• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas DLC Vol4: Lonesome Road |OT| Now sponsored by the Gun Runners

duckroll

First, a message from our sponsors.

7lJBl.png

Title: Fallout New Vegas DLC - Gun Runners’ Arsenal
Release Date: Sept 27th 2011
Platforms: Steam/Xbox Live Marketplace/Playstation Store
Price: $3.99/320 Points/$3.99

Overview

The famous weapons manufacturer, Gun Runners, has opened up their exclusive cache of armaments, including new weapons, weapon mods, ammo types and recipes. Their inventory doesn’t come without a price, though. Trek far and wide throughout the Mojave Wasteland in search of this elite class of weapons that range from the outrageously potent to the bizarrely impractical.

Gun Runners’ Arsenal increases the range of unique weapons, weapon mods, ammo types and recipes waiting to be uncovered in the vast Mojave Wasteland.

Among the unqiue weapons added are the Bozar, an all-powerful 5.56mm Light Machine Gun, the Smitty Special, an overwhelming variant of the Plasma Caster, the MFC Cluster mine, the Esther, a unique Mini Nuke Launcher, and the ridiculous Nuka Breaker – a new melee weapon made from a Nuka-Cola neon sign.

In total Gun Runners’ Arsenal adds 27 new weapons, 40 new weapon modifications for existing weapons, 18 new new recipes, and 29 new ammo types — including the 12 Ga. Dragon’s Breath, Hive Missiles, and 25mm/40mm Plasma Grenades. Finally, Gun Runners’ Arsenal also adds more than 20 all-new challenges to the Mojave Wasteland.

Detailed Contents

Explosives

Perks
Mad Bomber

New weapons
Esther (Unique Fat Man)
25mm Grenade APW (Unique Grenade Launcher)
GRA Fat Man (Supports new custom Mini-Nukes)
Tin Grenade
Nuka-Grenade
MFC Grenade
MFC Cluster
Fat Mine

New ammo types
25mm Pulse Grenade
25mm Plasma Grenade
40mm Pulse Grenade
40mm Plasma Grenade
Low Yield Mini-Nuke
Big Kid Mini-Nuke
Tiny Tots Mini-Nuke
Timed 25mm Grenade
Timed Mini-Nuke
Hive Missiles

Energy Weapons

New weapons
Cleansing Flame (Unique Flamer)
MF Hyperbreeder Alpha (Unique Recharger Pistol)
Sprtel-Wood 9700 (Unique Gatling Laser)
The Smitty Special (Unique Plasma Caster)

Weapons with new mod support
GRA Laser Pistol (Combats Sights, Focus Optics, Recycler)
GRA Plasma Pistol (High-Energy Ionizer, Magnetic Accelerator, Recycler)
GRA Tri-Beam Laser Rifle (Focus Optics, HD Capacitors, High-Capacity Terminal)
GRA Plasma Defender (High-Capacity Terminal, Sheath Stabilizer, Scope)

New ammo types
Optimized Small Energy Cell
Optimized Micro Fusion Cell
Optimized Electron Charge Pack
Optimized Flamer Fuel

Guns

New weapons
Li’l Devil (Unique 12.7mm Pistol)
Bozar (Unique Light Machine Gun)
Paciencia (Unique Hunting Rifle)
Medicine Stick (Unique Brush Gun)
Sleepytyme (Unique 10mm SMG)
GRA 5.56mm Pistol (Non-unique That Gun)
GRA Battle Rifle (Non-unique This Machine)

GRA 12.7mm SMG (Laser Sight, Stacked Magazine, Silencer)
GRA Hunting Revolver (Match Barrel, Six Shot Cylinder)
GRA Assault Carbine (Forged Receiver, Extended Mags, Light Bolt)
GRA Anti-Materiel Rifle (Suppressor, Carbon Fiber Parts, Custom Bolt)

New ammo types
.50MG Explosive
20 Ga. 3/0 Buck
12 Ga. 4/0 Buck
20 Ga. Pulse Slug
12 Ga. Pulse Slug
12 Ga. Flechette
12 Ga. Dragon’s Breath
12.7mm JHP
5.56mm Match
5mm JSP
9mm JHP

Melee

New weapons
Katana (Supports mods: Authentic Blade, Balanced Grip, Protective Sheath)
Nuka Breaker (Unique Rebar Club)
Gehenna (Unique Shishkebab)

GRA Baseball Bat (Cork Core, Maple Body, Nails)
GRA Chainsaw (Carbide Teeth, Heavy Duty Chain, Alloy Frame)
GRA Ripper (Carbide Teeth, Heavy Duty Chain)

Unarmed
New weapons
Embrace of the Mantis King! (Unique Mantis Gauntlet)
Greased Lightning (Unique Power Fist)
Two-Step Goodbye (Unique Ballistic Fist)

GRA Power Fist (Chromed Tubes, High Cap Valves, Ported Chambers)

Achievements

skKfV.jpg

Up to the Challenge - Completed any three Gun Runners' Arsenal (GRA) one star (*) Challenges.

WXP2p.jpg

Combat Veteran - Completed any three Gun Runners' Arsenal (GRA) two star (**) Challenges.

JOykX.jpg

Pros Only - Completed any three Gun Runners' Arsenal (GRA) three star (***) Challenges.

E7nfD.jpg

Master of the Arsenal - Caused 10,000 damage with Gun Runners' Arsenal (GRA) Weapons.

LMUo1.jpg

Curios and Relics - Caused 10,000 damage with unique Mojave Wasteland weapons.

References

GRA Catalog Preview 1 (Explosives and Energy Weapons): http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/09/22/two-tickets-to-the-gun-show/

GRA Catalog Preview 2 (Energy Weapons and Guns): http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/09/24/more-of-the-gun-runners-arsenal/

GRA Catalog Preview 3 (Guns and more Guns): http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/09/25/gun-runners-arsenal-preview-part-3/

GRA Catalog Preview 4 (Explosives and Guns): http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/09/26/bring-the-boom-with-gun-runners-arsenal/

GRA Catalog Preview 5 (Melee and Unarmed): http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/09/27/gun-runners-arsenal-couriers-stash-available-today/

Screenshots

bozar.jpg

tiny-tots.jpg

6078149728_4ace830ca2_o.jpg

End of sponsor message. Remember, buy a Bozar today! Only 27,000 Caps!

- Regular programming follows -

gMarL.png

Title: Fallout New Vegas DLC Vol4 - Lonesome Road
Release Date: Sept 20th 2011
Platforms: Steam/Xbox Live Marketplace/Playstation Store
Price: $9.99/800 Points/$9.99

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/games/fnv-dlc.php

Description:
In Lonesome Road you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of Fallout: New Vegas. Ulysses promises the answer as to why he didn’t take the job, but only if you make one last journey into the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. It's up to you whether you take the job or not.

Preview + Holotape #1: http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/09/06/lonesome-road-holotape-1-big-mt-1/

We’re still two weeks weeks from the release of Lonesome Road. To get you ready, each week we’ll be releasing a new holotape.

To set the stage, here’s Lonesome Road’s project director, Mr. Chris Avellone…

Lonesome Road brings the DLC story arc to a close – events that were first hinted at in New Vegas and Dead Money come to pass, as the last of the DLC cast of characters, Ulysses, reveals himself. For a time, we just introduced him through the perspectives of other characters, a description of another Courier who wore an Old World flag on his back, and in Old World Blues, a mysterious figure who marked his presence through graffiti and holotapes left in the Big Empty.

But those holotapes weren’t the only recordings. Ulysses carried more on his journey back to the Divide, and used them to chronicle his past and yours. As your Courier will discover in Lonesome Road, these recordings of Ulysses are buried in the wreckage and storms of the Divide. As you walk the road, you’ll have a chance to hear the history of the courier who has spent years hunting you down.

This is the first of a series of holotapes your Courier may find in the Divide. While we, as developers only knew a few things for certain about your player character’s history, Ulysses can shed more light on past events – and events to come.

Ulysses_BigMT_0001

Preview + Holotape #2: http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/09/13/lonesome-road-holotape-2/

A week from release, Chris Avellone returns to discuss the second holotape you’ll discover in Lonesome Road…

The Fallout New Vegas DLCs have been a unique opportunity to do short stories in the Fallout universe, and a rare opportunity to know, for certain, you’re going to be able to do a series of adventures, with a clear ending. As a narrative designer that allows you to do something rare in the game industry – foreshadowing across multiple titles.

As an experiment, we decided to use this opportunity to tell an overarching story in the Fallout universe, and let the player see firsthand the wreckage left behind in the tracks of two couriers, from your Courier, to Elijah, to Christine, to the Sierra Madre, to Graham and the White Legs, to the Old World madness of the Big Empty… and lastly, the road that leads into the heart of the Divide and the player’s past through Ulysses’ eyes.

This is the second holotape your Courier can discover in Lonesome Road, and helps put Ulysses’ journey to Big MT in Old World Blues in perspective. It was another accident sparked by what happened at the Divide, with far-ranging consequences.

Ulysses_BigMT_0002

Preview + Holotape #3: http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/09/19/lonesome-road-holotape-3/

With less than a day until the release of Lonesome Road, we’re sharing one final holotape. After this, you’re on your own to find the rest.

Once more, here’s project director Chris Avellone…

The past can be difficult to escape from. If you’ve played Honest Hearts, not only will you have heard hints of Ulysses’ presence, you will have seen the results of what he’s done in the past that helped shape the White Legs, from their armaments to their rituals. The knowledge your Courier can find in the Divide can help put the tragedies of the past in a larger perspective.

History follows strange roads, and it can follow you no matter how far you walk. This is the third of several holotapes your Courier can discover in Lonesome Road, and helps shed more light on New Canaan, the White Legs, and Graham.

The rest of the holotapes? They are for your Courier to find in the Divide. Perhaps the history within them holds the key to the future.

Ulysses_WhiteLegs_0001

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KICszQNDUOA

Extra DLC Packs coming on Sept 27th 2011:

Courier's Stash
Description:
Courier’s Stash (Xbox LIVE for 160 Microsoft points, PlayStation Network and Steam for $1.99) gives players immediate access to four content bundles previously available only through pre-ordering Fallout: New Vegas. The Caravan Pack, Classic Pack, Mercenary Pack and Tribal Pack each offer unique weapons, apparel and aid advantages that will help you throughout your journey.

Gun Runner's Arsenal
Description:
Gun Runners’ Arsenal (Xbox LIVE for 320 Microsoft points, PlayStation Network and Steam for $3.99) increases the range of unique weapons, weapon mods, ammo types and recipes waiting to be uncovered in the vast Mojave Wasteland.

Among the unqiue weapons added are the Bozar, an all-powerful 5.56mm Light Machine Gun, the Smitty Special, an overwhelming variant of the Plasma Caster, the MFC Cluster mine, the Esther, a unique Mini Nuke Launcher, and the ridiculous Nuka Breaker – a new melee weapon made from a Nuka-Cola neon sign. In total Gun Runners’ Arsenal adds 27 new weapons, 40 new weapon modifications for existing weapons, 18 new new recipes, and 29 new ammo types — including the 12 Ga. Dragon’s Breath, Hive Missiles, and 25mm/40mm Plasma Grenades. Finally, Gun Runners’ Arsenal also adds more than 20 all-new challenges to the Mojave Wasteland.

Screens: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/art/fnv-screenshots1.php

FONV-Lonesome-Road-Screenshot-05B.jpg

FONV-Lonesome-Road-Screenshot-04B.jpg

FONV-Lonesome-Road-Screenshot-03B.jpg

FONV-Lonesome-Road-Screenshot-02B.jpg

FONV-Lonesome-Road-Screenshot-01B.jpg

Lothars

I am really looking forward to this my only complaint is that the release date is the same as gears 3 and I know I will be playing that.

-BLITZ-

Oh yeah! I always wanted Fallout to look like in this art.
concept02B.jpg

Falling ruins of big buildings. I'm very impressed by this DLC and I don't know why, but I think this map will be huge having a lot more content.

nice!

still addicted to Dead Island, plan to start a new playthrough new vegas and all the DLC afterwards.

new vegas in 3d vision, deus ex and now dead island make pc gaming awesome right now

So I thought that Ulysses was going to the Divide for weather station purposes. But after watching that trailer and seeing the huge ICBM's, I don't know anymore. He said he got answers he wasn't looking for in Big MT, maybe he is referring to those ICBMs and how to use them? Can't wait to play this DLC.

29 new ammo types for the Gun Runners pack is also pretty awesome. I love using the reloading bench in New Vegas and having more recipes and ammo types to work with is going to be great.

Last Day One purchases of the year- I love the support this fantastic game has gotten, though the idea of these being "short stories" in the Wasteland is kind of thin.... Besides dialog points with some characters, the connections are "meh". Kind of wished for more crossover, but that definitely wouldn't work with some players buying certain DLC packs over others.

Still. More FNV= more of my money.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
at some point next year i need to buy a New Vegas GOTY edition and play through it... this stuff looks so good

also, funny that they used "The Road" font for the cover

njean777

Hopefully with this dlc they fix the ps3 problems, oh who am I kidding it will probably add more. But still can not wait for it.

An-Det

Good shit. Assuming Courier's Stash and Gun Runner's Arsenal are the last dlc, I'll finally play New Vegas soon. I've been waiting for all the dlc to release so I can play it all at once, really looking forward to jumping into Fallout again.

Watched the trailer against my better judgement.... AND I WAS BLOWN AWAY. What an environ to explore. That's how ruins should look like.... Almost wish Fallout 4 team would take notice. (And that it would only be Obsidian haha)

The 20th needs to hurry the fuck up and get here already.

EDIT: So do you get to have companions in this or not? The trailer seems quite clear on that, but the trophies/achievements
has one for upgrading ED-E.

Fjordson

So hyped for this. Old World Blues was amazing. Going to have some extra points on my Live account so I'll probably grab that Gun Runners DLC as well.

A bit sad this is going to be the last DLC for New Vegas. Such a great game.

This is the track they use in the trailer. One of my favourites from Fallout.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Saint10118 said:
Absolutely cannot wait. New Vegas and it's DLC have been truly something special, and the end will be so bittersweet.

Indeed it will be. I'd honestly lap up more and more of this. I've scarcely put New Vegas down since last year, and I'm sad to see it coming to an end, though excited to see the conclusion also.

Please do another one, Obsidian. Please!

Darkgran

Will get day 1.

Seriously the amount of content in New Vegas and the DLC packs is amazing. I love this game it blows Fallout 3 away.

Sober

Since I haven't bought anything yet, I am super hyped for LR. Not gonna like but even the Gun Runner's DLC pack sounds pretty good (yes I know there are plenty of additional weapon mods, but still).

I cannot wait to see how this ends! Plus they are obviously hiding what Ulysses looks like, so I am hoping for some major reveal of who he really is.

Plus, come on! The BOZAR is back!!

830px-GRA_03.jpg

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Mutagenic said:
Excited. The only DLC I've yet to play is Dead Money, which I'll hurry up and finish before this.
Just started it myself and I've found it the weakest of the three.

Fjordson

Shortt Sirket said:
I cannot wait to see how this ends! Plus they are obviously hiding what Ulysses looks like, so I am hoping for some major reveal of who he really is.
There is some concept art of Ulysses that shows his face, though I think it's pre-release stuff when he was going to be a companion.

IoCaster

I still haven't finished all of the quests in the base game. When I hit a dry spell next year I'll grab all of the DLC and make a straight run through the game with a fresh character. My gaming HDD is top-filled with so many great games right now. I'm struggling to find the time to play them all.

hemtae

I'll probably sit this one out for a while and wait for a month-ish after the weapon packs release then mod my game to hell then make a play through

Plasmid

Gonna buy day one, but won't play for about a week because of gears 3.

It seems in the trailer you actually are fighting ulysses?

MAN IM GONNA LOVE THIS, New vegas was probably my GOTY for 2010 and the DLC just kept me going.

Wallach

Shortt Sirket said:

Plus, come on! The BOZAR is back!!

Damn straight. Unfortunately that means I'm waiting a little bit longer for LR since they can't seem to get both DLCs out on the same day.

Sawyer better not have fucked up my gun either.

Putting off Gears of War 3 to play this, can't wait!!! If its anywhere near as good as Old World Blues I'm not gonna be going to class that day.

zerotol

Banned
This looks pretty good. Damn, the release date though... Gears 3, Resident Evil 4 and Lonesome Road all on the same day. I'm gonna have to manage all of these somehow.

Not digging the shot of Ulysses in front of the missile(?). Hope he isn't just trying to destroy the world or some nonsense like that, especially after all this buildup.

duckroll

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/09/19/lonesome-road-holotape-3/

With less than a day until the release of Lonesome Road, we’re sharing one final holotape. After this, you’re on your own to find the rest.

Once more, here’s project director Chris Avellone…

The past can be difficult to escape from. If you’ve played Honest Hearts, not only will you have heard hints of Ulysses’ presence, you will have seen the results of what he’s done in the past that helped shape the White Legs, from their armaments to their rituals. The knowledge your Courier can find in the Divide can help put the tragedies of the past in a larger perspective.

History follows strange roads, and it can follow you no matter how far you walk. This is the third of several holotapes your Courier can discover in Lonesome Road, and helps shed more light on New Canaan, the White Legs, and Graham.

The rest of the holotapes? They are for your Courier to find in the Divide. Perhaps the history within them holds the key to the future.

Ulysses_WhiteLegs_0001

This final tape ties very nicely into Honest Hearts. It's nice to see all the DLC going full circle with Lonesome Road. OMG!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom