• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Don't you be dissin' finntroll mang. These guys are great.

Damnit! Listening to Living Dead Girl right now... I miss this guy's stuff

White Zombie was fun too

and, yes, his movies are terrible. I think he only did two? El Superbeasto and House of 1000 Corpses?
Lol no
Devils rejects (house of 1000 corpses 2, good movie)
Lords of salem
Halloween 1+2
Werewolf women of the SS (lol)

Living Dead Girl is a jam. It hits all the right spots for me.

JhNDtPa.gif

Risgroo

That feel when you check an old friend's Facebook page thinking it's time to get back in touch, only to find tons of racist shit and Gamergate posts.
q8CdsH1.gif

Royal Blood annoy me.

Not because they're bad.

Hell, it's barely even their own fault.

It's because they came out of nowhere. Their second release, a single was on a major label. They got hailed as the return of British rock music despite the fact there are a load of other rock bands who are really good around right now that people aren't paying attention to. Like Dinosaur Pile-Up or Freeze The Atlantic or The Xcerts or Scholars or Nightlife etc. but none of them have any real mainstream attention because...reasons.

Fucking music industry. It's total bullshit and almost entirely marketing.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Don't lie, you know you don't have nearly the same amount of self control.

And I believe my mind had erased all remains from Powerman 5000 to avoid perpetuating the trauma.

Thank you, FakeGAF.

Edit: I'm not a fan of the latest episode of GoT. With that said, Dany's new bae >>>>>> Dany. Querl needs to make up her mind and stick to her decisions already. And hopefuly stop murdering people out of spite. Shitass leader.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Michiel Huisman was so good on Treme. I didn't catch the last half hour of the latest GoT, though.
Powerman 5000 isn't Godsmack.

The_Poet

Banned
Royal Blood annoy me.

Not because they're bad.

Hell, it's barely even their own fault.

It's because they came out of nowhere. Their second release, a single was on a major label. They got hailed as the return of British rock music despite the fact there are a load of other rock bands who are really good around right now that people aren't paying attention to. Like Dinosaur Pile-Up or Freeze The Atlantic or The Xcerts or Scholars or Nightlife etc. but none of them have any real mainstream attention because...reasons.

Fucking music industry. It's total bullshit and almost entirely marketing.

Good music is good music man, pedigree doesn't and shouldn't matter.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
An written story of smug Hermes boasting and shattered masculinity.

Groce.

The media and entertainment biz are ALL about knowing the right people* and being marketable. Everything else is secondary. Achieve both and you are set.

*this is quite probably the thing I hate the most. Having to put a friendly face and consort with bonafide asshats just because they can bring business to you. Everybody knows that. Your colleagues, your rivals, the very asshats in question. But they will still smile and pretend they like you for any other reasons besides their own interests.

I know, some of my favourite bands are small punk bands that haven't got out of playing support slots in pubs, it's just frustrating that this:
The media and entertainment biz are ALL about knowing the right people* and being marketable. Everything else is secondary. Achieve both and you are set.

*this is quite probably the thing I hate the most. Having to put a friendly face and consort with bonafide asshats just because they can bring business to you. Everybody knows that. Your colleagues, your rivals, the very asshats in question. But they will still smile and pretend they like you for any other reasons besides their own interests.

is true. It's more an indictment of capitalist bullshit in music than anything to do with the actual music.

Fucking capitalism man.

The_Poet

Banned
I know, some of my favourite bands are small punk bands that haven't got out of playing support slots in pubs, it's just frustrating that this:

is true. It's more an indictment of capitalist bullshit in music than anything to do with the actual music.

Fucking capitalism man.

Just enjoy those bands man. Sure you can wish that they have more success but being annoyed that a different band are enjoying success is weird to me.

NinjaBoiX

While I do agree that a significant portion of some band's success can be attributed to marketing, it's not like they were plucked at random out of a tombola by some cackling, cigar-chomping fat cat for use in his Build-A-Band™ machine.

You get picked by the marketing men because yes, your sound is riding a zeitgeist and is very fashionable at the minute but also it's invariably because you're good.

These anguished cries of "they're just hollow, cynical shills whoring themselves out for a paycheck" stinks of cloud shouting to me.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Onto the first episode of the latest season of The Americans.

10 minutes in and people are already getting beaten to a pulp/nonchalantly shot in the face.

Beeman sees his boss all purple and he's all like :lel

Onto the first episode of the latest season of The Americans.

10 minutes in and people are already getting beaten to a pulp/nonchalantly shot in the face.

Beeman sees his boss all purple and he's all like :lel

God, you haven't seen anything yet. Prepare yourself.

I'm still not over the finale. Next season is going to be full blown insane.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
YUK YUK YUK

As far as I'm concerned the Microsoft Mouse 2.0 is still the GOAT mouse design, and the main reason I picked a Zowie. I learned CAD in high school with it on a 486 DX4 75 MHz (what a beast that was) and it basically changed the way I saw mice.

wsEGmxJ.jpg

All hail the bean.

I was really tempted to buy a newer Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0, but it's probably a bit too office-y for gaming.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This is pretty nice.

The crazy thing about Moroder is that he could just retire to sleep on his millions and remain a disco legend forever, yet he keeps pumping tunes at his old age because that's what Moroder does.

Where am I
It's better not to know. But you could always ask the man with the opera mask at the door.

Edit: Jesus fucking Christ, Konami. Stop right now and get your shit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom