• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha

I'm surprised they're being so civil

I have a fantasy of being "white guy with brown jacket and jeans" and shooting "modern looking guns". This game could be some sick ass wish fulfillment for me!

There's a screencap of someone saying "don't cut" somewhere.

Misha

Banned
I heard marrec likes his hot dogs like this. It's some weird Pittsburg thing. "Tastes good and I don't have to brush my teeth!" He said.

bBYH7VA.png
Pittsburgh

AcridMeat

Banned
nah, he referred to my profile line about me liking ALIEN(S) but I'm not quite sure he knows those are movies...he was all like "oh so you really like aliens huh?" and "do you think aliens are out there??"
haha. :l
Oh boy hahaha.

I'm imagining Ralph trying to talk with Lisa. "So..do you like...stuff?"
KHbHUbk.gif

It almost looks inappropriate.
Almost? I'm getting weird feelings. Lawd.
I hate being poor.
Same.
hahaha

That is amazing hahaha.
My friend and I have a "no vote" pact for the Ohio primary on the 15th, because I would be voting for Bernie and she would be voting for Hillary, so there's no reason to go.
Vote.

FUME5

So Trab, did you end up getting that medically required sex from inline skate man or the guy who definitely was not an alien?

AcridMeat

Banned
FUME when is the SF5 patch coming out? I've been neglecting it for Garden Warfare 2 and Rocket League since I want to buy some stuff with my fight money.

FUME5

FUME when is the SF5 patch coming out? I've been neglecting it for Garden Warfare 2 and Rocket League since I want to buy some stuff with my fight money.

I don't know, my Zangeif is so bad it hurts my soul.

Real answer, some time this month, I don't think they've ever mentioned a hard date.

Compelling someone to vote is un-American. There's no freedom in being forced to make a choice when you're not invested in the outcome or you already know you'll be voted against 1:1.

That's why I'm registered in the Dontvote Party. Understandably none of us have ever held office.

Misha

Banned
Guys how do I use Tumblr. I wanna start writing shit in my spare time

Just make a account and click text post and write one and submit or w/e. Its really straight forward till you want to edit the formatting of the blog or do anything slightly more indepth

hahaha

I have a fantasy of being "white guy with brown jacket and jeans" and shooting "modern looking guns". This game could be some sick ass wish fulfillment for me!

lmfao fuck that, if I have to wait in a virtual line to advance in a game, that game is gone from my console

that being said, the division is at my local red box, might rent the PS4 copy to wait in line :p

Jobbs

Banned
O only feel any motivation to vote in the general because Ohio is always such a critically important swing state (you prob can't believe the amount of ads run here in election season)

If I lived in CA or something I prob would nt bother

Compelling someone to vote is un-American. There's no freedom in being forced to make a choice when you're not invested in the outcome or you already know you'll be voted against 1:1.

That's why I'm registered in the Dontvote Party. Understandably none of us have ever held office.

Do you really not vote?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't vote but then again voting in a sinking ship won't really change the outcome. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FUME5

I'm a registered voter, so if I don't vote in State or Federal elections I can be fined.

I think it's a good system, everyone has to live in this country, they should at least engage with the bare minimum of issues by voting.

The worst part is the boots. My feet are scarred to hell because they rub up against my toes and heel in the worst way.

Also they're heavy af; I have to wear steel toe for my job. :/

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I cant use boots for large amounts of time. They are usually too hard and my feet aint straight so it starts hurting quickly. :(

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Dreamed again about winning Eurojackpot. And now my whole day will be a bit weird. 45 million € would be godsend, though...

O only feel any motivation to vote in the general because Ohio is always such a critically important swing state (you prob can't believe the amount of ads run here in election season)

If I lived in CA or something I prob would nt bother

Yeah, I was going to ask about that. I can't imagine it's very pleasant, especially as with how divisive things are right now.

I'm a registered voter, so if I don't vote in State or Federal elections I can be fined.

I think it's a good system, everyone has to live in this country, they should at least engage with the bare minimum of issues by voting.

Do you think it's dangerous to require votes from people who may not be sufficiently educated on the issues?

It seems to me like people educated on the issues will either want to vote of their own volition or have reason to believe that the vote is irrelevant, and that people uneducated on the issues can easily vote for something destructive if they've been manipulated by emotion or a deceptive promotion.

Squarespace sucks so much ass holy shit why did I ever switch to this shit

I keep hearing good things about it yet I still keep imagining it'll be terrible like Wix, Wordpress et al. I don't trust WYSIWYG web development farther than I can throw it.

To clarify, my earlier post about not voting was phrased a bit hostile.

It's your choice, of course. It just surprised me that apparently a few of you don't.

jb1234

I'll definitely be voting. I just flat-out refuse to have political conversations these days. People have gotten really volatile.

marrec

Banned
I keep hearing good things about it yet I still keep imagining it'll be terrible like Wix, Wordpress et al. I don't trust WYSIWYG web development farther than I can throw it.

Well having used both Wordpress (as a shell, not as WYSIWYG) and Squarespace (as WYSIWYG) I can say that Squarespace and pretty much any WYSIWYG is the worst nightmare of development and production you can imagine. It takes more time to publish podcast than it does to mix them on Squarespace.

The Wordpress shell is much better imo.

I'm very upset.

FUME5

Do you think it's dangerous to require votes from people who may not be sufficiently educated on the issues?

It seems to me like people educated on the issues will either want to vote of their own volition or have reason to believe that the vote is irrelevant, and that people uneducated on the issues can easily vote for something destructive if they've been manipulated by emotion or a deceptive promotion.

First you have to register (which most of us do before we turn 18 and can legally vote) which weeds out the most apathetic and, one would think, least likely to be educated on the issues.

Your second point is going to happen regardless, but by being required to vote once you have registered for it, it at least removes the apathetic "It's not going to change anything so I won't vote" mindset that is just as easy to manipulate.

At the end of the day, all of the existing political systems have serious flaws with not a single easy fix in sight, but at least I can say "I didn't vote for the bastard".

Well having used both Wordpress (as a shell, not as WYSIWYG) and Squarespace (as WYSIWYG) I can say that Squarespace and pretty much any WYSIWYG is the worst nightmare of development and production you can imagine. It takes more time to publish podcast than it does to mix them on Squarespace.

The Wordpress shell is much better imo.

I'm very upset.

That sounds terrible! It makes me really wonder why so many people are raving about it.

First you have to register (which most of us do before we turn 18 and can legally vote) which weeds out the most apathetic and, one would think, least likely to be educated on the issues.

Your second point is going to happen regardless, but by being required to vote once you have registered for it, it at least removes the apathetic "It's not going to change anything so I won't vote" mindset that is just as easy to manipulate.

At the end of the day, all of the existing political systems have serious flaws with not a single easy fix in sight, but at least I can say "I didn't vote for the bastard".

That makes sense. Thanks! ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom