• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
What are you guys doing on your 'walks'? I understand go running, or go biking to, i don't know, stay fit or something, but walking seems so.. boring? IDK

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Last time this happened to me I caught a cold. Make sure you get lots of vitamin C or something!
Already on it.

What are you guys doing on your 'walks'? I understand go running, or go biking to, i don't know, stay fit or something, but walking seems so.. boring? IDK

It is not boring,when you have numerous routes and combinations to choose from. And I walk quite fast. It is just a preparation for spring-summer-autumn hiking season for me.

Misha

Banned

Ususally ill do something like pick spearmint by the pond down the road

But walking is also to stay fit. That and for relaxing and socializing if someone else comes

Yeah walking is good for fitness too. It's also easier on your knees than running.

Usually I listen to a podcast or audiobook on my route. Sometimes I take notes and think about things.

Misha

Banned
pretty much treat biking and walking the same, slow and aimless. Only difference is I double the distance on my bike.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I have started with daily walks (of course there are some days when I rest or weather is simply too bad) 10 months ago, after my eye surgery. I was lying on my bed in darkness, battling with depression... and I just said to myself, fuck it, do something for yourself.

Ten months later, my general health is way way better, i have my weight in check and my stamina has increased.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Now I wanna go bike and listen to podcasts damnit. But I also wanna stay inside 'cause it's freezing.

SystemBug

yeah i really like walking. very therapeutic for me. sometimes ill walk at around midnight just with some music. good thing about living in the suburbs and being male i guess

Symphonia

Banned
Nope, negative for both diabetes types.
I only ask because I've been told I need to start exercising more by my doctor, as well as being told my eyesight is at risk of going tits up. I have pre-proliferative retinopathy which basically means if I don't buck up, lose weight, and manage my diabetes better, I could go blind within a year.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I only ask because I've been told I need to start exercising more by my doctor, as well as being told my eyesight is at risk of going tits up. I have pre-proliferative retinopathy which basically means if I don't buck up, lose weight, and manage my diabetes better, I could go blind within a year.
Googled up yours condition and man that sucks.

Jobbs

Banned
Waking up at 6:40am like any good old person. Now to drive slowly to Denny's.

I mostly sleep on the couch these days. For some reason I stopped sleeping in my bed.

In the dream I just had, I had to fight a dog, and the dog kept peeing on me. Then my girlfriend's (gf from years ago) was there and her face caught fire. I watched her burn. I'm sure I'd forget this if u wasn't here writing it down

Waking up at 6:40am like any good old person. Now to drive slowly to Denny's.

I mostly sleep on the couch these days. For some reason I stopped sleeping in my bed.

In the dream I just had, I had to fight a dog, and the dog kept peeing on me. Then my girlfriend's (gf from years ago) was there and her face caught fire. I watched her burn. I'm sure I'd forget this if u wasn't here writing it down

That's alright. She loves the way you lie.

Also put a TV in your bedroom so you can stop falling asleep on the couch.

Symphonia

Banned
Googled up yours condition and man that sucks.
My own fault, really, as I've been neglecting my diabetes over the last year or so. I weigh just over fifteen stone, barely exercise, and eat crap. Starting tomorrow, though, that's all change. I've dug out my old stepper, am cutting down on junk food, and will be monitoring my glucose levels daily. With any luck, I can nip this in the bud before any real damage is done.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
My own fault, really, as I've been neglecting my diabetes over the last year or so. I weigh just over fifteen stone, barely exercise, and eat crap. Starting tomorrow, though, that's all change. I've dug out my old stepper, am cutting down on junk food, and will be monitoring my glucose levels daily. With any luck, I can nip this in the bud before any real damage is done.

Good luck. Just work up with your exercise routine and watch your diet. I found it that losing weight is not so hard, keeping it in check is much harder.

Jobbs

Banned
man I thought she was dead then she said something and I like pulled her hat over her face so I didn't have to see her face

weird details are coming to me. I still havne't gotten up

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
wake me up.

I can't wake up.

save me

man I'm slow... I was like "eh?"... then lied here for several minutes and got it
tumblr_nwgo4fuU0K1uuwj0do1_1280.jpg

Morning fakers. I wanna go home but my elevator broke and I gotta fix it :(

Good morning, Fakers.

i'm getting sick of hearing about Trump on the morning news. Guh.

Anywho, weather forecast in Missouri is goin' to suck because it's going to rain all week long.

Does FakeGAF have a Steam group? I feel like we should have one.

Ceallach

I did win money. I have been telling people for weeks that cupcake was a terrible stylistic match up for Holm, and no one bought it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Lil, I drank the water on my nightstand since I woke up with a dry mouth but it had gotten stale. :mad:

Ceallach

I took my pre workout this morning thinking I was going to the gym but now I am stuck and work and shaking like crazy

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
So I was talking to the girl I like and I told her that her ex who I was speaking to the other day described her as a succubus and she said what's a succubus and I said "it's a ghost or demon that rapes you to death" and then I realised that no matter how innocent the context you probably shouldn't use the words "rapes you to death" in a conversation with a girl when you're trying to get them to like you, but seriously who doesn't know what a succubus is.

So I was talking to the girl I like and I told her that her ex who I was speaking to the other day described her as a succubus and she said what's a succubus and I said "it's a ghost or demon that rapes you to death" and then I realised that no matter how innocent the context you probably shouldn't use the words "rapes you to death" in a conversation with a girl when you're trying to get them to like you, but seriously who doesn't know what a succubus is.

lol

FUME5

Smoothest dude I know.

Symphonia

Banned
tumblr_m4rocyT1XD1rn95k2o1_500.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
When your incredulity at people's ignorance supercedes your thirst

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
haven't been able to sleep on time for the past few days. 3 AM +

what is wrong with me!
I've been somewhat correcting my sleeping habits. I used to go sleep around 7-8am and then be up around 11-1pm. Try not using tablets, phones, computers when trying to falll asleep. Tea or a warm cup of honey and milk can help you relax more. Try finding a comfy position and remember to do it often. Also if you need you can get Melatonin and take small dosage until you find what works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom