• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
you made it! can't wait for that stage in my life! although I would like to add "come home to my three cats and sexually insatiable manboydude, watch ALIEN and play video games.." but I like the rest!
I'm single ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
jk

It'll happen to you eventually :)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
hm I guess that's true. although primarily I'm just studying towards ending my studies right now lol. I'm so fed up with it.
what do you wanna study? just do it!

This is where I'm at in life too. I have a job waiting for me that doesn't care if I get the degree or not. But the idea of not having a degree is preventing me from just bailing outright. Although every day I lean further that way.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Degree > No degree

Unless it's a humanities degree. Then you better be prepared to go to grad school.

At least you're studying towards something. I just work work work. I need to motivate myself to go back to school. Or maybe I should quit, go back to school and do some sidework as a secretary

Does Bernie promise free grad school?

Germany has free college even for international students.

Downsides: Courses would be in German unless it's an international course and you'd need money for rent, food, etc.

Jobbs

Banned
Degree > No degree

Unless it's a humanities degree. Then you better be prepared to go to grad school.

If you want a job doing something very art focused, especially something like concept artist -- Most jobs don't give a single orbital shit if you have a degree or not. ALL they care about is the portfolio and what you can do. Art school is largely BS anyway

SolVanderlyn

If you want a job doing something very art focused, especially something like concept artist -- Most jobs don't give a single orbital shit if you have a degree or not. ALL they care about is the portfolio and what you can do. Art school is largely BS anyway
Yeah, that's what I mean. A humanities degree is basically an entry slip into grad school, unless you get lucky and end up in a job as a journalist for a prestigious magazine/journal/whatever or a creative, well paying job. I feel like that's as likely as winning the lottery, but I guess some people do end up getting those jobs...

Misha

Banned

Programming/IT give you the option of either pretty much

Jobbs

Banned
Damn, that's nuts. I bet those international courses have a huge waiting list.

I read about this the other day, it's unfortunate I am afraid to leave home and am too busy with other stuff anyway. I even speak a little german + wish to learn more so it'd be a good experience

Imagine a country caring about investing in its people so much it even invests in other peoples people

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Should I trim?
e647bd2297.png
I just wanted to show my hairy legs tbh

This is where I'm at in life too. I have a job waiting for me that doesn't care if I get the degree or not. But the idea of not having a degree is preventing me from just bailing outright. Although every day I lean further that way.
I hear ya!
Germany has free college even for international students.

Downsides: Courses would be in German unless it's an international course and you'd need money for rent, food, etc.
upsides: womangirlchick to watch ALIEN with

Degree > No degree

I think it's also about generally being able to say you finished your studies and have document 1 and 2 to show for it. the details don't really matter that much, that's where work experience gets more important. at least that's how it feels to me. of course there are certain jobs you just can't do without a specific degree. can't become a doctor or a teacher just like that.

JESUS CHRISTMAS THAT'S A LOT OF HAIR

That's more hair then I have on the rest of my body (not counting head hair)

Do you not own any other films or something?

I am wondering whether seeing a cabinet full with only different versions of Alien and no other movies would be a pro or a con.

I am leaning towards a pro.

SolVanderlyn

I won't watch horror movies without a group of friends or a girl.

50% is because it's not nearly as enjoyable otherwise

50% is because I am a wuss

Do you not own any other films or something?

I just like it a lot okay :< I have a weird romantic fantasy about watching it with someone who likes it just as much I guess. I'd be okay with Terminator 1+2 or all of Ghibli too tho.

I can bring my Simpsons DVDs. Season 1 - 10. The only ones that matter.
yay!
Simpsons 1-10 are unrivalled, I didnt feel the need to mention them cuz it should be obvious anyway

Jobbs

Banned
movies aren't shcary. Some are disturbing. Irreversible (yikes). I Saw The Devil (yikes). But not scary per se.

My nieces are coming over tomorrow <3

I just like it a lot okay :< I have a weird romantic fantasy about watching it with someone who likes it just as much I guess. I'd be okay with Terminator 1+2 or all of Ghibli too tho.

I think Terminator movies are entertaining but not a huge deal.. Ghibli and Alien though I'm right there with ya

I am wondering whether seeing a cabinet full with only different versions of Alien and no other movies would be a pro or a con.

I am leaning towards a pro.

Thinking about it that sounds pretty sick, I'd approve

Thank you!

Hang on I'm going to take a photo of one of my basically hairless arms

Hey no criticism here, it's a fucking rad film. As are the Terminator films.

Also I realised a few days ago that I actually kind of have a similar thing with TV shows. Like spending a day with someone just watching Psych or Seinfeld or something would be raaaaaad as fuck

no dibs on me, I'm not a french fry!
is that the singular?

I think Terminator movies are entertaining but not a huge deal.. Ghibli and Alien though I'm right there with ya
you used to be cool, jobbs.
I love Alien films but it wouldn't be romantic by any means. You could paint my nails after the movie tho.

haha I'm pretty bad at that, but I would do it! I still have some nail polish with little tiny hearts inside for you :3

Hey no criticism here, it's a fucking rad film. As are the Terminator films.

Also I realised a few days ago that I actually kind of have a similar thing with TV shows. Like spending a day with someone just watching Psych or Seinfeld or something would be raaaaaad as fuck

oh yess. there's something super comforting about that. don't even get me started on Seinfeld & Friends...I mean we already discussed this earlier today haha.

SolVanderlyn

Just the right amount of hair

pWiRuTz.jpg

FloatOn

Lets recount the day.

Sleep until noon. Watch an episode of 11.22.63 with housemates. Eat Italian ice. Eat bbq. Walk dog. Sleep more.

It's now early evening and I have nothing to do. This cold has sapped all my energy.

Maybe I should preorder dark souls 3....

oh yess. there's something super comforting about that. don't even get me started on Seinfeld & Friends...I mean we already discussed this earlier today haha.

I spent a couple of days watching The Wire with my best friend
who I did and probably still do have a massive crush on, don't see her too much these days
like 6 or 7 years ago (fucking christ) and those are probably 2 of my favourite days I've ever had

holy shit you weren't kidding

not a single hair

I last shaved (face not arms) on...Saturday, I think? Basically all my hair is on top of my head.

mentioning Jonesy is proof that you get it.

I feel bad that I had to Google this :c

Holy shit, I always figured I did but I have never seen the first Terminator movie, only the second one.

Guess I know what to watch soon.

Get on iiiiit. There's some pretty amusingly dated animatronic stuff but it's suuuper good

Amazing at being 8,000000000000,000,000 times worse than the first one, yes.

Get the fuck outta here

who I did and probably still do have a massive crush on, don't see her too much these days
like 6 or 7 years ago (fucking christ) and those are probably 2 of my favourite days I've ever had

I last shaved (face not arms) on...Saturday, I think? Basically all my hair is on top of my head.

I feel bad that I had to Google this :c

Get on iiiiit. There's some pretty amusingly dated animatronic stuff but it's suuuper good

Probably tomorrow or the day after. I was just watching the trailer and completely surprised that I have never seen it. Gotta fix that.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Lets recount the day.

Sleep until noon. Watch an episode of 11.22.63 with housemates. Eat Italian ice. Eat bbq. Walk dog. Sleep more.

It's now early evening and I have nothing to do. This cold has sapped all my energy.

Maybe I should preorder dark souls 3....

You should probably watch Alien followed by Terminator 1, and then wrap it up with Howl's Moving Castle.

Then you could practice your nail art with my nails. LOL
deal!
that's the cutest thing I've heard in a while. also important newsflash! you never mentioned this before! know your mission now, forget Tinder, get on that crush, man <3

Prometheus > Aliens > Alien > Resurrection > 3

I'm not even sure if I'm trolling or not

latest

minus the food part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom