• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

Just for you.
Fx3GPsI.jpg

You know up to this day I'm still wondering how she got up there, she looks like she's standing on someone else, and the other girl next to her has her feet on the washer door thingy. I also wonder, and cringe in the inside, if anyone fell during that moment because I'm sure that would have hurt really bad. The door thingy happens to move to the front, or to the back, and boom, down goes the girl next to lilith. Ouchies.

Jobbs

Banned
Watching someone play a game is in many cases more fun than playing it. This is such a case.

I'm not sure how you manage to make a game about cavemen riding sabertooth tigers boring and routine.. But they did

PirateKing

After I bought Watch Dogs I took a "never again" stance with Ubisoft. My brother is here playing it though and I'm watching.

It's gorgeous.. But it has "magic vision" which I hate and the whole thing is just all Ubisofty... Homogenized, routine, safe, boring. These games -- Ubisoft games -- Just so completely lack edge.

Yep. Haven't played a proper Ubisoft in a while. Although I thank them for Rayman Origins/Legends. Those are good games.

No joke, I'm pretty sure Watch Dogs is my favorite Ubisoft game yet. It's a toss-up between that and Assassin's Creed II. In any case, I'm super excited for the new WD in San Francisco!

You know up to this day I'm still wondering how she got up there, she looks like she's standing on someone else, and the other girl next to her has her feet on the washer door thingy. I also wonder, and cringe in the inside, if anyone fell during that moment because I'm sure that would have hurt really bad. The door thingy happens to move to the front, or to the back, and boom, down goes the girl next to lilith. Ouchies.

I think you're dramatically overestimating the difficulty involved. It was pretty easy to do and no one was hurt nor strained.

Jobbs

Banned
No joke, I'm pretty sure Watch Dogs is my favorite Ubisoft game yet. It's a toss-up between that and Assassin's Creed II. In any case, I'm super excited for the new WD in San Francisco!

Watch Dogs had pretty car explosions and I had some fun with some of the convoy side missions for a short while... But from a design perspective, the game committed so many egregious violations (as far as my tastes go, at least) as to leave a lasting impression.

That aside, it also has maybe the worst protagonist design in video game history and a shitty story to match.

Misha

Banned
I think I'm going to follow my cat around and video tape her to rotoscope for loading animations

And I can't find her so nevermind

I don't understand what people dislike about Aiden Pearce or his story. I liked it a lot. It felt like really believable context for a person to do everything he does in the game. Sure he's not the most agreeable guy, but his role in the game isn't really something you expect a likable person to be doing. Plus most of the supporting characters are well realized and entertaining.

I liked exploring the world, especially some of the more remote and hidden areas. I liked the stealth gameplay and myriad tools at your disposal. I liked a lot of the open-ended but still difficult level design. I loved the hacking minigame and the slice of life cutscenes they reward you with.

It's not a perfect game, to be sure, but there's a lot to like about it.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't understand what people dislike about Aiden Pearce or his story. I liked it a lot. It felt like really believable context for a person to do everything he does in the game. Sure he's not the most agreeable guy, but his role in the game isn't really something you expect a likable person to be doing. Plus most of the supporting characters are well realized and entertaining.

I liked exploring the world, especially some of the more remote and hidden areas. I liked the stealth gameplay and myriad tools at your disposal. I liked a lot of the open-ended but still difficult level design. I loved the hacking minigame and the slice of life cutscenes they reward you with.

It's not a perfect game, to be sure, but there's a lot to like about it.

I find the large Delta between us on this interesting but it's hard to explain on my phone. I'll try to justify my hatred later

FUME5

Had to force myself to finish WD, a lot to like and a lot to dislike about that game.

Never finished FC4 (finished all previous games) so skipped Primal, they need to re examine the formulae because it's just so....formulaic.

Found my Friday night dates Facebook, uh pretty sure she went to high school with one of my best friends and I wanted to bang her 20+ years ago...

FUME5 AV still rocks my socks off!

Would your last name happened to be: Miller?

You look like your last name could be Miller.

Micah Miller? no. Mike Miller? Meh. Colt Miller? YES!

headcanon: You are from the Front Mission game that was never released in America and your character is named Colt Miller.

FUME5

FUME5 AV still rocks my socks off!

Would your last name happened to be: Miller?

You look like your last name could be Miller.

Micah Miller? no. Mike Miller? Meh. Colt Miller? YES!

headcanon: You are from the Front Mission game that was never released in America and your character is named Colt Miller.

I can dig it. At least it's not Kaz Miller, I enjoy the use of my limbs.

How's the new couch Ceallach?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
It was made with French Toast with Peanut Butter, Nutella, Banana, Local Applewood Bacon & Marscarpone

FUME5

I don't know if that can be called a grilled cheese anymore.

Waiting for the operators to finish smoko so I can get a stockpile moved for a photo. I'm not the head contractor on this job so nothing I can do about it except get paid to stand around and post in here.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That would have made conversations really interesting.

Oh! Learning to code backwards.

There's a computer at my work by one of the printers that has a lot of gunk and stuff built into it, so the keyboard functionality does the bare minimum to still be qualified as functional. One of the many keys that no longer work is the space bar, so any time I need to write with spaces I have to use the gunked up trackpad to select and copy a space character from some text on the screen, and then use Ctrl+V while writing instead of the space bar. It's fun.

Misha

Banned
?noitulos eht saw tahW
bang on the keyboard till whatever key was stuck got unstuck
There's a computer at my work by one of the printers that has a lot of gunk and stuff built into it, so the keyboard functionality does the bare minimum to still be qualified as functional. One of the many keys that no longer work is the space bar, so any time I need to write with spaces I have to use the gunked up trackpad to select and copy a space character from some text on the screen, and then use Ctrl+V while writing instead of the space bar. It's fun.

imagine if you messed up everythign that wasn't ctrl and v. then you'd have to copy past individual words and letters like it was a ransom note

oh so not this then
I'll cut you.

Yes, yes, you kids can have your stinky and sweaty but still attractive men and leave me to be nostalgic about computer games from my teenaged years.

imagine if you messed up everythign that wasn't ctrl and v. then you'd have to copy past individual words and letters like it was a ransom note

I'd use SSH or VNC and eschew all other text entry until I had made either of those work as a solution (or find a keyboard).

PS: You can wash keyboards in the dishwasher. Just not attached to laptops or in dishwashers with first names. Let them dry a lot.

Misha

Banned
Yes, yes, you kids can have your stinky and sweaty but still attractive men and leave me to be nostalgic about computer games from my teenaged years.

I'd use SSH or VNC and eschew all other text entry until I had made either of those work as a solution (or find a keyboard).

PS: You can wash keyboards in the dishwasher. Just not attached to laptops or in dishwashers with first names. Let them dry a lot.

last time i used the on screen keyboard cause i was too lazy to get up and find another solution :p

whats a dishwasher with a first name?

Granadier

Well I just got told to fuck myself for mentioning that communication would help with dating. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Granadier

Am I missing info here?

Missing, yes. But it wasn't given out before.

Basically a girl I'd been involved with was game to try the whole dating thing again. Was going to come over last night and ended up ghosting me without a word. So tonight I just said that if she wanted to try this again we'd have to communicate.

Cue meltdown. I think she is a "bullet" if those exist.

jb1234

Missing, yes. But it wasn't given out before.

Basically a girl I'd been involved with was game to try the whole dating thing again. Was going to come over last night and ended up ghosting me without a word. So tonight I just said that if she wanted to try this again we'd have to communicate.

Cue meltdown. I think she is a "bullet" if those exist.

I guess she didn't like to be reminded of how she was in the wrong.

^^ I hate when my pictures come alive and don't clean up the frames they break.

I think she is a "bullet" if those exist.

I'm concerned that if I ever had to date again that my low tolerance for bullshit would be a liability. I guess that the pool would be a bit different in my late 30s than in my early 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom