• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Unlocked the part of my brain that allows me to make responses that are more than a sentence long. Today hasn't gone exactly as planned. I was supposed to go to Universal Studios because hey, it's my last day off before regular work schedule and summer quarter starts up so I may as well end it on something fun. My car battery ended up dying on me at the gas station and I had to call AAA to get a jump so I could drive home and set up a service appointment for my car on Monday. So I had to construct this whole plan around borrowing someone else's car while they borrow a third car that we conveniently have access to until Monday and then using the borrowed car to jump my car's battery to get it to the appointment. I also ordered pizza because there's nothing to cook and I can't leave and found out that Advanced Warfare is buggy as hell. I got two infinite death loop glitches and at one point the game straight up froze.

Kevyt

Unlocked the part of my brain that allows me to make responses that are more than a sentence long. Today hasn't gone exactly as planned. I was supposed to go to Universal Studios because hey, it's my last day off before regular work schedule and summer quarter starts up so I may as well end it on something fun. My car battery ended up dying on me at the gas station and I had to call AAA to get a jump so I could drive home and set up a service appointment for my car on Monday. So I had to construct this whole plan around borrowing someone else's car while they borrow a third car that we conveniently have access to until Monday and then using the borrowed car to jump my car's battery to get it to the appointment. I also ordered pizza because there's nothing to cook and I can't leave and found out that Advanced Warfare is buggy as hell. I got two infinite death loop glitches and at one point the game straight up froze.

Advanced warfare, console version or pc?

Get into The Long Dark.

It has a quote from The Road at the beginning. You actually feel like you're struggling for survival. It's p amazing even in its current alpha form. I lasted one day and five hours. It's brutal. Get into it.

Risgroo

Get into The Long Dark.

It has a quote from The Road at the beginning. You actually feel like you're struggling for survival. It's p amazing even in its current alpha form. I lasted one day and five hours. It's brutal. Get into it.

A survival game without zombies? Yasssss
I'd pick it up, but I'm balls deep in Dirt Rally at the moment
So gud
6zvmy76.gif

latest

I didn't know Log Lantern Lady was in Alan Wake. She even holds her lantern in the same way that Log Lady holds her log. Also, lots of talk about how great the diner's coffee is.

The Twin Peaks homage is strong.

Kevyt

latest

I didn't know Log Lantern Lady was in Alan Wake. She even holds her lantern in the same way that Log Lady holds her log. Also, lots of talk about how great the diner's coffee is.

The Twin Peaks homage is strong.

Really?? I might just have to check it out... but paying for an alpha version puts me off...

Kevyt

Spent $62 on this steam sale, and I'm not regretting it.

Here's what I got:

1) Murdered Soul Suspect
2) GTA Collection (San Andreas, Vice City, GTA III and GTA IV, some DLC)
3) Sleeping dogs definitive edition
4) Ultimate Saints Row Collection (Saints Row 2, III, IV and all the DLC)
5) Resident Evil Franchise pack (RE4, RE5 and RE6).

That's 12 games and DLC for $62!

I remember paying $60 just for one game when I was exclusively a console gamer. I look back and think of all the games I could have bought instead on steam and how much I would have saved. Never again!

Bless be Gaben! \o/

(though to be fair, Naughty Dog, GG and pretty much all Sony first party titles are worth the 60 bucks - I will gladly pay $60 and even more for U4 and Horizon on launch day!)

Might as well chronicle my haul as well.

Although, I'm not done yet. Waiting for the encore days. A few of these will be Amazon sale titles but I'm listing them anyway as they were Steam codes.

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman Arkham City GOTY
BEEP
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons
Deponia
Chaos on Deponia
Darksiders II + all major DLC
Defy Gravity
Don't Starve + Reign of Giants DLC
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
Hitman: Contracts
Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Max Payne 3
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Last Light Redux
Morphopollis
The Night of the Rabbit
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
Oddworld Abe's Exoddus
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD
Out There Somewhere
Stacking
Trine Enchanted Edition
Trine 2 Complete
The Long Dark
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Grand total: ~$100

Kevyt

Games I bought

Wow Jake that's a lot of games. I didn't know Amazon was also having good deals.

I'm all out of money. I had to buy another xbox controller for my PC because my Xbox One controller right stick drifts up by itself. Apparently it's an issue with many xbox one day one controllers. I found out that a lot of people have experienced this problem. I was already getting used to the controller, darn...

There are ways to fix it apparently but I'm not that savvy. Ended up getting a gamestop xbox 360 wired controller. Let's see how long this thing lasts.

Kevyt

This gamestop controller sucks... it feels so cheap and poorly made. It's day and night in comparison to the original xbox one controller.

It'll have to do for now.

For all of you who play pc games, do any of you use a controller outside of the xbox one/360 controllers?

zeemumu

This gamestop controller sucks... it feels so cheap and poorly made. It's day and night in comparison to the original xbox one controller.

It'll have to do for now.

For all of you who play pc games, do any of you use a controller outside of the xbox one/360 controllers?

I use a logitech gamepad. It's okay as far as PC controllers go but is completely subpar compared to a console controller. I should probably get the xbox controller working.

Kevyt

Okay, as far as Pizza rankings go for me: Costco Pizza > Pizza Hut > Dominos > My local pizza shop.

I really like Costco pizza, the combo one because it's cheap, tastes good, and decent size.

Papa Johns is out reach for me, but their Pizza is alright.

I think it's still on sale if you want it.

Welp, too late now.

Clydefrog

Okay, as far as Pizza rankings go for me: Costco Pizza > Pizza Hut > Dominos > My local pizza shop.

I really like Costco pizza, the combo one because it's cheap, tastes good, and decent size.

Papa Johns is out reach for me, but their Pizza is alright.

Welp, too late now.

wow, your local pizza shop must really blow goats. Link?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Local Dominos is not half bad. Definitely better than what Pizza Hut used to be before they got taken out to the back of the shop and put out of their misery. Now that was trash. Last week I had some Bourbon BBQ and Spanish ham and they were pretty decent.

j5cqyIm.png
Wuwe2Zl.png

That feeling when you go to adjust your balls and accidentally move them in just the wrong way with a little too much force and want to die afterwards.

Make it stop. Jesus didn't die for this.

IT'S YOU BOY
YOU IN THE CORNER
SOMETHING IS TAKING ME OVER
I ONLY CAME HERE FOR YOU

I DIDN'T JUST COME HERE TO DANCE
IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
IF YOU'D JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE
YOU'D SEE WHAT I SEE, YOU'D SEE WHAT I SEE

Carly Rae won 2015. Poor everyone else.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'll be watching Prodigy and Florence live in just a couple of weeks, and shortly after I'll have my internet connection upgraded to 200/200 fiber-optic, plus free cellphone and landline calls at €30/month.

God is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom