• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
That moment when you watch Toy Story for the first time and realize how poorly it has aged.

IKgXozU.gif

Listening to Dog Days Are Over when they've just arrived very late.

Thanks global warming.

[edit]: And wow, really looking at that Toy Story 1 gif is really something. Had no idea it aged that terribly. Been too long since I last watched it.

LET'S GO
DON'T WAIT
THIS NIGHT'S ALMOST OVER
HONEST
LET'S MAKE
THIS NIGHT LAST FOREVER

I don't know what's happened but I now have a Spotify playlist with Blink 182 and Sum 41.

To be fair, I've called it "I should know better"

Eh, that's not too bad. I have a playlist with nothing but Phil Collins.
And I listen to it all the time :negmon:

gDkbNJ7.gif

Trying to figure out how to ask someone I haven't spoken to in quite some time if they want to start a band

I mean we were pretty great friends...10 years ago...fuck that's so long

So much of the writing is just so bad. Kojima's dialogue always sounds slightly off because he's a non-native speaker but whenever he tries to drench something in symbolism it is just a level beyond awful. And he likes to do that all the damn time.

Kevyt

It's always been.

I legit need a timeline for dummies. I don't know what the fuck is going on half of the time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I find the timeline all over the place, and without any cohesion.

www.metalgeartimeline.com

(not a joke URL)

It doesn't fill in the relationships between characters, but its pretty good for the broader stuff.

Also, hi everyone, long time no speak

This was very helpful. Still, I feel like there is no cohesion.

So much of the writing is just so bad. Kojima's dialogue always sounds slightly off because he's a non-native speaker but whenever he tries to drench something in symbolism it is just a level beyond awful. And he likes to do that all the damn time.

Lies.

It is art of the highest quality. What else can you expect from the man who brought us the vagina bomb? A true visionary with acute insight into prominent societal issues.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
He is terrible. I thought at first that he was fully aware of how much his writing sucks, but MGS3's insanely long cut scenes made me realize that he isn't. He's just a frustrated (and bad) filmmaker working on videogames and engaging in the worst vices of amateur writing to convey depth and thoughtfulness.

Neat. Will check later.Thanks!

My favourite thing about MGS's writing is when people complain that 4 ruined the plot

Because it was completely fucking insane before then, so I don't know what was going on in their minds.

8SH6fRL.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Shit went off the rails soon. MGS2 was a hot mess already. MGS3 elevated it to new heights. The rest was just its natural progression.

HOLY SHIT GUYS I'M GOING TO AMERICA. FLIGHTS BOOKED AND ERRTHANG.

Shit went off the rails soon. MGS2 was a hot mess already. MGS3 elevated it to new heights. The rest was just its natural progression.

The first game had a fucking cyborg ninja, a walking nuke tank, a telepath in a gas mask, "It's like on of my Japanese animes!", and your clone brother who looked nothing like you because RECESSIVE GENES

There was never any semblance of it being a serious story and that's why I love it. Absurdity is underrated.

My favourite thing about MGS's writing is when people complain that 4 ruined the plot

Because it was completely fucking insane before then, so I don't know what was going on in their minds.

8SH6fRL.gif

MGS1 is crazy but at least fairly simple with only a few twists and turns. MGS2 is fucking bonkers on every level. MGS3 has a strong emotional core that helps let you overlook the flaws. MGS4 tries to continue MGS2 but also be kind of serious but also Kojima can't help himself so its still pretty silly but then it tries to tie up every loose end from the whole series with nanomachines and its so unbeleivably bloated even by the already hugely bloated standards of the series.

Just trash. 2 is also trash but not as bad. 4 has better gameplay at least to save it.

Clydefrog

HOLY SHIT GUYS I'M GOING TO AMERICA. FLIGHTS BOOKED AND ERRTHANG.

The first game had a fucking cyborg ninja, a walking nuke tank, a telepath in a gas mask, "It's like on of my Japanese animes!", and your clone brother who looked nothing like you because RECESSIVE GENES

There was never any semblance of it being a serious story and that's why I love it. Absurdity is underrated.

Murica?

*eagles soar above*

The_Poet

Banned
Any of you guys been to the Munich Oktoberfest?

I'm off to there at the end of the month and I'm looking for hot tips
kek

Chuckie

Any of you guys been to the Munich Oktoberfest?

I'm off to there at the end of the month and I'm looking for hot tips
kek

I haven't, but I still really want to. Huge glasses of beer, bratwursten and blond girls with huge tits serving you these delicacies.

The_Poet

Banned
Noooooooooo :(

I've been meaning to go for the longest time, but there's always something that screws with my plans.

Bring pics.

just do a crazy Bavarian dance with lederhosen on. at least that's how i always imagine it.

Im going to drink so much beer and eat so much sausage.

stock-photo-elderly-man-holding-a-beer-belly-and-sausage-on-white-background-103227800.jpg

I haven't, but I still really want to. Huge glasses of beer, bratwursten and blond girls with huge tits serving you these delicacies.

They can hold like 30 pints at a time. I do love a girl with a strong back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom