• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
To play Robert's advocate, I think he may have been referring to the fact that Aiden looks like a douche with his scarf and trenchcoat and all of his handsome "hacking"

Chuckie

It got very edgy in here all of a sudden.

518bzhAiDlL.jpg

Edgy (and derivative insults) have never made sense to me. Maybe it's because I like a lot of "edgy" material?

If you don't like something that's fine, but what is "edgelord bullshit" supposed to even imply?

It's just like...it's coming across like it's trying so hard to be this dark, grim thing where everyone's morally grey and no-one's really good because of cynical "OH MAN THAT'S SO COOL" reasons rather than actually trying to make a point. And I mean I'm perfectly fine with things that are dark and grim, dark and grim can be cool (see: The Wire), it's just when it seems so unnecessarily dark and grim to the point of even just these minor side things (the privacy invasions) are always just overly miserable.

I will admit that maybe I used the wrong phrase and I apologise if I insulted you, that wasn't my intention. I blame it on hanging around SA a bit too much.

Chuckie

Okay, what has been going on in this thread in the time I was gone from it?

Lilith has called out RNH... RNH thinks Aiden is a shitty edgelord. Lilith has used extensive models to show that Robert is wrong about Aiden.
He is currently (probably) making a mixtape to stick it to Lilith.

Jobbs wants to popularize 'Robing' but is being a bit of an edgelord over it according to Fume and me.

Besides that we are hoping for some full out battle between Lilith and Robert. At least I am.

It's just like...it's coming across like it's trying so hard to be this dark, grim thing where everyone's morally grey and no-one's really good because of cynical "OH MAN THAT'S SO COOL" reasons rather than actually trying to make a point. And I mean I'm perfectly fine with things that are dark and grim, dark and grim can be cool (see: The Wire), it's just when it seems so unnecessarily dark and grim to the point of even just these minor side things (the privacy invasions) are always just overly miserable.

I will admit that maybe I used the wrong phrase and I apologise if I insulted you, that wasn't my intention. I blame it on hanging around SA a bit too much.

I'm not insulted. I don't have any real problems so it's hard to insult me. I'm just picking this apart because I don't understand it.

I'm curious if there's something I'm missing. Because I'll happily agree that Watch Dogs never makes a cogent point, but it tells a story I find interesting in a flavor I find palatable. And it seems to me like people call other things edgy when they're trying to put it down, as if it's beneath them, when really it's just outside their scope of interests. And that may or may not actually be beneath them, but I don't think the two should be conflated.

Like anime. I give anime a lot of shit some times, but I don't actually think it's beneath me. I will readily accept that it's outside my interests, palate and social norms. Nobody I know watches anime, so it's this weird internet meme for me. But I don't think people are wrong to like anime, nor would I think they're beneath me, so I'm not going to go around and call weeaboos edgy.

I got called an edgelord because I didn't like a popular game on GAF. Don't ask me which game it was, because my taste clashes with the average GAF member way too much (it was probably Bloodborne or FF6, they're both boring). But that's why I'm the lovable rascal of FakeGAF.

Chuckie

I got called an edgelord because I didn't like a popular game on GAF. Don't ask me which game it was, because my taste clashes with the average GAF member way too much (it was probably Bloodborne or FF6, they're both boring). But that's why I'm the lovable rascal of FakeGAF.

As long as you like Mega Man, you're cool in my book.

.....alls I know is that NINJAHORNETS SUCKS

BEEF4EVER
no ur the wrst
I'm not insulted. I don't have any real problems so it's hard to insult me. I'm just picking this apart because I don't understand it.

I'm curious if there's something I'm missing. Because I'll happily agree that Watch Dogs never makes a cogent point, but it tells a story I find interesting in a flavor I find palatable. And it seems to me like people call other things edgy when they're trying to put it down, as if it's beneath them, when really it's just outside their scope of interests. And that may or may not actually be beneath them, but I don't think the two should be conflated.

Like anime. I give anime a lot of shit some times, but I don't actually think it's beneath me. I will readily accept that it's outside my interests, palate and social norms. Nobody I know watches anime, so it's this weird internet meme for me. But I don't think people are wrong to like anime, nor would I think they're beneath me, so I'm not going to go around and call weeaboos edgy.
Ok cool, I'm always just extremely worried I've accidentally come off as a dick in online conversations :p

I wouldn't say it's beneath me, and certainly wouldn't (seriously) tell someone they shouldn't like something purely because I thought it was bad*. It's more just a load of the design desicions to me seem like these massively cynical marketing decisions trying to cash in on the current popularity of morally grey characters.

*That said the game is kind of ableist in that the antagonist is the only disabled person, and that's basically his entire character - man who is bitter about his disability

marrec

Banned

I got called an edgelord for saying that 1st Gen VR probably won't catch on with the public. ;_;

Kevyt

Who has the most embarrassing recently played artists on Spotify?
AbaYQYS.jpg

Mine aren't that bad, I guess?

Cher :S

Florence and the Machine, Meatloaf, U2, and Cher?

How's that embarrassing?

That's A list right there! Especially Cher!

tumblr_lr8miox2kH1qak78ro1_500.gif

Fantastic music taste too!

Misha

Banned
Looks like one of those deep-fried sweet and savory sandwiches.

The premise sounds good on paper.

my initial thought was a brownie sandwich with chocolate drizzled on top and powdered sugar and then bacon and chocolate ice cream in the middle with a slice of cheese

seems like overkill but my eyes might just be broken

marrec

Banned
my initial thought was a brownie sandwich with chocolate drizzled on top and powdered sugar and then bacon and chocolate ice cream in the middle with a slice of cheese

seems like overkill but my eyes might just be broken

That's a sandwich you share with someone or, if alone, shamefully get a box to gnosh on it in the privacy of your home :lol

Ceallach what kinda sammich is that?

Misha

Banned
It was French toast with bacon, nutella, peanut butter, and marscapone

thats definitely more reasonable than a loaded up ice cream sandwich :p

only problem is now the thing i'm drinking tastes a lot less sweeter than i thought it was cause i'm imagining that :(

Jobbs

Banned
This patient history form wants to know if I'm gay. Not that I mind telling people if I'm gay or straight, but it's odd that a doctor needs to know at the outset.

Is that bacon with what appears to be chocolate?

Ewww...

I don't eat animal products anymore, but I don't think this would necessarily be bad. Something salty and crunchy often goes well with something sweet. Years ago I tried a flavor of Ben & Jerry's that had potato chips in it along with fudge and the other standard ice cream stuff. Was good.

Also -- peanut butter and bacon sandwiches used to be very standard ordinary every day things in american homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom