• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risgroo

NASCAR is such trash.

At least F1 has a pseudo-sense of dignity by virtue of being European.
Truth. I tried getting into nascar once. Never again.

Pseudo-sense of dignity?
6fF0ZhE.gif

I'll take it.

Wasn't Nascar the one where they just drive around in circles?
They're ovals, MASSIVE difference there, brah. :p

Indy is cool.
AMA motorcycle racing is also very cool.
Indy is fun! Even though I get freaked out by all the ad breaks and constant mention of various sponsors during commentary :S

AcridMeat

Banned
:(
I had a great time at Silverstone this summer, but yeah, wayyy too expensive. Still think it was more than worth it though, so you should definitely try to get there some day! Or you could get into NASCAR instead, YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAWWW.
Indy is cool.
AMA motorcycle racing is also very cool.
Our local track is Sonoma, which gets Indy, AMA and NASCAR. I'd like to go to an indy race there, I went to WTCC the last two years which was fun.

MutFox

Banned
Love F1.
That would be one of my dream jobs.

Also love Rally, another dream job.

Another that is really fun to watch is:
motogp-06.jpg

NASCAR, LOL.
Daytona USA the game was fun, but they had tracks that weren't all left turns.

AcridMeat

Banned
LOL, NASCAR.

WTCC is rad, tho.
This is the track layout, so it's actually one of the only places that NASCAR would be entertaining.
McgvmQy.png

I went to a Ferrari event there years ago and saw a couple of their classic F1 cars go at it, including the V10. Incredible. I wanted to be a racing driver as a kid real bad. Screw not having money to do karting and the likes. :(

edit: I just realized on that image they have 4A and 7A highlighted, I was wondering why it looked weird. I've only been to events where they use turn 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Kevyt

LOL, NASCAR.

WTCC is rad, tho.

Papa plz... Don't be hating on Nascar.

This is the track layout, so it's actually one of the only places that NASCAR would be entertaining.
McgvmQy.png

I went to a Ferrari event there years ago and saw a couple of their classic F1 cars go at it, including the V10. Incredible. I wanted to be a racing driver as a kid real bad. Screw not having money to do karting and the likes. :(

edit: I just realized on that image they have 4A and 7A highlighted, I was wondering why it looked weird. I've only been to events where they use turn 4, 5, 6 and 7.

That layout looks amazing.

How to become a race driver:

Step 1: Be born to loaded parents.
Step 2: Become good at driving.

Steps to become anything in life really... at least it would seem like it.

I am the walking dead at this point. Can't go to hotel room till its read at like 3pm, been awake almost 30 hrs now. Sitting outside in the waiting room for it to be ready. Trying to stay awake

Fates and Furies said:
AND THEN IT WAS CHRISTMAS. Mistletoe hanging from the hallway chandelier, blue spruce wrapped up the banister, a smell of cinnamon, baking apples. Lancelot stood at the bottom of the stairs, smiling at his cragged face in the mirror, fixing his tie. Looking at him, he thought, you’d never tell that he had been so broken this year. He had suffered, had come through it all stronger. Even, he thought, possibly more attractive. Men can do that, become more handsome as they grow older. Women just age. Poor Mathilde, with her corrugated forehead. In twenty years, she’d be silver-gray, her face full of wrinkles. Oh, but she’d still be beautiful, he thought, loyal to the marrow.

Fates and Furies said:
But he saw, under the bowl of peppermint bark on the cherry hall stand, the corner of a newspaper peeking out. Unusual. Mathilde so neat, usually. Everything in the house in its proper place. He pushed the bowl aside to see. His legs went liquid under him.

[reacted]

He had to breathe to keep on two feet. He gripped the table and opened his eyes to see his own face gone white in the mirror.
And above his left shoulder, he saw Mathilde at the top of the stairs. She was watching him. She was unsmiling, intent, bladelike in her red dress. The weak December daylight poured through the window above her and touched her around the shoulders.
The door opened in the kitchen and the children’s voices were in the back of the house, shouting for Uncle Lotto, and Rachel yelled out, “Hello?” and the dog barked joyfully and Elizabeth honked out a laugh, and Rachel and Elizabeth began to softly bicker, and still, Lancelot and his wife looked at each other in the mirror. And then Mathilde took one step down and then another, and her old small smile returned to her face. “Merry Christmas!” she called out gaily in her deep, clear voice. He flinched back as if he’d put his hand down on a hot stove, and she fixed him in the mirror as she slowly, slowly, descended.

The utter passive aggression. The subtle decay of a relationship. The Gone Girl vibes.

I love this book.

Windam

Scaley member
Lorena fits the Spanish stereotype quite well, but Silvia Rubí is probably closer to the ladies you can find at a the local dive anyway. And of course, she's hot AF.

Didn't know who Silvia was. Now I do. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lorena's got the face of an angel and Amarna has got that ass and ain't afraid to get filthy.

Fuck it, I'm all for polygamy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom