• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to imagine some fancy furniture store having a whole fuck section now.

"excuse me, where do you keep the fuck drawers?" -"right over there, in the fuck section, Sir."

I should write movies and stuff.

Misha

Banned
The problem is I only use upper case or special characters if forced, and most services don't force that... So when I go sign into something I don't frequently sign into, if I can't figure out my password it's often because I don't remember that an uppercase is required. If they require an uppercase they should state it at the login page to remind you.
I have about 15 versions of 3 different passwords and I can vaguely guess every time. maybe i almost get locked out of my account, oh well. I'll be safe till the next time my cookies are reset
Correct, it is straight forward. But those restrictions don't inherently make a password more secure. They usually make it less secure since users have to think up some stupid password that contains all of those stipulations.
Whereas a randomly generated one from Keychain or 1password is secure for millions of years, but doesn't conform.

I just have it out for arbitrary stipulations on passwords.
pfft like i would let third party software hold all my passwords
i'm just too lazy

Jobbs

Banned
When you own a house you really want to be certain of who sees any particular act since there's a barrier to leaving.

Screen-Shot-2013-11-06-at-7.57.23-PM.png

I should write movies and stuff.

I'll produce it!

Putting a limit on how long a password can be is either extremely naive or betrays a flaw in the hashing algorithm, which is almost as bad. Most passwords that I use are full sentences. I think my neogaf pass is 45 characters long!

Also Floatsie I'm totally rooting for you, but you have to believe in yourself and put yourself out there or you're never going to get anywhere. Guys who lack confidence are super unattractive.

FloatOn

Also Floatsie I'm totally rooting for you, but you have to believe in yourself and put yourself out there or you're never going to get anywhere. Guys who lack confidence are super unattractive.

with every OTHER girl I'm extremely confident as I don't really care if I get shot down or not.

with her not so much as she is now a minor-celebrity around here with her band and her social circle is about x34343489008324 larger than mine. it's intimidating but I will get over it. plus actually caring about what she thinks gives me nerves.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You gotta act like you don't care if she shoots you down. No matter what's inside, it comes off as super unattractive if you act like your life hinges on her decision.

Halcyon

with every OTHER girl I'm extremely confident as I don't really care if I get shot down or not.

with her not so much as she is now a minor-celebrity around here with her band and her social circle is about x34343489008324 larger than mine. it's intimidating but I will get over it. plus actually caring about what she thinks gives me nerves.

I haven't been paying attention. Has this woman expressed any interest in you previously.

FloatOn

I haven't been paying attention. Has this woman expressed any interest in you previously.

prior to me marrying my now ex-wife I would say that we used to put each other in the friendzone.

I was an idiot and compromised and basically tricked myself into marrying my ex. that eventually fell apart after seven years.

during that time we didn't comunicate as my wife was crazy jealous. it's only been the past couple of years that I have mended the friendship with the girl in question.

I see her periodically but as I've said we both have very busy schedules.

recently however she's been inviting me to events and such so I've been more vocal about making a move.

Halcyon

prior to me marrying my now ex-wife I would say that we used to put each other in the friendzone.

I was an idiot and compromised and basically tricked myself into marrying my ex. that eventually fell apart after seven years.

during that time we didn't comunicate as my wife was crazy jealous. it's only been the past couple of years that we have mended the friendship

I see her periodically but as I've said we both have very busy schedules.

recently however she's been inviting me to events and such so I've been more vocal about making a move.

Do you even know if she's currently single?

Halcyon

I'm pretty sure

however she is very social with lots of dudes so I don't know what's going on there.

So is your plan to go to one of her gigs, then when she's having some off-stage mingling time, say "hey I wanted to know if you want to exchange bodily fluids sometime"?

Because I love this plan.

FloatOn

So is your plan to go to one of her gigs, then when she's having some off-stage mingling time, say "hey I wanted to know if you want to exchange bodily fluids sometime"?

Basically.

The last time I saw her play she came up to me and was like "when I saw you in the crowd I started singing badly"

She later came up to me and offered me the rest of the beer she was drinking...

So idk maybe I have a shot

Halcyon

Basically.

The last time I saw her play she came up to me and was like "when I saw you in the crowd I started singing badly"

She later came up to me and offered me the rest of the beer she was drinking...

So idk maybe I have a shot

Well she has a familiarity at least. I think my only advice for this would be if you do make any attempt at this, make it clear that it's not a friendly request. Say the words "date" when you ask her, because she might think you just want to be friends still.

Also if you can, bang her in the bathroom at the gig then take over as lead singer in the band because it would be the ultimate sign of chivalry.

Granadier

Hal has a wife. You should trust him.

Granadier

Bang them both and then have them fight to the death over which one gets to enjoy your naked body.

FloatOn

I basically plan on telling her that for as long as I've known her that I've oscillated between wanting to be better friends with her and date her. Also that she's amazing and that I think we would be really good together.

Jobbs

Banned
I basically plan on telling her that for as long as I've known her that I've oscillated between wanting to be better friends with her and date her. Also that she's amazing and that I think we would be really good together.

Doesn't that put a lot of pressure on it?

Just ask her out

FUME5

Ask her if you can interest her in a sex guitar you inherited from your cop uncle, Jacob Fuck, who was recently fucked dead by his nemesis just days before retirement.

Those are the most annoying and amazing nuts ever.

Those are the words I want to hear when I teabag someone.

Can someone find me someone who I can ask out with 100% certainty that they'd say yeah and be just generally rad?

No. I waited way too long on asking people out because of this, and when I did it was awkward as fuck. But it worked out.

Alternately, find someone horny who doesn't give a fuck about societal expectations of women and jams her tongue down your throat at a bar.

Worked too. Hard to plan for though.

Hal has a wife. You should trust him.

I am biased towards this belief but it may be a long time since he (/me) was single.

Those are the most annoying and amazing nuts ever.

Besides
nah, can't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom