend to be non-confrontational and respectful of elders but god damn is this making my life difficult.
I'm super confrontational. So I would pretty much just tell him like it is. Otherwise I would try to address it with whoever his supervisor is.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm turning 26 on Friday. Officially on the "late" side of my twenties now. Haven't decided how I feel about that yet.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm turning 26 on Friday. Officially on the "late" side of my twenties now. Haven't decided how I feel about that yet.
I'm halfway into 27 and I feel old as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom