• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUME5

tumblr_n9padhdSVn1shap9do1_500.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just confirmed it with my mate, my Tinder date for Friday is indeed his ex girlfriend from 20+ years ago.

Fucking bizarre.

This is a state of consciousness I endorse.

I endorse you. FUME5 2016.

Also, it's kinda weird running into old friends / girlfriends on Tinder.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Is it immoral to tell the girl that you have a crush on that you're new in town so she's more likely to invite you to her party?

asking for freind

It's new name is Gerald and it's the only thing I care about in this world right now.

The idea of naming trees makes me wish I had called it Fangorn. Oh well, Gerald it is!

Is it immoral to tell the girl that you have a crush on that you're new in town so she's more likely to invite you to her party?

asking for freind

How likely is she to find out? Women have a habit of finding out when men are lying to them. I'd say don't unless you're confident she'll never notice.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
How likely is she to find out? Women have a habit of finding out when men are lying to them. I'd say don't unless you're confident she'll never notice.

If she finds out then it's creepy but if she doesn't it's romantic? I thought it was the other way around.

Still asking for friend

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You mean if she likes my friend.

Just tell her that you have a party in your pants. Trust me I'm a dating genius.
Edit: holy shit autocorrect is amazing f.
Edit2: I mean your friend has the party obviously.

If she finds out then it's creepy but if she doesn't it's romantic? I thought it was the other way around.

Still asking for friend

It's manipulative either way. Nothing is changing that, but everybody does creepy stuff sometimes so I'm not judging you. She might though, especially since she's the one being manipulated.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
It's manipulative either way. Nothing is changing that, but everybody does creepy stuff sometimes so I'm not judging you. She might though, especially since she's the one being manipulated.

You mean my friend. I'LL LET HIM KNOW.

NB: I haven't played the game so I won't comment on the gameplay, but I have watched the Chip & Ironicus LP of it

Watch_Dogs is the epitome of edgelord bullshit

Everyone was awful. Like I can't think of a single person in that game who wasn't just garbage other than like...the kid

And I'm going to spoiler tag this to be kind, even though I think the plot was suuuuper dumb

What the hell was the point of the whole Bedbug part of the plot? Like you save this guy from getting killed by his cousin so you can then blackmail him into working for you by scaring him into thinking...his cousin's going to kill him? Even though that's already true? Anyway yeah you blackmail him into helping you get access into this room because the security is too tight. Which fails. So you just walk in and shoot everyone anyway and oh turns out security wasn't that hard to get past. OH WELL.

Then it just goes on some more convoluted bullshit that I can't actually remember.

Edgy (and derivative insults) have never made sense to me. Maybe it's because I like a lot of "edgy" material?

If you don't like something that's fine, but what is "edgelord bullshit" supposed to even imply?

Jobbs

Banned
^ RNH you are being called out bruh

-

How come "disrobes" means remove clothing, but "robes" doesn't mean put clothes on?

I seek to correct this

Chuckie

^ RNH you are being called out bruh

-

How come "disrobes" means remove clothing, but "robes" doesn't mean put clothes on?

I seek to correct this

It does.

ROBE

v. robed, rob·ing, robes
v.tr.
To cover or dress in a robe or in something that functions like a robe: fields that were robed with snow.
v.intr.
To put on a robe or robes.

Jobbs

Banned

well that's awkward

I guess I'm going to popularize this usage, then

edit: Actually it's not quite the same. Robing seems to specifically suggest you're wearing a robe or a dress or otherwise something robe-like, whereas "disrobe" refers to clothing in general

Full Definition of disrobe
intransitive verb
: to take off one's clothing
transitive verb
: to strip of clothing or covering
Definition of robe
robedrob·ing
transitive verb
: to clothe or cover with or as if with a robe
intransitive verb
: to put on a robe
: dress

Okay, I figured it out. This is the problem with calling someone edgy. At best it means someone else has a different set of social norms. At worst it means you're a pusillanimous vanilla bore.

Set diagram for details:

n00dVUT.png

So you have a circle set of things that are normal to you. Things that are far outside of your normal set you can easily recognize as being abnormal. Then something right on the edge of your norm circle is "edgy", which really says more about you than it does about them. Consider for example how much of what Robert considers edgy in this diagram is smack dab in the middle of my normal.

Okay, I figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom