• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really have no idea just how true this is.

It's funny how every time I send cancellation requests to AmiAmi, it's always the last time.

Speaking of which, time to plan my next round of cancellations. I just ordered Nendo Beatrice and Renge. And Elsa is a definite buy when she goes up.

:D

:(

Ultimadrago

Welp, the two figures on my curiosity list at this point are:

Max Factory's "Venera-sama". I've never seen the show, but the sculpt looks fantastic
(the price will be less than fantastic)

Kotobukiya's Tali Bishoujou. I'm less certain on this one because my appreciation of bishoujou runs very sporadic (leaning towards complete indifference 95% of the time). I like Tali, but to believe this will be the figure to make me care about bishoujou is a suspect conclusion at best.

Kotobukiya's Tali Bishoujou. I'm less certain on this one because my appreciation of bishoujou runs very sporadic (leaning towards complete indifference 95% of the time). I like Tali, but to believe this will be the figure to make me care about bishoujou is a suspect conclusion at best.

In perfect world, I would buy only bishoujo and occasional Nendo.

Cheska

I know there are some of there Sideshow enthusiasts around here, wasn't sure if you guys saw or talked about the Power Girl revision. I like the face sculpture much better than the one they announced her with. I'm sure they'll still use that head for the exclusive edition.

preview_PowerGirlPF2.jpg

ALSO YAY for Wonder Woman being just around the corner :O

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I know there are some of there Sideshow enthusiasts around here, wasn't sure if you guys saw or talked about the Power Girl revision. I like the face sculpture much better than the one they announced her with. I'm sure they'll still use that head for the exclusive edition.

Wow looks great, first head-sculpt wasn't bad, kinda milfy, but this ones miles better, sorta looks like Kim Bauer from 24, which works very well for the character. No room for her though, the Court of the Dead PF's have my soul and my 1/4th scale space...

I do regret not getting the Power Girl bishoujo when I had the chance, I kept procrastinating thinking I could get her cheaper if I waited, blinked and she was twice the price.

What DO I have preordered for the rest of the year?

Hm oh just two figures, Mitsunari (which just got delayed to December) and Nanami (which will probably get delayed to whenever).

Also got the Haikyuu Hinata nendo in January.

I still need to get off my lazy butt and pre-order Slayyyyy.

george_us

The old face sculpt looked a bit too "milf-y" like someone else said, but this one looks great. Too bad I've already got Kier preordered though.

I do regret not getting the Power Girl bishoujo when I had the chance, I kept procrastinating thinking I could get her cheaper if I waited, blinked and she was twice the price.
PG was the second bishoujo I bought and, to this day, she's still my favorite. Incredible figure and definitely worth a high price imo.

OT1's wall of shame:
  1. Freezasaurus Posts: 2,944 ↑3 positions
  2. johnsmith Posts: 1,134 = same position
  3. chrono01 Posts: 1,111 ↑4 positions
  4. Bombless Posts: 1,078 ↑Up from below the wall
  5. LiK Posts: 1,043 ↓2 positions
  6. Ragingnight Posts: 976 ↓1 position
  7. kewlmyc Posts: 757 ↑Up from below the wall
  8. DeadRockstar Posts: 471 ↑Up from below the wall
  9. Snkfanatic Posts: 459 ↑Up from below the wall
  10. Samurai_Heart Posts: 433 ↑3 positions
  11. RMI Posts: 379 ↑Up from below the wall
  12. GuardianE Posts: 353 ↑Up from below the wall
  13. Giolon Posts: 338 ↑2 positions
  14. george_us Posts: 331 ↑Up from below the wall
  15. cajunator Posts: 328 ↓7 positions
  16. Razgriz-Specter Posts: 311 ↓5 positions
  17. Toki767 Posts: 284 ↑Up from below the wall
  18. javac Posts: 255 ↑Up from below the wall
  19. Ken Posts: 243 ↓3 positions
  20. Rafa=FedKilla Posts: 238 ↑Up from below the wall
OT2's wall of shame:
  1. Freezasaurus Posts: 2,419 = same position
  2. Bombless Posts: 981 ↑2 positions
  3. Snkfanatic Posts: 979 ↑6 from below the wall
  4. chrono01 Posts: 958 ↓1 position
  5. kewlmyc Posts: 867 ↑1 position
  6. Einbroch Posts: 807 ↑Up from below the wall
  7. Samurai_Heart Posts: 663 ↑3 positions
  8. Ragingnight Posts: 595 ↓2 positions
  9. Ken Posts: 532 ↑10 positions
  10. Ultimadrago Posts: 521 ↑Up from below the wall
  11. omlet Posts: 471 ↑Up from below the wall
  12. Ryuuroden Posts: 467 ↑Up from below the wall
  13. dakkumauji Posts: 461 ↑Up from below the wall
  14. cajunator Posts: 449 ↑1 position
  15. johnsmith Posts: 391↓13 positions
  16. LiK Posts: 389 ↓11 positions
  17. raven777 Posts: 349 ↑Up from below the wall
  18. Giolon Posts: 340 ↓5 positions
  19. george_us Posts: 333 ↓5 positions
  20. javac Posts: 281 ↓2 positions

Congrats to the people who made it onto the wall, you live in infamy here ;D, was a close one between Bombless and Snkfanatic; 2 post difference =P. Can see some people have posted less from the last thread and probably understandable, the earlier people more or less ran out of space to display/store the figures XD.

What DO I have preordered for the rest of the year?

Hm oh just two figures, Mitsunari (which just got delayed to December) and Nanami (which will probably get delayed to whenever).

Also got the Haikyuu Hinata nendo in January.

I still need to get off my lazy butt and pre-order Slayyyyy.

I have the haikyuu nendo on preorder

otherwise my rest is
Ittoki Otoya Nap Cushion
Ittoki Otoya Bookmarks
Syo Kurusu Bookmarks
Free! Fanbook
Ittoki Otoya 2000% plushi
Rin Matsuoka cloth

I'll work real hard to get on the wall next time. Th-then maybe sempai will notice me.

Don't have a lot of figure purchases lined up, though. Finances are tight. The only four I have are:

1/6 Zettai Reiko PVC by Mouse Unit
1/8 Alisha PVC by Alter
Figma Red Pyramid Thing/Pyramid Head
Figma Kinomoto Sakura

I want more plastic! My craving, how it grows!

Bombless

I said I should try and tally my orders for the remainder of the year and 2015. The new thread is a perfect place and time for this.

Let's see :

November :
figma Racing Miku Mirai
Racing Miku Mirai bike
figma Chariot
nendo Sakura Kinomoto (*shakes fist at Meijiko*)
nendo Renge Miyauchi (*shakes fist at...erm...most of FigureGAF*)
Tieria Erde
Nxedge Strike Freedom Gundam

December aka the I HAVE TO PAY HOW MUCH?!? month :
Phat Satsuki-sama (please don't be delayed x10)
figma Hana Isuzu
figma Motoko Kusanagi
bishoujo Jubilee (!!!)
Yuki Mori Pilot ver.
Beelzebub
Mammon

January 2015 :
figma Nagato
Nxedge Destiny Gundam
Yasuna & Sonia (Kill me baby!)
Phat Takao (best girl, best figure of her)
nendo Erica Fontaine + Koubu-F2

February 2015 :
Satan (the 7th and last of the Seven Deadly Sins....until the other 2 go up for preorder)
figma Sinon
nendo Batman
Yurishaaaaaaaaaa

March 2015 :
figma Amatsukaze

April 2015 aka This is almost worse than December 2014 :
Himeji Castle
Yamato Heavy Arms

May 2015 :
figma Mutsu

June 2015 :
Satsuki-sama Senketsu ver.

Hmm. Let's see if I'll manage to keep 2015 in such a light state.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

kewlmyc

OT2's wall of shame:
  1. Freezasaurus Posts: 2,419 = same position
  2. Bombless Posts: 981 ↑2 positions
  3. Snkfanatic Posts: 979 ↑6 from below the wall
  4. chrono01 Posts: 958 ↓1 position
  5. kewlmyc Posts: 867 ↑1 position
  6. Einbroch Posts: 807 ↑Up from below the wall
  7. Samurai_Heart Posts: 663 ↑3 positions
  8. Ragingnight Posts: 595 ↓2 positions
  9. Ken Posts: 532 ↑10 positions
  10. Ultimadrago Posts: 521 ↑Up from below the wall
  11. omlet Posts: 471 ↑Up from below the wall
  12. Ryuuroden Posts: 467 ↑Up from below the wall
  13. dakkumauji Posts: 461 ↑Up from below the wall
  14. cajunator Posts: 449 ↑1 position
  15. johnsmith Posts: 391↓13 positions
  16. LiK Posts: 389 ↓11 positions
  17. raven777 Posts: 349 ↑Up from below the wall
  18. Giolon Posts: 340 ↓5 positions
  19. george_us Posts: 333 ↓5 positions
  20. javac Posts: 281 ↓2 positions

Congrats to the people who made it onto the wall, you live in infamy here ;D, was a close one between Bombless and Snkfanatic; 2 post difference =P. Can see some people have posted less from the last thread and probably understandable, the earlier people more or less ran out of space to display/store the figures XD.

Freezasaurus needs to call the fuck down with the posting.

Has anyone ever had a problem with considering to order a figure based on how it looks, even though you've never seen the anime it's from?

It's slowly eating away at me

omlet

Has ever had a problem with considering to order a figure based on how it looks, even though you've never seen the anime it's from?

Problem?

Like half my collection is stuff I got based on liking the look of it despite knowing little to nothing about the source material.

Just accept it. You will sleep easier.

Has ever had a problem with considering to order a figure based on how it looks, even though you've never seen the anime it's from?

I was considering getting the 1/8 Aoba figure before I played the VN or watched the anime. Luckily the price drove me away, lol

Ultimadrago

Has anyone ever had a problem with considering to order a figure based on how it looks, even though you've never seen the anime it's from?

Yeah, it's one of my guidelines to not do this. Honestly, that lack of connection usually keeps me away from those figures rather easily. But every once in a while I'll see one from an unfamiliar source material and it'll nibble at me for a while because I like it so much.

So yes, I know that feeling, but it doesn't happen often.

Yeah, it's one of my guidelines to not do this. Honestly, that lack of connection usually keeps me away from those figures rather easily. But every once in a while I'll see one from an unfamiliar source material and it'll nibble at me for a while because I like it so much.

So yes, I know that feeling, but it doesn't happen often.

I follow the same guideline, I just need to breathe, resist the urge, and remind myself that I can't afford it this month.

Sometimes... But I wait until I've watched the anime and see if I like the character after that too.
I really hope I don't like KanColle next season >_>

For those curious, 21-40 for OT2 would have been:
21. Tempy 263
22. RMI 236
23. meijiko 235
24. MikeHattsu 232
25. GuardianE 230
26. Luigi87 201
26. ThePeoplesBureau 201
27. Arclaid 189
28. Settin 178
29. BGBW 164
29. StayDead 164
30. phoenix296 161
31. Meyneth 143
32. darklin0 136
33. Razgriz-Specter 125
34. WolfStark 124
35. Busaiku 113
36. Yaari 108
36. ShadowSoldier89 108
36. Professor Renegade 108
37. Baka Zeitgeist 106
38. Rafa=FedKilla 105
39. Dedication Through Light 102
40. RocBase 100
Edit: Coincidentally the top 40 are the ones who posted 100 or more times. Some of you also have rivals ;P

Ryuuroden

yeah, half of my collection is like that and honestly it's higher quality for it. Because I only get the best looking stuff I actually end up getting less in some ways. Even if I love an anime, if it's not an interesting figure I won't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom