• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know about the arm and leg it'll cost to get Ren. Thankfully I decided to just stick to DRRM! nendos.

I'm wading in the shallow Nendo waters right now. I'm afraid I may end up liking them more than scales. Who knows? At least they're cheaper.

Gunning for 2nd this time. Watch out Bomby

No way am I gonna pass Frezza >.>

Only if I continue my old trends. If I reply to a bunch of posts at once like this one, I may not be #1. In fact, that's my goal this time. To not be #1. :D

Top five tags:

01. long_hair (47)
02. large_breasts (36)
03. kotobukiya (33)
04. high_heels (30)
05. thighhighs (29)
06. boots (27)

Edit: If we're complaining about company names in the lists.... :p

Wanderer5

Still waiting for the Lucina page.;.;

Also I kind of want that Halloween Miku Nendoroid.XD She looks so adorable and I love Halloween. Looks like it too late to get her easily unsurprisingly. I should at least check out one or two of those Nendoroid maybe.:p

Giolon

Finding it hard to resist this:

yeRw7Ds.jpg

What has become of me.

Her face barely even resembles the character. Easy to not buy.

omlet

Oh are we doing MFC top-five-tags again for new thread? Mine's updated as of yesterday when canjun made me put that Laura figure on my wishlist. Top five after trimming the bad tags.

01. long_hair (17)
02. 1/8 (15)
03. flat_chest (15)
04. weapon (15)
05. alter (12)
06. thighhighs (12)
07. boots (10)

c'mon guys only count the real tags, not lame like company names, and scale size, otherwise it's no fun because those tags don't really mean anything!

01. long_hair (47)
02. large_breasts (36)
03. kotobukiya (33)
04. high_heels (30)
05. thighhighs (29)

It's like an alternate universe version of my list.

Giolon

MFC Profile

Top 5 Tags:

01. long_hair (52)
02. boots (45)
03. weapon (45)
04. large_breasts (41)
05. thighhighs (32)

I post all my pictures to my gallery there, so if there's any you want to go back and look for, that's where you'll find them.

Ultimadrago

Sticking to tangible descriptor tags (So no series or company names):

1. School Uniform (13) - Asides being connected to Nichijou, I really don't have a "thing" for school uniforms.

2. Short Hair (10) - The GOAT hair, so this is good.

3. Flat Chest (9) - The GOAT chest size, so this is good.

4. Brown Eyes (9) - Nichijou thing. Though I don't actively prioritize eye color in figures.

5. Open Mouth (8) - Just shows up in plenty of figures.

Essentially, Nichijou: The List (which makes sense as it's the actual #1 tag).

01. square_enix (13)
kotobukiya (9)
03. play_arts (9)
04. final_fantasy_vii:_adve... (7)
05. long_hair (7)
06. black_hair (6)

Square enix made all of the play arts, but makes sense to leave it to me because all of my play arts are square franchises

Ultimadrago

Here's mine

1. tengen_toppa_gurren_lagann
2. gainax
3. kaiyodo
4. revoltech
5. short_hair

I need to get more scaled figures

I'm thinking the same thing as well (while striving not to have a million figures). I don't have many scales at all, so I'm planning to sell off the Hidamari Sketch trading figures (and maybe a couple prize figures) I have and replace them with a couple of quality scales next year.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Has anyone ever had a problem with considering to order a figure based on how it looks, even though you've never seen the anime it's from?

It's slowly eating away at me

I buy things based on stuff I like, but I buy things just cause they are nice to look at too, can't keep up with everything all the time, and sometimes the figures come out before you can see what they are based on. A prime example is the Cathrine figure, bought the figure before playing the game, hate the game yet still love the figure.

Finding it hard to resist this:

yeRw7Ds.jpg

What has become of me.

Perfectly normal, I tried resisting and I ended up giving in. No shame, just more space galz.

01. long_hair (21)
02. large_breasts (12)
03. max_factory (12)
04. sword (12)
05. weapon (11)
06. cape (9)

I want to make a list of tags too from MFC but I don't want to list all the figures I have on MFC since that would take forever.

Especially with all the tiny figures I have.

StayDead

01. good_smile_company (69)
02. nendoron (46)
03. long_hair (40)
04. nendoroid (37)
05. nendoroid_petit (37)

I'm noticing a trend here.

Although I need to update my fc.

I'm thinking the same thing as well (while striving not to have a million figures). I don't have many scales at all, so I'm planning to sell off the Hidamari Sketch trading figures (and maybe a couple prize figures) I have and replace them with a couple of quality scales next year.

Hidamari figures you say?

Bombless

Went and updated my MFC profile. Currently at work so there might be one or two I missed but otherwise I'm at 97 items. Which means I'll be past 100 once the October Amiami box gets here. In Theoden's words : "How did it come to this?

Bonus :

01. long_hair (31)
max_factory (24)
03. thighhighs (22)
04. female_figure (21)
05. short_hair (21)
kotobukiya (20)
07. large_breasts (20)

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I just noticed two things...

1. All my female figures have long hair, the Jason bishoujo having the shortest.
2. There is a distinct lack of "Great_Butt" in any of these listings, really should be a category...

Settin

I just noticed two things...

1. All my female figures have long hair, the Jason bishoujo having the shortest.
2. There is a distinct lack of "Great_Butt" in any of these listings, really should be a category...
I added great_butt to Arshes Nei and Mammon. Go nuts.

Danferno

01. long_hair (17)
03. blond_hair (11)
05. sword (10)
06. thighhighs (10)
07. large_breasts (9)
09. belly_button (8)

That last one cracks me up for some reason. Perhaps most indicative of my tastes:

12. george_kamitani (7)

Bombless

01. long_hair (17)
03. blond_hair (11)
05. sword (10)
06. thighhighs (10)
07. large_breasts (9)
09. belly_button (8)

That last one cracks me up for some reason. Perhaps most indicative of my tastes:

12. george_kamitani (7)

This man right here has excellent taste.

01. free! (55)
04. nanase_haruka (31)
06. hazuki_nagisa (29)
07. matsuoka_rin (28)
08. tachibana_makoto (28)
09. ryuugazaki_rei (27)
10. male_figure (19)
11. uta_no☆prince-sama♪ (18)
12. short_hair (17)

I never knew I had a thing for short hair. Otherwise not surprised at my top non companies.

41. brown_hair (5)

Eh, not my favorite hair colour.

Zombine

Banned
It's actually very useful to keep track of your madnesscollection. You can also list orders, which allows for an easy way to keep tabs on your spending.
I do not do this.

Is it just for Waifu's, or does it include other sorts of statues?

My account would be awfully small compared to everyone else :(
It's not the size that matters.
It is the size that matters

They stick to things made by Japanese manufacturers. So Kotobukiya-made stuff is in the database, but not DC Direct, Funko, or anything like that. They also have other things, like keychains, CD soundtracks, artbooks, etc. etc. Anything dealing with Japanese animu or video games.

Giolon

It only includes products from Japanese companies or of Japan-originating properties. So for instance, you'll see some Disney characters stemming from Kingdom Hearts, but you won't find Hot Toys Iron Man. You will find the Iron Man figma, however.

Anony

j5TJbrN.jpg

haven't been active here lately, but here's a shitty pic of what I go last month (or was it 2 months ago?)
i have no space for this so it remains unopened.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I added great_butt to Arshes Nei and Mammon. Go nuts.

LOL didn't know you could do that, awesome...

Added:
Tharja
Ignis
Queen's Blade Siggy
Lineage II Dark Elf
Sansei Muramasa Race Queen
She-Hulk
Yurisha Iscandar
Mori Yuki
Ms. Marvel Binary version

cajunator

Banned
It's actually very useful to keep track of your madnesscollection. You can also list orders, which allows for an easy way to keep tabs on your spending.
I do not do this.

I use that a lot. Very useful to know what the hell I ordered and when.

j5TJbrN.jpg

haven't been active here lately, but here's a shitty pic of what I go last month (or was it 2 months ago?)
i have no space for this so it remains unopened.

Lovely box!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom