• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
This patient history form wants to know if I'm gay. Not that I mind telling people if I'm gay or straight, but it's odd that a doctor needs to know at the outset.
he's trying to determine if you're datable

I don't eat animal products anymore, but I don't think this would necessarily be bad. Something salty and crunchy often goes well with something sweet. Years ago I tried a flavor of Ben & Jerry's that had potato chips in it. Was good.

chocolate covered pretzels

Halcyon

Fuck yes.

Also: anything covered in nutella. Cardboard covered in nutella. Let's do it.

No sir

I've filled out a lot of doctor forms in my life and I can't remember if I've ever been asked if I'm gay in one. It's just a bit unusual.

I'm trying to even understand why that could be useful in any way. I'm thinking the form was printed in the 80's and they're indiscriminately asking you if you have AIDS.

Jobbs

Banned
I just imagine how hard homophobes apply the pen pressure on that checkbox and how many exclamation points they put on it just to make extra sure everyone understands their raw manly straightness

who are all these people and what are they doing in my house

when-cats-take-over-the-world-leader.gif

who are all these people and what are they doing in my house

only if em does it.

The door was open already, so I let myself in. *opens a bottle of unsweetened tea, takes a drink.

Good morning, Fakers. Is there a Steam Group for FakeGAF? Do we even have a mod bot thing for like giveaways and shit in this thread? I feel like there should be.

Anywho, it's SUPER TUESDAY! Who wants to get drunk off their assessment while watching primary results!?!?

Jobbs

Banned
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

it's a party... a party on windam's face! Last one on windam's face is a rotten egg!

Anywho, it's SUPER TUESDAY! Who wants to get drunk off their assessment while watching primary results!?!?

I'm a habitual politic nerd even though I fucking hate it.. So.. Me...

It's not even goign to be very exciting. Trump's going to have a pretty clean sweep, Ted Cruz will probably hold Texas, which is actually good for Trump because if Ted lost Texas he'd have no more justification to stay in the race, and Trump needs to keep his opposition from solidifying into one person.

Hillary will also win the day and Bernie will effectively be finished

Jobbs

Banned
i'm voting for Romney

In 2012 I thought Romney was kind of a weak kneed convictionless douche bot. That douchebot looks pretty fucking hot against the current GOP crop though. The only republican that doesn't make my skin crawl is John Kasich. I don't know how anyone intelligent isn't ashamed to associate themselves with the republican party considering what's going on right now -- the circus that's going on right now. Last I checked they were calling eachother's dicks small.

it's a party... a party on windam's face! Last one on windam's face is a rotten egg!

I'm a habitual politic nerd even though I fucking hate it.. So.. Me...

It's not even goign to be very exciting. Trump's going to have a pretty clean sweep, Ted Cruz will probably hold Texas, which is actually good for Trump because if Ted lost Texas he'd have no more justification to stay in the race, and Trump needs to keep his opposition from solidifying into one person.

Hillary will also win the day and Bernie will effectively be finished
I'm still holding out hope that Sanders can bring it, as unlikely as it seems :c

Halcyon

In 2012 I thought Romney was kind of a weak kneed convictionless douche bot. That douchebot looks pretty fucking hot against the current GOP crop though. The only republican that doesn't make my skin crawl is John Kasich. I don't know how anyone intelligent isn't ashamed to associate themselves with the republican party considering what's going on right now -- the circus that's going on right now. Last I checked they were calling eachother's dicks small.

Yea i feel fairly lost this election cycle. I've got a full plate of stress though so I'm not really thinking about it all.

marrec

Banned
I'm still holding out hope that Sanders can bring it, as unlikely as it seems :c

Eh, he's done his job, he pulled Hillary to the left and widened the overton window. I'd like it if he stayed vocal about the ideas he's pushing, but he wasn't very vocal before his Presidential run so I doubt he'll keep on the activist trail after this.

Jobbs

Banned
Yea i feel fairly lost this election cycle. I've got a full plate of stress though so I'm not really thinking about it all.

I'll just say my piece real quick about parties...

If you came to me and said "I am for a government that spends less money and taxes less" or whatever -- The fiscal argument. I'm open to having that argument. Maybe I could be swayed one way or another.

But the republican platform is full of shit I can never, ever, ever sign on with or support in any way. It's full of non starters. I can't support a candidate who is against gay rights, or who is for supreme court justices who would repeal the voting rights act. I can't support a party whose candidates race bait and in the case of Trump say openly racist things. I can't do it. I'll never be able to do it.

So each cycle I only have one choice. I don't feel like I have a choice.

Kevyt

This patient history form wants to know if I'm gay. Not that I mind telling people if I'm gay or straight, but it's odd that a doctor needs to know at the outset

I don't eat animal products anymore, but I don't think this would necessarily be bad. Something salty and crunchy often goes well with something sweet. Years ago I tried a flavor of Ben & Jerry's that had potato chips in it along with fudge and the other standard ice cream stuff. Was good.

Also -- peanut butter and bacon sandwiches used to be very standard ordinary every day things in american homes.

You're very right. Who am I to judge.

I eat peanut butter with spinach... lol

Halcyon

I'll just say my piece real quick about parties...

If you came to me and said "I am for a government that spends less money and taxes less" or whatever -- The fiscal argument. I'm open to having that argument. Maybe I could be swayed one way or another.

But the republican platform is full of shit I can never, ever, ever sign on with or support in any way. It's full of non starters. I can't support a candidate who is against gay rights, or who is for supreme court justices who would repeal the voting rights act. I can't support a party whose candidates race bait and in the case of Trump say openly racist things. I can't do it. I'll never be able to do it.

So each cycle I only have one choice. I don't feel like I have a choice.

That is what I think is kinda shitty. It's like so then there's ONLY one way to run the country? Because the one ideology is seen as just racist/bigot/homophone etc then everything about the ideology has to be scrapped.

It's like saying "I think the best way to win the super bowl is with a strong defense" but since the coach hates transgenders, then his ideology on footbal is flawed or thrown out, but his football strategy is perfectly valid.

It's frustrating because I do have political beliefs that aren't way left, but I don't have any interest in the current republican party, but I very distinctly disagree with stuff I'm hearing out of the left.

/shrug

Jobbs

Banned
If I ate meat I'd try this.

Peanut butter, bacon, and bananas. In the above case it's with chocolate swirl bread. I bet it's good.

I can accept that things won't be perfect or that a candidate won't agree with me on 100% of everything -- because they never have. But being against science -- Being against womens' rights, not believing in evolution, being against gay rights -- It's something I can't associate with. I wouldn't socialize with someone who was a racist or a homophobe or consciously appealed to those people, why would I vote for them?

marrec

Banned
It's definitely hard to take the current Republican party seriously when their main platform seems to be abhorrent social policies and anti-anything Obama rather than fiscal or foreign policies.

That's why I kinda don't mind Paul Ryan. He'll be just as anti-social as any republican if pressed, to be sure, but he mostly seems to be a proper fiscal nerd who has these ideas because he truly believes their best for the country, not because he wants to pander to a base of voters who've been carefully curated over the last 50 years.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Peanut butter is good with pretty much anything. I've even had peanut butter beer that was great.

Jobbs

Banned
It's definitely hard to take the current Republican party seriously when their main platform seems to be abhorrent social policies and anti-anything Obama rather than fiscal or foreign policies.

That's why I kinda don't mind Paul Ryan. He'll be just as anti-social as any republican if pressed, to be sure, but he mostly seems to be a proper fiscal nerd who has these ideas because he truly believes their best for the country, not because he wants to pander to a base of voters who've been carefully curated over the last 50 years.

I think the party needs to splinter and we'll end up with democrats, conservatives, and a third party for all the weirdos. Because we don't have a TPFW right now, a lot of "ordinary educated adult who doesn't care if you're gay or not and doesn't define themselves by bibles and guns" type republicans (which I suspect describes halycon) sorta feel like they have no home.

Misha

Banned
your analogy isn't quite right. its more like a principal who tell teachers not to spend extra time on kids that need more help. or in the more extreme cases of people like huckabee and cruz its more like suspending them for getting a bad grade and refusing to give them the material during the time they're away.
with the football coach its fairly irrelevant to his job, but with this its part of their job and they're directly affecting those groups of people
I don't have a problem with people who don't consider those issues to be important and don't push anything to help those issues but when you get people like huckabee and cruz(the extreme examples) actively trying to make certain people's lives worse(or stay the same amount of bad), its no good

and of course applied to a candidate by candidate level so yeah I have voted for conservative candidates before and some i had thought did fine and others i very much regret (not specifically for their social policies btw)

My primary pet cause is nationalized healthcare and I genuinely don't imagine Hillary would ever implementing this in the current political climate.

I do see Hillary implementing some kind of gun control, like background checks for people who buy guns at gunshows. But that's probably about all she'll do for gun control.

I think Hillary said something about funding more studies on autstic adults but I kinda brushed it off as being pandery

I would hope Hillary curtail the NSA but I doubt it

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Something needs to happen about guns here. It's comically bad.
It just turned March, yet there's already been 53 mass shootings. smh. The 2nd amendment right to bear arms argument can shove it at this point.

marrec

Banned
Politics right!

I'm going to do my best to ignore Super Tuesday until the results are in, Shanghai Major is still going on after all.

Something needs to happen about guns here. It's comically bad.

It just turned March, yet there's already been 53 mass shootings. smh. The 2nd amendment right to bear arms argument can shove it at this point.

I made a judgement call long ago: if you pay membership fees for the NRA, you are as tainted as the NRA lobbyist that fuck up Washington. No if and or buts, no one associated with the NRA is innocent. Every one from the top down are tainted. I would want the NRA to be considered a terrorist organization and have any politician with ties with the NRA to be arrested and detained for ties to terrorism.

But it will never happen because the GOP fucked this country really fucking hard on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom