• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
nobody calls me chicken!

okay...self-summary text: I like ALIEN and ALIENS.
...too much?

also I used to put soo much effort into it and answered like 2000 questions last time but nobody else seems to do it anyway. never helped much either.

I think the matching algorithm or whatever is pretty much bullshit. Just put some basic info, everyone's mainly going to go by the pics anyway, right?

Some common interests are nice but being "the same" doesn't necessarily mean chemistry. I have lots of friends who also like Ghibli and Nintendo and stuff but most of them I'd never fuck. And my most intense relationship was a swedish girl who could barely speak english and we almost were incapable of communicating. A matching algorithm probably wouldn't have hooked us up, but look at how great a time we had...

:: wistful ::

On a separate note, me and feng were having a conversation about films earlier and it's made me realise how barely anyone seems capable of doing decent slapstick comedy anymore, which is such a goddamned shame. Laurel & Hardy can put me in hysterics and there's just nothing like that at all now. Slapstick comedy these days is way too over the top, like there's no subtlety to it at all, and there's never any build up, it's just "something unfortunate and painful happened to this person hahahahahaha".

Jobbs

Banned
On a separate note, me and feng were having a conversation about films earlier and it's made me realise how barely anyone seems capable of doing decent slapstick comedy anymore, which is such a goddamned shame. Laurel & Hardy can put me in hysterics and there's just nothing like that at all now. Slapstick comedy these days is way too over the top, like there's no subtlety to it at all, and there's never any build up, it's just "something unfortunate and painful happened to this person hahahahahaha".

The Chris Farley movies are pretty stupid but I still laugh every time he hits his head or falls down. Every time.

I think the matching algorithm or whatever is pretty much bullshit. Just put some basic info, everyone's mainly going to go by the pics anyway, right?

Some common interests are nice but being "the same" doesn't necessarily mean chemistry. I have lots of friends who also like Ghibli and Nintendo and stuff but most of them I'd never fuck. And my most intense relationship was a swedish girl who could barely speak english and we almost were incapable of communicating. A matching algorithm probably wouldn't have hooked us up, but look at how great a time we had...

:: wistful ::

yeah you're right but well but I can't put in looking to find someone with sexy chemistry over the internet.

Jobbs

Banned
yeah you're right but well but I can't put it looking to find someone with sexy chemistry over the internet.

You've identified the problem with ONLINE COMPUTERIZED DATING... You just never know for sure who you're going to like until you meet them in person. So I guess the answer is either get lucky on the first match or just put in the work and meet lots of people WHICH SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!

You probably shouldn't listen to me btw because I've never really used online dating services. :)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is that what you put in your dating profile? Because it's killer stuff
My dating profile simply shows the boring individual I am. Homebody into videogames, movies, films, shows, music, animation and videogame development (havent touched on that in a while btw >.<). When you say you don't like going out much it seems most people that read it take it almost as if it were an incurable disease or something along those lines.

Also sadly in the Gay world from my experience most guys seem to be interested in party animals who go from club to club, hook ups only and not into serious relationships for most of the part. (Let's not add the superficial crap about looks since that exists everywhere) I've never been huge into hookups and the older I get the less interested in them as thirsty as I may be. I just want a man to be with me most of the time doing the same things I do now with the rare occasions of going out and enjoy the view. Obviously I would enjoy the company the conversations and little details like hugs, cuddles and kisses. The sex stuff obviously enjoyable but its not the main reason why I look for relationships as weird as it might be to some.

Why did I write this? I don't know.

The Chris Farley movies are pretty stupid but I still laugh every time he hits his head or falls down. Every time.

I've never actually seen a Chris Farley film

But like this, it's not anything complicated or clever, it's just them both throwing water over each other. But just certain things about it, like how they don't try to stop the other one, actively helping them in some cases, but being surprised each time makes it fucking hilarious to me.

Now it would just be two people screaming while pointing a hose at each other or something.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
nobody calls me chicken!

okay...self-summary text: I like ALIEN and ALIENS.
...too much?

also I used to put soo much effort into it and answered like 2000 questions last time but nobody else seems to do it anyway. never helped much either.

Less is more in my opinion. I get super turned off by girls that have their entire life story in their profile. It's like...save some of that for when we meet. I don't need to know everything right off the bat.

Also, I re-enable my OKCupid account every once in awhile, but the available people never changes in my smallish town. It's basically worthless.

Slept in and my phone was blowing up from five different people wanting different things. Leave me alone people. It's Sunday. Call me if you want to go to lunch but I don't want to help you computer shop, sign up for your work program, set up meetings and help you find that book you left at my house.

:mad:

Symphonia

Banned
Slept in and my phone was blowing up from five different people wanting different things. Leave me alone people. It's Sunday. Call me if you want to go to lunch but I don't want to help you computer shop, sign up for your work program, set up meetings and help you find that book you left at my house.

:mad:
I never used to turn my phone off at night but lately it's become a thing I do. It's so much better.

tumblr_o2a5vj3VMr1v04h1go1_500.gif

Mesmerizing.

I never used to turn my phone off at night but lately it's become a thing I do. It's so much better.

to be fair, my phone already does go on Do Not Disturb between 2AM and 10:30AM, and then I didn't wake up until noon. I just don't like waking up on Sunday feeling like I'm obligated to do anything besides figure out what to eat.

Every day is a good day for Jawbreaker

What would you say your favourite Jawbreaker song is? Mine's either Sluttering or Fine Day (definitely one of my favourite outros at least). It's hard to pick though.
I love all of them but there are two that always stuck out to me...
Sister...it has such a beautiful melody that gets stuck in my head everytime. and Chesterfield King...the lyrics just mean everything to me. never has a song described the feeling of being in love better.
Sluttering is kickass too though.

Jobbs

Banned
There's this dad at this playground managing five small children.. All of them are screaming for different things... How has be not killed himself

Granadier

I woke up at 7am to feed my cat. Laid back in bed and checked GAF/Twitter etc. Then fell asleep again and didn't get out of bed till 1pm. Had some coffee.

Should really make some food though and clean my apartment.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah lazy weekend is almost over. Yesterday I checked out some weird information thingie for a nice apartment block that's modern and nice, but also cheap, but there are thousands applying. We'll see how that goes.
Today just played shit. LotR Online due to nostalgia feels, Dragon's Dogma due to it being Dragons Dogma and Street Fighter due to me loving losing so much >:/

Could use one or two more days of weekend :/

I love all of them but there are two that always stuck out to me...
Sister...it has such a beautiful melody that gets stuck in my head everytime. and Chesterfield King...the lyrics just mean everything to me. never has a song described the feeling of being in love better.
Sluttering is kickass too though.
Sister is super good, took me a while to listen to because the intro always put me off for some reason but when I actually did, oooh man.

I really need to listen to Bivouac more, I don't know it well enough to remember any songs by name

Granadier

I need to find an apartment in Boston too. The company I'll be working for provides a $1000 relocation reimbursement, which seems a tad low for moving across country. Oh well. I'll probably just have to lean on my credit card a bit. Still waiting on my clients check to come in the mail.

Anyone live in / been to Boston?

I need to find an apartment in Boston too. The company I'll be working for provides a $1000 relocation reimbursement, which seems a tad low for moving across country. Oh well. I'll probably just have to lean on my credit card a bit. Still waiting on my clients check to come in the mail.

Anyone live in / been to Boston?

I used to live in RI so I've been to Bawston quite a bit. Lived about an hour and a half away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom