• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
I seem to mostly watch & enjoy badly written shows, the problem being that they piss me off frequently.

Only show with no major problems I can think of recently was The Expanse, and I already watched all 10 episodes

Oh you should watch Z-Nation it's the worst and most badly written awesome show in recent memory.

The first season was like a 12 hour b-movie in all the good and bad ways.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Stop watching TWD. Just read it. Play the Telltale Games if you really need something more animated. The show is awful.

Back out to sea for me today :(

Misha

Banned
The GE commercials were funny when no one gave a shit about his dumb job at GE. That was legitimately funny. Some suit must have noticed this, not seen the humor, and made them change course.. Because suddenly all of the commercials are about everyone begging the guy to let them work at GE.

I can't stomach that lame guy from Chuck :( Why does he have a career? He must have made a deal with.. Er, me.

he was one of the better actors in that show :p
did you see him in video game high school? I'm convinced they told him to act poorly cause thats the only way i could see that happening

Chuck though I really enjoyed for how corny it is. Don't think I'm ever going to watch it again though cause I'd have to watch Adam Baldwin

Halcyon

Stop watching TWD. Just read it. Play the Telltale Games if you really need something more animated. The show is awful.

jfk-jr-salute-233x300.jpg

Jobbs

Banned

The obvious things piss me off hey let's dress up like zombies to escape, but hardly ever do this any other time even though it works

but also dumb things piss me off

smelly gross disgusting Abraham getting with the hottest women on the show.. And today he broke up with Rosita who tearfully begged him not to go.. Rosita oine of the hottest women on TV.. Smelly gross Abraham.. Just not plausible

Also try not to start any nuclear wars today pls, still need to see what happens on this shitty show

The obvious things piss me off hey let's dress up like zombies to escape, but hardly ever do this any other time even though it works

but also dumb things piss me off

smelly gross disgusting Abraham getting with the hottest women on the show.. And today he broke up with Rosita who tearfully begged him not to go.. Rosita oine of the hottest women on TV.. Smelly gross Abraham.. Just not plausible

The spoiler reminds me of Woody Harrelson's character in True Detective not only having an attractive wife but also having a ludicrously attractive mistress. Even setting aside looks, his character's personality was that of a shitlord. So damn implausible.

Jobbs

Banned
The rules of TV are that women don't seem to care much about what men look like unless they're a bratty teenager or something, which is soooo not true in real life

the other rule of TV is that teenagers have to be bratty

Misha

Banned
The rules of TV are that women don't seem to care much about what men look like unless they're a bratty teenager or something, which is soooo not true in real life

the other rule of tv is that people who are smart are exempt from the brattiness and automatically considered ugly till they take their glasses off

Have you watched The Americans? If not it's the best show you're not currently watching. The kid actors on that show are some of the best I've seen. And while the daughter does get "bratty" it isn't just cheap domestic drama. Real shit is at stake.

the other rule of tv is that people who are smart are exempt from the brattiness and automatically considered ugly till they take their glasses off

lmao

American TV™ everyone but perhaps one character must be a demi-god.

I think British TV does a good job of you know casting average and even really unconventional looking people.

Misha

Banned
lmao

American TV™ everyone but perhaps one character must be a demi-god.

I think British TV does a good job of you know casting average and even really unconventional looking people.

and they still end up being a sex symbol on tumlbr

Unforgivable!

On behalf of the rest of the Midwest, I disown you both.

I forgot to respond ot this but its interesting to see that we're (correctly imo) recognized as being part of the midwest

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I always though arsenic tasted like almonds but apparently it's cyanide that does.

FloatOn

I wish I could get into the consulting game

HAVING to be at the office blows

I only want to be here if I actually want to be here you know?

and they still end up being a sex symbol on tumlbr

I forgot to respond ot this but its interesting to see that we're (correctly imo) recognized as being part of the midwest

Yeah, I pretty much consider western PA part of the Midwest and then eastern PA part of the east coast. And then the middle is sort of a no-man's-land to me.

Haven't seen the Americans.. Maybe I should

Season three finale and one episode in particular still got my spine tingling. So damn good.

New season starts on March 16th.

FloatOn

so this conversation mostly applies to the americans here but everyone feel free to chime in.

I've got some friends that are extremely vocal about the "the two party system is broken blah blah blah"

and I'm just like third parties are the same damn thing with just certain fringe variations. there are third parties that are on the left and the right. essentially they could be renamed democrat and republican. It's all just so pedantic to me

why would people think that a third party would magically solve all the political problems in the world?

Misha

Banned
so this conversation mostly applies to the americans here but everyone feel free to chime in.

I've got some friends that are extremely vocal about the "the two party system is broken blah blah blah"

and I'm just like third parties are the same damn thing with just certain fringe variations. there are third parties that are on the left and the right. essentially they could be renamed democrat and republican. It's all just so pedantic to me

why would people think that a third party would magically solve all the political problems in the world?

grass is greener and all that. plus republican/fox news propaganda(and democrats do it too but not to the same extent) of "the people we have in charge aren't the right people in charge and the government is the devil till we change that" so because of that, literally anyone different is viable, no matter their views(hence the people who don't see a difference between bernie and trump)

really its anti-establishment for the sake of anti-establishment with no real end goals and no real policy opinions

I mean it does give a third chance for distinct views which would be nice but I don't think those people are considering what views they'd want them to have or what views would be likely for a third party to have

of course this is generalizing and they could have a real argument but most of the time I've heard people talk about it it boils down to this. I'd take them considerably more seriously if they weren't talking in context of presidential election. as it is the presidential election is only built for a two person race. for congress or something else? sure but that party would likely have to align itself with one of the two big ones for a long time

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I miss Will and Grace.

All i'm smelling right now is piss.

Does that mean I've having a heart attack? Or is that smelling almonds.

To be fair, the breath/urine smelling like ammonia could also be from a diet high in protein.

That's going to be present from the start, this is after a decent amount of output. It's pretty noticeable (and unpleasant).

True, I've experienced it on prolonged missions in the Army. Quick solution would be to increase calorie intake.

see above if you are seriously tasting/smelling urine.

Full Communism Now Party

I will never stop making this joke and there's nothing you can do about it

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Sad news. But that franchise hasn't been relevant in a decade and Lionhead without Molyneaux was never going to last

Jobbs

Banned
Sad news. But that franchise hasn't been relevant in a decade and Lionhead without Molyneaux was never going to last

Wha?

I thought this was the reason their brand was toxic. I mainly just associate "Lionhead" with lies and bullshit, because game after game that's what happened, and it's mainly because of Molyturd.

Jobbs

Banned
My distaste for Molyneux is extreme... Not just for his shameless lying upon lying, (remember the kinect demo with that stupid kid and how they sold that shit? 100% bullshit. this is lying on a level that would make the sleaziest of infomercial blush) but because of his whole MO about what makes a game good.

I'll never forget how he sold Fable 2 -- Trumpeting the brilliance of dumbing down and streamlining everything.... Touting "one button does everything" as a virtue.

NO.

I like depth, complexity, and a learning curve. Fuck you and your cancerous vision, you lying pasty british jepolee.

marrec

Banned
The weird thing is that despite Molyneux being a total lying prick about the Fable games, they all turned out pretty okay to great. Like, if he had just sold them as humorous action RPGs with a breezy attitude and unique style maybe he'd be remembered much differently than he is now.

Fable II and III are completely underrated I think.

All right, ya pickle eating, cornfield masturbating jackanapes, I'm sitting on a fair few Steam keys for games I already have.

Outlast
Magicka
To The Moon
Deponia
STALKER Clear Sky
Insurgency

Who wants what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom