• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
re. gamer side

god deliver me from these fucking *****s

now this

People are way too on edge in those threads. Definitely something you should lurk for awhile first. Since gamergate points are repeated by juniors ad nauseam any vaguely similar comments are immediately jumped on

Jobbs

Banned
Are some Neogaffers just fucking ***** *****s or are they deliberately obtuse and obnoxious because they thrive on being *****s?

What was incorrect or insensitive about the actual content of what I said?

Misha

Banned
Are some Neogaffers just fucking ***** *****s or are they deliberately obtuse and obnoxious because they thrive on being *****s?

What was incorrect or insensitive about the actual content of what I said?

Nothing in actuality. The gamer gate talking point is pointing out that they benefitted from it and have no room to complain and are "professional victims"
Its tangentially related enough that they're projecting their expectations onto your posts
A little of both, I suspect. Which thread?

Gamer gate thread

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im staying mostly away from those controversial threads. The discussions happening on certain threads are not worth engaging considering what people do there.

FUME5

Shit, GG is harassing Alison Rapp? I remember her from 1Up way back when.

Glad to hear she made it into the industry, not glad to hear that means she gets targeted by these sad little cunts.

Misha

Banned
Im staying mostly away from those controversial threads. The discussions happening on certain threads are not worth engaging considering what people do there.

I avoid posting in them because I'm afraid of what happened to jobbs would happen to me (or worse id get banned before I could explain myself)
I do tend to agree with the general consensus though. Not exactly hard when the subject is gamer gate and anyone supporting them inevitably gets banned. But They really need to back off from being attack dogs

Vazra

Yeah, I stay the hell away from anything like that.

It's frustrating because there are smart conversations to be had there but it turns into a circus and people twist or simply ignore what might be interesting to discuss to stir shit. Not worth it and not worth getting banned over toxic people.

jb1234

It's frustrating because there are smart conversations to be had there but it turns into a circus and people twist or simply ignore what might be interesting to discuss to stir shit. Not worth it and not worth getting banned over toxic people.

Yup. And it's perhaps not surprising that once Jobbs clarified his points, people found there was nothing to jump at and now he's being ignored.

Jobbs

Banned
Basically I said something to the effect of -- If this story blows up, I have a suspicion that Alison will actually come out ahead. I've watched her leverage the harassment she receives to garner support -- Which is admirable. That's what I'd do. That may be the only small catharsis you can get in that situation.

So -- I want her to come out ahead. I want the dweebs harassing people to be floated. Sucked into the vacuum of space.

But I'm not able to make that simple point without hyper reactionary *****s posting one word responses like "ew" -- Because subtlety or even reading and comprehending before replying are not luxuries we're afforded in very many threads.

I like to think I saved the day there :')

My hero :')

Vazra

well, I lost my old avatar. Guess it's fake pic forever now.

4cc9f8d6d6.png
682a7df292.png

MutFox

Banned
WTF, I don't check the thread for a few days and it explodes with posts?

Anyways, for some reason I can't stop watching this video:
https://vimeo.com/46927209
It's a Nicki Minaj song but a fan video.
Not a big fan of Nicki myself, but with that video it goes pretty well... :p

But I'm not able to make that simple point without hyper reactionary *****s posting one word responses like "ew" -- Because subtlety or even reading and comprehending before replying are not luxuries we're afforded in very many threads

Yup. A lot of people here don't even bother reading any more and then they try to make you look like the dumb one, and it can be pretty irritating.
I still post and lurk here occasionally because I do think it has it good moments, but since this past summer I don't really consider this my main board anymore. Can usually only visit for maybe two days in a row till people start driving me crazy with how they are not even following a conversation and then I stay away for a couple of weeks

Jobbs

Banned
Yup. A lot of people here don't even bother reading any more and then they try to make you look like the dumb one, and it can be pretty irritating.
I still post and lurk here occasionally because I do think it has it good moments, but since this past summer I don't really consider this my main board anymore. Can usually only visit for maybe two days in a row till people start driving me crazy with how they are not even following a conversation and then I stay away for a couple of weeks

What'd you say about my mom? Fucking gross post

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I like to find small community threads like this where I can go to avoid all of the bullshit of GAF.

Every once in awhile I get sucked into that void though and make an ass of myself.

Misha

Banned
I like to find small community threads like this where I can go to avoid all of the bullshit of GAF.

Every once in awhile I get sucked into that void though and make an ass of myself.

I do too but normally they're too slow. Apparently we fixed that?

Only fast one that I lurked was the lgbt thread but I really didn't feel like I could relate/fit in. Oh and I guess a couple sports threads but I have no interest in talking sports, its just a faster place for updates than figuring out the league's sites or twitter

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well I wasn't in FakeGAF last year so I'll claim responsibility for this thread's new life.

---

Lil is digging deep in the post history for those nuggets.

giphy.gif

ugh. I was watching some Dark Souls III videos because of all the hype when I noticed they're doing something pretty similar to something I'm doing. Not really but kind of.

(super minor Dark Souls III character creation spoiler)
http://i.imgur.com/GYwt8Nm.jpg

They have a race of pale humanoids with ties to ancient deities, which also could perfectly describe something in the game I'm working on. Mine are called Lthillian people and in DS3 they're called Irithyllian.

It's just a little too close for comfort (ensuing DS fans clamoring that I copied FromSoft), but I don't want to change my designs or names. Hmm. Hmmmmm.

FUME5

ugh. I was watching some Dark Souls III videos because of all the hype when I noticed they're doing something pretty similar to something I'm doing. Not really but kind of.

They have a race of pale humanoids with ties to ancient deities, which also could perfectly describe something in the game I'm working on. Mine are called Lthillian people and in DS3 they're called Irithyllian.

It's just a little too close for comfort (ensuing DS fans clamoring that I copied FromSoft), but I don't want to change my designs or names. Hmm. Hmmmmm.

Capitalize the second letter instead of the first, problem solved. Or Lhthillian.

Capitalize the second letter instead of the first, problem solved. Or Lhthillian.

I mean the goal was to make it an anagram of my name because I'm conceited like that, but Lilliputians was already taken. :p

edit: oh huh Gulliver's Travels is actually public domain. Hmm. Hmmmm. That might be a fun reference to make.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Dammit, that shit sucks. I'd change the name, it is way too close to getting hit with legal trouble if anyone wants.

EDIT: I personally would make the Gulliver's Travels move.

FUME5

I mean the goal was to make it an anagram of my name because I'm conceited like that, but Lilliputians was already taken. :p

edit: oh huh Gulliver's Travels is actually public domain. Hmm. Hmmmm. That might be a fun reference to make.

That had not escaped my notice. I say stick with what you had, the overlap for 'fantasy' names is huge, I'm sure some '70s sci fi novel has a race of creatures called Irithyllians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom