• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also RNH <3 why you gotta be in GMT zone maaaaan. Its up on archive for super fun times.

Next part will be either super late or super early and I'll finally crush Ridley, that fuck.

Yeah but then I can't derail your stream chat to be entirely about films >_>

Also Super Metroid is easily in my top 10 games ever, but I have one problem with it: they didn't reuse the fucking amazing Metroid 1 escape music and instead just used the Ridley fight music

Fuck

I need to play a Metroid now

I might actually do a Metroid series LP thinking about it

Halcyon

I've only ever played Metroid Prime to completion(which is one of my favorite games). My parents bought me a Genesis for some reason so I never got to experience Super Metroid or Link to the Past.

But I got to play Sonic Pinball :/

Misha

Banned
Exactly. I love all the sub-communities that grow here. Have made so many great friends.

its sorta neat since you already get to have an interest in common but aren't necessarily focused on that

I gotta say its interesting how video game fans can't handle analysis and death of the author. They have to make everything 100% literal. I'm not the biggest fan of it when they really stretch it but especially for literature, people write research papers on theory crafting and symbolism on books. Personally I think the biggest thing holding back Video Games from being considered art is the pushback against criticism and pretty much anything intellectual

I've only ever played Metroid Prime to completion(which is one of my favorite games). My parents bought me a Genesis for some reason so I never got to experience Super Metroid or Link to the Past.

I think me, my dad and my sister are probably the only people ever to actually like Sonic Spinball

Also I'm now listening to Metroid Metal like the coolest person

Misha

Banned
While visiting the Canalave Library, it is revealed in the Sinnoh Folk Tales that Pokémon caught from the sea are eaten, and then the bones thrown back into the water. It is also mentioned that the Pokémon that were eaten will return fully fleshed.

what the heck

Jobbs

Banned

Fuk u

Risgroo

Fuck

I need to play a Metroid now

I might actually do a Metroid series LP thinking about it
Do it. I'll watch it if you upload to YT <3

Your parents just wanted you to be radical and play the gnarliest and most bodacious games, dude.
I totally know how to speak 90s.
I gotta say its interesting how video game fans can't handle analysis and death of the author. They have to make everything 100% literal. I'm not the biggest fan of it when they really stretch it but especially for literature, people write research papers on theory crafting and symbolism on books. Personally I think the biggest thing holding back Video Games from being considered art is the pushback against criticism and pretty much anything intellectual
It's so sad to see any sort of interpretation dismissed as "pretentious" or "lol deep".

Halcyon

Words hurt.

I took weird detours with gaming consoles.

I had the NES, Genesis, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, then PS3.

I feel like most people went NES-Super Nintendo-PS1-PS2-360/wii

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just found a phone recording in an alley in The Division. Girl had sent a voicemail to her mom that she couldn't get out of the city, and to let her know she was coming out, that her roommate was her girlfriend. Wanted to tell her just in case they didn't make it.
"Love you mom. I hope you're okay, and I hope you're okay with...this."

For some reason that almost made me tear up.

Even completely reasonable criticism is retaliated and shit posted against. Criticism is an inherent part of art, art can improve and evolve thanks to criticism and analysis. I definitely think video games are art but that's because I consider art a very broad idea and not at all a qualitative statement. Art is simply something that exists for consumption, critique, analysis, discussion, etc. Narrowly trying to define art and turning it into a qualitative statement doesn't work because art is very subjective and unless you can get everyone on earth to agree what does and does not qualify as art, it's pointless. Even the likes of 50 Shades of Grey is art. It's just abysmally bad art according to a broad critical consensus.

Misha

Banned
It's so sad to see any sort of interpretation dismissed as "pretentious" or "lol deep".
i think the fact that they're called "Games" partially influences that. they're just expecting a backdrop and a ruleset to play checkers in. in reality the medium combines everything. sculpting, drawing, music, storytelling, acting, performace art types of things (sorta like figure skating). it doesn't require active participation nor does it have to have a goal. theres just so much that the artists put into it that can resonate with you without you even knowing it
I took weird detours with gaming consoles.

I had the NES, Genesis, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, then PS3.

I feel like most people went NES-Super Nintendo-PS1-PS2-360/wii

SNES->n64->PS2->gamecube->NDS->PS3->Vita

FloatOn

I had an older brother so I got to experience pretty much everything

him
atari 2600 > NES > SNES

me
Genesis > PS1 > PS2 > Dreamcast > Gamecube > 360 > ps3

then I grew some balls and built a gaming pc

EDIT - oh when I got sick last year I bought a new 3ds XL to play link between worlds. it's now collecting dust.

EDIT X 2 - conference call in 20 minutes... it won't be a good one. fuck

which cold medicine does actually work?

I find Dristan works well to relieve symptoms of head colds; once it's a chest cold I just suffer. :(

My friends put makeup on me once

Apparently I was pretty hot

The two times this happened was pretty amazingly awful. Super hot mess. Wouldn't have minded so much if my friends who gleefully did me up would have also lent me the make-up remover. Sadly these moments were only captured by other people's film cameras, so I do not have any photos to share.

Also Super Metroid is easily in my top 10 games ever, but I have one problem with it: they didn't reuse the fucking amazing Metroid 1 escape music and instead just used the Ridley fight music

I loved Metroid II on the Game Boy. Great, great music, great gameplay. Was very surprised when I was 14 and Samus's armour disappeared.

Never had a console growing up— we had a lot of computers, which my dad felt more than made up for it. We had a Mac network, which was pretty fantastic with LAN games like Bolo and Marathon.

I haven't played games proper since Bloodborne and before Bloodborne I didn't play anything for over 6 months. Gaming isn't for me anymore. My teenage self would laugh if I said this to him.

I go through mood shifts when it comes to games. Sometimes I'll go weeks or months without playing anything. Other times I'll play some every day.

But it definitely isn't consistent like say reading books which I do every day.

Halcyon

I haven't played games proper since Bloodborne and before Bloodborne I didn't play anything for over 6 months. Gaming isn't for me anymore. My teenage self would laugh if I said this to him.

I play mobile games occasionally, but the last game I was super into in the same way I played videogames as a youth was Borderlands 2. I was unemployed and it was my world.

That's why I love youtube. It has completely replaced the need for me to actually play videogames.

Misha

Banned
I've never been particularly good at games so its not very often that I enjoy playing them and I always preferred watching a friend. The return of adventure games really solved that problem for me though I still don't play games super often. The Civ games are pretty much the only thing i've ever played consistently and thats been on easy difficulties

Halcyon

He has a white nexus 5. You bros better step off. He's mine.

Also @Halycon the joy of experiencing Super Metroid with your friends at age 12 or whatever before the prevalence of the internet and all is a joy and wonder that can never be replicated, so I pity your sad dark soul

I played SOTN with a buddy every night one summer. We would literally stand by the tv and crank our heads upside down to read the inverted map. That's gotta be close.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
His ears are really cute.

But seriously, they were one of the first things that stood out to me.

Plus that voice. He can whisper in my ear how I'm gonna die and I still would get
GjrX9M1.gif

Jobbs

Banned
His ears are really cute.

But seriously, they were one of the first things that stood out to me.

You notice cute ears? That's so weird bro

He has a white nexus 5. You bros better step off. He's mine.

I played SOTN with a buddy every night one summer. We would literally stand by the tv and crank our heads upside down to read the inverted map. That's gotta be close.

That's pretty cool, but I never felt like SOTN had any of the magic Super Metroid did. I thought SOTN was "good" but I never quite understood the adoration. It could also be because I never played it until my later teen years when the game was already famous and I already went in cynical.

In any case, I think some of the DS castlevania games are better than SOTN. Maybe all of them.

Y'all fighting over a YouTuber now?

smgdh

he's my bro but I wouldn't fuck him no

marrec

Banned
Pull out of Trump thread or will get banned: Me.

Yogurt time.

You definitely don't want to blow your load in a Trump thread.

Picking up my new mixer today. If it's shit I'm going to get the one you recommended Jobbs.

In the Vaati thread someone refuted my point by attacking me personally and mocking me for my game not being out still... Took physical effort to leave that bait alone

anigif_original-grid-image-28691-1393958754-6.gif

Wait what?

I like a good Jobbs ribbing myself but that seems fucking rude, who did this? Lets gang up on them.

Halcyon

this made me laugh. like, what? so silly

In the Vaati thread someone refuted my point by attacking me personally and mocking me for my game not being out still... Took physical effort to leave that bait alone

I read it. I wanted to punch the guy too.

Misha

Banned
Pull out of Trump thread or will get banned: Me.

Yogurt time.

even though I think he knows exactly what he's doing (dispel the notion etc), if you're going to continue arguing a good comparison would be at churches. Its definitely something a lot of americans have associated with excitement for something that resonates with them. fairly common to see hands angled toward the speaker

heh someone just covered that

Jobbs

Banned
Also Jobbs ignore the petty bitches.

I didn't say what I wanted to say, and left it alone, because that's my Neogaf Danger Sense in full effect. I know how to not step in it. It's why I have a totally clean record.

That kind of dig does sting though because I already feel bad about the delays.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I didn't say what I wanted to say, and left it alone, because that's my Neogaf Danger Sense in full effect. I know how to not step in it. It's why I have a totally clean record.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
This quote does not apply to Duke Nukem Forever

So I just bought a macbook pro retina 15 inch late 2012 model for $600 off a friend , battery cycle is at 900 , 8gb ram is the max and cant upgrade it which is a bummer

was that a decent buy? everything is included, box x charger and etc

Halcyon

So I just bought a macbook pro retina 15 inch late 2012 model for $600 off a friend , battery cycle is at 900 , 8gb ram is the max and cant upgrade it which is a bummer

was that a decent buy? everything is included, box x charger and etc

No, you should send it to me because it is garbage.

Jobbs

Banned
Just a bit ago I was walking, and I ended up behind this trash truck and his overall speed was matching mine.

ixUnzLY.jpg

He kept knocking trash cans down and leaving them like that, so I kept picking them up as I got to them. Ultimate good samaritan

Misha

Banned

I've been waiting for A Hat in Time since 2013. you're good

Don't forget FFXV was technically first revealed nearly 10 years ago.

(I don't even give a shit anymore. I'll wait until it's inevitably released on Steam and I can snatch it for like $10.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom