• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n0dl2vmQEw1sspy8go1_500.jpg

Septum and ear piercings are hot af.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I find nose piercings in general extremely unattractive

I believe a woman should be able to wear whatever she wants, even if it's a suit she made by kiddnapping chubby women and holding them in a basement until their skin becomes less tight so she can cut pieces of their skin off and sew them together. Because i'm a feminist.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I think piercings and tattoos are generally, for the most part, sexy

I have a big thing for piercings and tattoos. Personally I don't have any (yet) though. It's one of the reasons I was all about that crazy lady from a few pages back.

Jobbs

Banned
Septum and ear piercings are hot af.

yep! when I was younger I thought septum piercings were a bit strange, but at this point I can see the beauty of it.

the only thing I think I'll never be into are ear gauges.

And I say all this having no piercings or tattoos of my own. I'm not against it, I even like the idea of it, I can just never decide.

you're missing the very obvious thing here: it adds height. obviously not the entire reason for them but shorter women seem to be more willing to wear them

Is it common for short girls to be insecure about it? I've never found shortness in girls to be unattractive, personally. I didn't know that was a big deal. Seems more common/logical for guys to worry about it.

so uh, that girl I like just rapid fire invited me to two fb events just now. it's not even 10:30am and she's apparently thinking about me.

ask. her. out.

FYI I clapped my hands after typing each period.

I don't see the big fuss about heels on women. Girls don't need to get all femmed up for me.
I make/made my wife wear heels because her legs look insane with them on.

My partner is a nerdy tomboy and I love it. ... but then I got to see her in heels and it became very hard to concentrate. More than normal, I mean.

its only bad when you expect them to wear them for your sake (unless you're in a relationship then its usually okay)

Still feels like asking her to bind her feet. So I just look forward to the few times a year social convention dictates she wear them. Only good thing about weddings, really.

Typical

Everyone at work asks me to do stuff for them or help them

As soon as I need other people for help no-one is available

ARGH

Also I dunno why but girls in dood shape tshirts are rad

Misha

Banned
Is it common for short girls to be insecure about it? I've never found shortness in girls to be unattractive, personally. I didn't know that was a big deal. Seems more common/logical for guys to worry about it.
its not really the same thing as with guys. its generally more of an aesthetic thing. being seen next to taller friends or a significantly taller boyfriend they might want to close the gap a bit

but there are some cases where it comes into play since taller girls are favored in things like modeling

tbf I can't exactly relate and a lot of my friends were taller so I'm more putting things together based on what other people have told me
Still feels like asking her to bind her feet. So I just look forward to the few times a year social convention dictates she wear them. Only good thing about weddings, really.

Its worth mentioning it to her that you like it imo. more as a compliment than anything (assuming you haven't already)

FloatOn

ask. her. out.

FYI I clapped my hands after typing each period.

unfortunently, I think the next time I get to see her is on march 12 when I go to see her band play

I shall have an update then. Hopefully her social media tendencies regarding me is a reflection of how she feels irl

it's complicated because we interact irregularly since we are both extremely busy. I work and go to school full time. And she works and has all this band stuff going on.

IF this actually works out we will probably end up being a weekend power couple or something

Granadier

Why don't you just ask her to drinks or coffee through Facebook. Like a bandaid, get it over quick one way or the other.

FloatOn

Why don't you just ask her to drinks or coffee through Facebook. Like a bandaid, get it over quick one way or the other.

that's an idea and I did consider sending her a message spelling eveything out

I let a mutual friend read the message and he was like "you most certainly have a chance but I think she would respect and respond much more to a conversation irl or even over the phone"

so I'm waiting on when I will actually see her next.

I've known her for 10 years so it's a bit more involved than just being like "hey let's get drinks"

edit - or I'm just making it more complicated than it needs to be. fuck if I know. I've only been single for a year now and the dating game is still mysterious to me.

Granadier

Give her a call then, or a text. I just know that you realized your feelings for her, and your intention to ask her out, weeks ago. Dragging it out doesn't help.

Jobbs

Banned
Peoples eyeballs are all about the same size, right? If someone appears to have large eyes, it's really just the rest of their face is smaller.

Right?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
A quality woman doesn't do that. She doesn't say "Yes" right away. She says "No" to a man. For years. Like 10 years! That's what a real woman does!

Misha

Banned
Peoples eyeballs are all about the same size, right? If someone appears to have large eyes, it's really just the rest of their face is smaller.

Right?

large eyes has a lot to do with expression. my normal expression makes me look like I have small eyes but if i'm more engaged my eyes look slightly bigger than average. also makeup can contribute

so theres a few variables at least

marrec

Banned
A quality woman doesn't do that. She doesn't say "Yes" right away. She says "No" to a man. For years. Like 10 years! That's what a real woman does!

If only I stalk her harder with zany 80s romantic comedy antics surely I'll prove my worth.

Right?

I'm going to say no?

Jobbs

Banned
large eyes has a lot to do with expression. my normal expression makes me look like I have small eyes but if i'm more engaged my eyes look slightly bigger than average. also makeup can contribute

so theres a few variables at least

I know makeup makes eyes appear larger. I see through that though. I'm talking actual eyeball to face reality.

I'm going to say no?

I'm really thinking yes.

TAKE IT, ITS YOURS

I remember this movie getting shitty reviews, but I LOVE it. Sure it has dumb shit in it that makes no sense, but I just love it. It's so entertaining.

And I'm 10000% in love with Rose Byrne

Misha

Banned
I know makeup makes eyes appear larger. I see through that though. I'm talking actual eyeball to face reality.

I'm really thinking yes.

well my point was you aren't going to actually get a chance to compare the eyeball to the head so its more about how it appears than necessarily how it actually is. but yes that is a factor, smaller people's eyes tend to look bigger

Jobbs

Banned
well my point was you aren't going to actually get a chance to compare the eyeball to the head so its more about how it appears than necessarily how it actually is. but yes that is a factor, smaller people's eyes tend to look bigger

Little kids appear to have large eyes because their faces are tiny. Their eyes aren't larger than those of adults.

That logic extends to ALL appearances of large eyes.

Granadier

Ugh job is 10-15k off what I'm looking for but the company seems great and there is plenty of room to grow...

Do you think there is wiggle room to negotiate? How much leverage do you have? What kind of benefits does it include?

Halcyon

I remember this movie getting shitty reviews, but I LOVE it. Sure it has dumb shit in it that makes no sense, but I just love it. It's so entertaining.

And I'm 10000% in love with Rose Byrne

My and my old roommate/best friend were super into the God of War games and loved Troy when they came out. So much so that we decorated our apartment with greek stuff. Greek pictures, greek columns, greek busts, a very large print of a greek god laying on his side above the couch.

What we didn't realize at the time was what "going greek" meant and everyone thought we were gay when they came over to visit.

Misha

Banned
Ugh job is 10-15k off what I'm looking for but the company seems great and there is plenty of room to grow...
would it be possible to negotiate the salary? I'm not exactly sure how that works tbh but thats often something you could try for with a bit of leverage
Little kids appear to have large eyes because their faces are tiny. Their eyes aren't larger than those of adults.

their eyes are actually smaller. eyes stop growing at age 13

but not ALL. you can have bigger looking eyes with a larger face if more of your eye is exposed than people tend to with smaller faces

Its worth mentioning it to her that you like it imo. more as a compliment than anything (assuming you haven't already)

Oh, she knows. This is not a new relationship, though the heel thing is only about five years old. She also knows about my love of tattoos, piercings, dyed hair and clothes she thinks are trashy. She says she may dye her hair once she gives up on pulling out the grey ones but otherwise I'm shit outta luck.

marrec

Banned

The eyeball itself is probably incredibly consistent in size across humanity, but the eye socket/lid/bridge of the nose all will affect how large the eye actually appears, I think.

So it depends on if you're asking "is everyone's eyeball the same size" or "does everyone's eye structure have the same basic size"?

AcridMeat

Banned
i like this. reminds me of Quake soundtrack, obviously https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8_f8iF2T0g
Trent Reznor \o/
I haven't been to Raising Cane's or Chik Fil A yet on Harbor. I went to In N Out once and I hated it because I waited 25 minutes for a shitty burger.
25 minutes is on the long end, but I've definitely experienced that before. At the time I was still eating other shittier fast food so it was like a godsend.

Chick Fil A lives up to the hype, shitty politics be damned.
The male equivalent of high heels. Specially with slim fit shirts.
True, but I like wearing slim fit shirts. It feels like I'm being hugged/held for once.

;~~~~~~~;

Granadier

Holy shit the red panda is migrating. It infected The Division thread, and now it's spreading.

Do you think there is wiggle room to negotiate? How much leverage do you have? What kind of benefits does it include?

not too much leverage but I do know my skillset is useful to help grow their company so I can try and use that.

would it be possible to negotiate the salary? I'm not exactly sure how that works tbh but thats often something you could try for with a bit of leverage

I'm definitely going to try. I may have overplayed my hand by giving my max salary but at least I got it out of them before I said mine...

That said they weren't 100% certain on the salary yet so i'm hoping I can at least bump it up another 5k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom