• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, ya pickle eating, cornfield masturbating jackanapes, I'm sitting on a fair few Steam keys for games I already have.

Outlast
Magicka
To The Moon
Deponia
STALKER Clear Sky
Insurgency

Who wants what?

Insurgency and/or STALKER if there aren't any takers! If there are, well, I suppose I'll find some other game to play.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
All right, ya pickle eating, cornfield masturbating jackanapes, I'm sitting on a fair few Steam keys for games I already have.

Outlast
Magicka
To The Moon
Deponia
STALKER Clear Sky
Insurgency

Who wants what?

To The Moon please. <3

Halcyon

You'd probably just use it to watch Let's Plays *narrows eyes*

What do you mean.

6L7nSGB.jpg

marrec

Banned
Aah lol,

I go white gaf because it looks like excel and the IEEE message boards.

Dark theme at home though, where I take off my paaaaants.

Jobbs

Banned
the dark theme annoys my eyes for some reason ever since the lasik. not sure why. the white lettering seems to glow too much.

I'm trying that and i'm not sure I'm feeling it. everyone looks like they're banned and links aren't noticable. also people quoting me isn't a different color

Links could definitely stand to pop somewhat.

And the lack of a different color for being quoted is really jarring at first. But now I'm so used to it I can't go back to the default dark theme.

Misha

Banned
Links could definitely stand to pop somewhat.

And the lack of a different color for being quoted is really jarring at first. But now I'm so used to it I can't go back to the default dark theme.

is there really any big differences besides those? those are just such important visual information that i would rather not go without them and i don't really see the draw otherwise

is there really any big differences besides those? those are just such important visual information that i would rather not go without them and i don't really see the draw otherwise

Those are the main differences, yeah.

I'm pretty much sticking with it because I like the colors and overall tone. I'm such an aesthete.

I don't understand how people find light theme too bright

Do you have your monitors on full brightness or something?

Also, back in my day you had no choice in the matter. Light theme or fuck off

marrec

Banned

My work monitor has the brightness WAY DOWN specifically because of the white theme.

It's super jarring even then.

It's also super uggo.

I really really wish Twitter had a dark theme built into their web client :(

Misha

Banned

lowest brightness.
a large part of it is the font and format. in paragraphs and with serif fonts, black on white is preferred (like a newspaper or magazine). with sans serif and lots of shorter lines, white on black looks better (which is why IDEs have largely migrated to white on black)

also in both cases, grey is even better than white

also apparently astigmatism makes white on black way worse than people with normal eyes

I use the light theme so.. Fuck everyone?

(Except RNH)

fuck you too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom