• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windam

Scaley member
The problem is its not like social media. They know I'm following them on instagram because there's a real name and picture. My tumblr just has my username and a picture of Tomba, much like here.

I don't see how this is a problem. Troll them >:D

zeemumu

This code is going to be the death of me. I just want this thing to print into the array one letter at a time.

Edit: I did it...sorta.

zeemumu

what did you have to do?

I had to print these letters from two different files to two different 2D arrays. I kept getting outofbounds exception errors, but I managed to find another way to get it to read one letter at a time without getting the error, but when it prints it starts printing multiples of the same letter. Idk if it's a problem with the compiler or not. I'm probably going to get a shitty grade fro this one. I already did terribly on the professor's initial knowledge test because it had been so long that I had forgotten a lot of basic programming.

I had to print these letters from two different files to two different 2D arrays. I kept getting outofbounds exception errors, but I managed to find another way to get it to read one letter at a time without getting the error, but when it prints it starts printing multiples of the same letter. Idk if it's a problem with the compiler or not. I'm probably going to get a shitty grade fro this one. I already did terribly on the professor's initial knowledge test because it had been so long that I had forgotten a lot of basic programming.

If you're running into a problem, it's probably not the compiler ;)

Do you know the size of each file you are reading? Youre just running out of space in the array(s).

zeemumu

If you're running into a problem, it's probably not the compiler ;)

Do you know the size of each file you are reading? Youre just running out of space in the array(s).

The array space is determined by the file itself, so probably not. I had the program read the file once to get the amount of rows, then again to print the contents of both files into two different arrays. There's something else that I have to do but I haven't figured it out so I'm probably going to turn it in as is and hope that the point deduction isn't as harsh. I ended up getting three extremely difficult professors this quarter. One is using my class this quarter as an experiment to see how much of a workload that we can handle for future classes, one is old and doesn't care if we get the material, so it's more of a sink or swim deal, and the third is just challenging.

I have to go buy my materials for the first one, study for the midterm for the 2nd one, and finish this project for the 3rd. On top of this I work all weekend, but I refuse to give up because I know people who have been able to handle more than this, and I know it's not good to judge myself based on what others do but in this case it's important to me to show myself that I'm a competent person.

What language are you using? You might not be reading a null terminating character. IE you're counting the number of characters you need to read and print you're not getting everything in the file, but when you're reading the contents you're getting a bunch of junk that overflows the arrays.

Also having the one professor using your class as guinea pigs might also mean the grading might be less harsh.

zeemumu

What language are you using? You might not be reading a null terminating character. IE you're counting the number of characters you need to read and print you're not getting everything in the file, but when you're reading the contents you're getting a bunch of junk that overflows the arrays.

Java

Also having the one professor using your class as guinea pigs might also mean the grading might be less harsh.

Mhm...

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Crap internet strikes again?

Or he's been binge drinking.

Why_not_both.jpg

Turin

Banned
Finally saw Winter Soldier. Definitely my favorite out of the Marvel movies I've seen.

Also, that solid blue suit >>>>> the American flag suit.

Turin

Banned
The Star Wars universe is cool but I wish it was aloud to go into a more mature route.

It doesn't have to be some R rated Game of Sith movie(that would be cool though) but does it have to be a children's movie?

The Star Wars universe is cool but I wish it was aloud to go into a more mature route.

It doesn't have to be some R rated Game of Sith movie(that would be cool though) but does it have to be a children's movie?
I swear there was a movie with Ewoks and some kids family gets slaughtered

zeemumu

Episode 3 is as dark as they're willing to go. They sell more tickets with a lower rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom