• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
They're going to test me for HIV
eyebrows.gif
eyebrows.gif
eyebrows.gif

FloatOn

so

I'm getting cross-trained on the safety coordinator job here

I just did my first building inspection

that was some tedious shit man

Misha

Banned
so

I'm getting cross-trained on the safety coordinator job here

I just did my first building inspection

that was some tedious shit man

I had to do a bunch of stuff with lockout/tagout before. I wouldn't recommend leaving it to a 17 year old on summer break. too much about the machines to know...

FloatOn

I had to do a bunch of stuff with lockout/tagout before. I wouldn't recommend leaving it to a 17 year old on summer break. too much about the machines to know...

funny thing. I'm the quality coordinator here so I get involved in developing/writing procedures and just yesterday I wrote the revision for the lockout/tagout procedure here.

Misha

Banned
funny thing. I'm the quality coordinator here so I get involved in developing/writing procedures and just yesterday I wrote the revision for the lockout/tagout procedure here.
imagine your company handing your job's dutys to a kid :p
my sister got to write the MSDS stuff
Yea, LO/TO is tedious and boring but it's saved my bacon a few times.
oh i can imagine. i just worry that I completely missed things and someone would get hurt. tbh though i don't think they actually follow the stuff and just wanted them up just in case OSHA showed up
Tagouts like safety tags and such?
thats the general idea.
basically its general safety procedure related to all moving parts with things that use energy or apply pressure
lockout-tagout.jpg

its for things like maintenance and when the stuff isn't in use. you shut it down and apply locks that multiple people hold the key to to make sure no one accidentally gets hurt

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I wouldn't mind being a technical writer. Many manuals are written out in technical jargon that causes lower level employees to shirk the rules.

LO/TO is serious bidness.

FloatOn

Misha nailed it

I wouldn't mind being a technical writer. Many manuals are written out in technical jargon that causes lower level employees to shirk the rules.

yeah it's satisfying to know that the stuff you write is held as some kind of rule to follow. and when revisions are written that actually make the life of the employee easier/better it feels pretty good.

the awkward part of my job is assigning audits for upper management to conduct or doing them myself and reporting unfavorable results. I'm kind of the constant bearer of bad news.

marrec

Banned
oh i can imagine. i just worry that I completely missed things and someone would get hurt. tbh though i don't think they actually follow the stuff and just wanted them up just in case OSHA showed up

How long had you been on the job? Did you have LO/TO training before hand? I can imagine that would be very tense.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Being a technical writer would be my personal "dream job" (while I work on stuff I like from the sidelines, that's it). Shit comes out naturally and only forces you to use the right amount of neurones not to faceplant on your keyboard.

Has he been inside you yet.

pgTM9bP.jpg

Misha

Banned

I just realized I'm working on manuals now and did that stuff then. its like they want me to be a technical writer
How long had you been on the job? Did you have LO/TO training before hand? I can imagine that would be very tense.

before that I was sweeping the floors and washing cars. Only training I got was instruction videos. they said look up the stuff on the internet and try to replicate those

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The business I work for sells these printers that are specifically bought by businesses just to meet compliance standards on metal drums.

I wanna be the person to make the compliance standards for metal drums.

"Must be in the shape of a drum and made of metal."

marrec

Banned
I wanna be the person to make the compliance standards for metal drums.

"Must be in the shape of a drum and made of metal."

*accepts 20,000 dollar contract from paint company*

Also it must have this very specific type of paint that only one company happens to make oops

Halcyon

Also it must have this very specific type of paint that only one company happens to make oops

that's not that far off. The label that's affixed to the drums has to be 4 color, and the only printer that meets the needs to print this type of label is like a $13,000 printer. "I'll take 5" says company A because company A is about to get fined $200,000 unless they make the little hazard symbol blue.

Granadier

Damn, I need to leave the freelance business and get into the extortion business.

what's for lunch fakerz?

I just ate four eggs with cheese and siracha with some coffee.

marrec

Banned
Damn, I need to leave the freelance business and get into the extortion business.

ISO and M1000 and (to a certain extent) UL are all extortion businesses. Once I get a bit older I'm going to open an audit consultation office and really rake in the cash.

Halcyon

I had some soup and a yogurt. I'm watching Pewdiepie play Layers of Fear on my tablet at my desk like any 34 year old man would.

FloatOn

I had some soup and a yogurt. I'm watching Pewdiepie play Layers of Fear on my tablet at my desk like any 34 year old man would.

isn't that the most annoying youtube personality ever?

actually asking because this is what I've heard and I haven't actually seen any of his stuff

Halcyon

My 10 year old niece loves pdp

I am hip.

I was subscribed to him when he was under 1 million subs. I was forwarded to him from watching UberHaxorNova and TobyGames playing Happy Wheels. I was just going through my ex having an affair and all I could do was lay on my grandmother's couch in the basement curled up with my Droid Razr watching youtube videos. It got me through some tough times.

Watching him play this horror game just proves that all of his screaming at the top of his lungs in his early videos was a gimmick to get views. He doesn't really do it anymore.

marrec

Banned
Pewdiepie is fine, he affects a personality for the camera that isn't impossible to watch and he's not a dick off camera.

I got no hate for that dude, some other YouTube let's players though are garbage human beings though that are basically impossible to watch if you're over 9 y/o.

Granadier

RoosterTeeth has/had some good Let's Plays. Gavin, Geoff, Michael, and Ray(rip) always had good banter.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't hate PDP. After I beat alien isolation I wasn't ready to let go so I put on pdps play through and watched it all

Halcyon

I watch all sorts of LP's and channels.

I don't have a console or a computer so I get most of my videogame fix via youtube.

Misha

Banned
RoosterTeeth has/had some good Let's Plays. Gavin, Geoff, Michael, and Ray(rip) always had good banter.

I got annoyed with them when I started to watch their podcasts on games and stuff. man do they have very narrow taste
Man y'all need to watch a better class of LPs

Chip & Ironicus are the best, start there

yeah, most of the better ones tend to come from something awful. I like protonjon for his informational tone in his lets plays (if they ever get finished...)

Jobbs

Banned
They kicked black kids out of a Trump event at the university of whatever in Georgia just because they were sitting there + black

FloatOn

I just had a turkey sandwich o a ciabatta roll and a a green apple. was good.

anyway, the thought of watching someone else play a video game is completely stupid to me.

why would I do that when I can play the game myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom