• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Have We Done to Each Other?

Sugar Storm

Clue One

Clue Two

The sublime transition form Clue One to Clue Two...

pX1RQiI.gif

Risgroo

Yeah, Gone Girl's score was one of the best parts of the movie.

Trent Reznor slayed everyone else in the game.
Sogood.gif
Zimmer did a good job with Interstellar as well, I'd be ok with him winning.

Dude is 3/3 with movie scores. I'd be 1000% ok with him stopping Nine Inch Nails if it meant we get more movie score goodness from him.

Not yet! I need to see at least one more NIN show. Incredible live experience. He probably won't keep touring that much longer though, he turns 50 this year!
What Have We Done to Each Other?

Sugar Storm

Clue One

Clue Two

The sublime transition form Clue One to Clue Two...
klkgfxo.gif

Perfection.

Sogood.gif
Zimmer did a good job with Interstellar as well, I'd be ok with him winning.

Yeah Interstellar soundtrack surprised me a lot. The organ's are the best part and a nice touch. Makes everything seem kinda dreamlike.

Not yet! I need to see at least one more NIN show. Incredible live experience. He probably won't keep touring that much longer though, he turns 50 this year!

Yeah I could do with one more tour. Saw him once before. Will definitely be there for (the second) farewell tour.

Risgroo

Definitely a highlight as well.

Cornfield Chase changed my life.

Mountains is pretty great.

Yeah Interstellar soundtrack surprised me a lot. The organ's are the best part and a nice touch. Makes everything seem kinda dreamlike.

Yeah I could do with one more tour. Saw him once before. Will definitely be there for (the second) farewell tour.

Loved the organs. The whole score has a pretty unique sound, especially compared to some of Zimmer's recent work, which has been pretty boring IMO.

I just hope Trent thinks it's worth coming to Norway again, ticket sales were pretty bad last time(something like 3500).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TLARTMW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Em, I'm praying 4 ur fave's new album. This is trash.

I had this link on hold for you. It's an analysis by Bryan Fuller(showrunner) on the state of mind of each character during the final scene. Fun little read.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...h-bryan-fuller

Okay, after reading that I'm screaming that I didn't notice the similarities to the end of the first episode of Hannibal. I always love when everything comes full circle.

I'm not sure why Maroon 5 is still a band tbh. Unless the members besides Adam Levine are a strictly live band of sorts now. They rely on writers and producers to write pretty much all of their current material, so it's like what is point.

Just have Adam Levine go solo.

iCaD6NU.gif

Enjoying Red Dragon. Pretty gripping right from the start. And I'm getting a kick out of all the little references and quotes I'm recognizing from Hannibal.

Still gonna have to get used to picturing Dr. Alana Bloom and Freddy Lounds as men tho.

Turin

Banned
Enjoying Red Dragon. Pretty gripping right from the start. And I'm getting a kick out of all the little references and quotes I'm recognizing from Hannibal.

Still gonna have to get used to picturing Dr. Alana Bloom and Freddy Lounds as men tho.

Yeah, I've heard it's quite a bit different. Thomas Harris basically gave Bryan Fuller permission to do whatever he wanted.

The National Tattler instead of tattlecrime.com because obviously the internet wasn't really a thing when the book was originally written.

Yeah, I've heard it's quite a bit different. Thomas Harris basically gave Bryan Fuller permission to do whatever he wanted.

Yeah, NBC Hannibal seems to be a prequel to this. Because in this Will's already caught Hannibal and he's already been institutionalized. And he has to consult with him to catch another killer.

Hannibal S2 spoilers:
Will's gut scar is mentioned as is the linoleum knife Hannibal used to cut him. Oh and Dr. Chilton is alive which obviously wouldn't be the case in the show's continuity because of Miriam.

So yeah, it's technically a prequel but the show's doing its own thing too.

Turin

Banned
The National Tattler instead of tattlecrime.com because obviously the internet wasn't really a thing when the book was originally written.

Yeah, NBC Hannibal seems to be a prequel to this. Because in this Will's already caught Hannibal and he's already been institutionalized. And he has to consult with him to catch another killer.

Hannibal S2 spoilers:
Will's gut scar is mentioned as is the linoleum knife Hannibal used to cut him. Oh and Dr. Chilton is alive which obviously wouldn't be the case in the show's continuity because of Miriam.

So yeah, it's technically a prequel but the show's doing its own thing too.

Bryan Fuller has said that season 3 will be an "bastardization" of Red Dragon, Hannibal(third book) and Hannibal Rising(origin book).
So when he inevitably escapes after the Silence of the Lambs season it'll mostly be an original story that Bryan Fuller creates to close out this tale in a way the third book didn't do. Also, we'll get to see what the hell Will is up to because the story kind of abandons him after the first book.

This is gonna be quite a ride. ^_^

Bryan Fuller has said that season 3 will be an "bastardization" of Red Dragon, Hannibal(third book) and Hannibal Rising(origin book).
So when he inevitably escapes after the Silence of the Lambs season it'll mostly be an original story that Bryan Fuller creates to close out this tale in a way the third book didn't do. Also, we'll get to see what the hell Will is up to because the story kind of abandons him after the first book.

This is gonna be quite a ride. ^_^

God, I need season three now! Stupid summer delay.

And I also need Hannibal to get at least six seasons. Please, NBC, do not cancel your only good show.

Whenever I read this book, I kind of want to listen to the audiobook for it because Hugh Dancy narrates it and I need to hear him narrate these lines in full context:

By Nightfall said:
I just wanted to straddle the dick of that big, stupid boy who'd humiliated my sister. I didn't like him, but at the moment I wanted to fuck him more than I'd ever wanted to do anything in my life.

He sounds so fucking sassy in the clip for that line.

By Nightfall said:
So I gave him a little shove on the chest with both hands and told him to lie down. And I told him to fuck me. The solid square plates of his pectorals, the V of his hips; here is the small, dark bristle of pubic hair, the pink-brown jut of his dick.

Turin

Banned
Whenever I read this book, I kind of want to listen to the audiobook for it because Hugh Dancy narrates it and I need to hear him narrate these lines in full context:

He sounds so fucking sassy in the clip for that line.

tumblr_mll537evhE1qimfrko1_500.gif

Finally, an avatar quote. God, it took y'all long enough.

Also, that sex scene was pretty damn eloquent. When will George "Fat Pink Mast/Myrish Swamp" Martin?

I don't care how he writes it. The fact that somewhere in the world he is sitting there in front of his old as fuck computer typing with a tent will always be disturbing.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Just wait for the new season with Richard Armitage. Tumblrs are going to explode left and right with sassy, color imbalanced, 3 fps gifs.

I don't care how he writes it. The fact that somewhere in the world he is sitting there in front of his old as fuck computer typing with a tent will always be disturbing.

Reminds me how utterly unfazed I am by the new season of GoT. I've loved each one of them so far, but somehow I just fell from the hype train without even noticing it.

I'm such a disappointment of a fanboy.

Unrelated: I was checking my RSS feeds and it looks like every day is leg day at the Austrian police.

mbGnv2U.jpg

Look at those hams. Goddamn. I need to hit my legs harder.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
So what's the consensus on Diablo 3 as a single player game now that it's been patched to hell and back? I don't have the time for it right now, but it's def up on my awful, awful WIP list.

Edit: What the hell, Tchetil. You owe me an appointment with the otolaryngologist.

Kevyt

Anyone was surprised by yesterday's Oscars? To me not really. Too predictable imo...

So what's the consensus on Diablo 3 as a single player game now that it's been patched to hell and back? I don't have the time for it right now, but it's def up on my awful, awful WIP list.

Edit: What the hell, Tchetil. You owe me an appointment with the otolaryngologist.

For consoles? It's great. Fun couch co-op game. You should get querlfriend to play it with you.

For PC? Ummm... it's alright.

Risgroo

What the hell, Tchetil. You owe me an appointment with the otolaryngologist.
Sorry. I've listened to so much Phil Collins lately that I can't tell what's good anymore. I need to find some kind of support group, Phil phans anonymous or something.

SU-SUSSUDIO

#GAFNoContext

Or be like me and accept that bacon is TRASH.
aBNEFAc.gif

I think we've been over this a million times already, but bacon is a ticket straight to Tasty Town. The way some people obsess over it like "heheheh le bacon strips, hhehehehe internet" almost makes me hate it tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom