• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.
So someone posted here that they are in Chapter 9 with about 65 hours under their belt I kinda called bullshit on the guy (to myself). Well I'm in chapter 9 now at 62 hours and not even half done. Welp.

Gongaga might actually be my favorite region so far. Cool music, funny sidequests, interesting story implications, good bossfights and a totally different kind of open world. Its incredible that they switch up their design like that. The game really keeps on giving.

I have a question regarding the Corel region:

I have done everything in the region except for the last 2 stages of the proto relic. I gave my contact information to the goblin. Is this triggering later in the story or do I have to do something in the region to trigger the last two section. I have not done the protorelic stuff in Gongaga yet.
Yes, you will be notified later when it's available.

Belthazar

Anyone finding the 4th open world area a bit overwhelming? Not that it's massive or anything, but due to the biomes's type it really lacks any sort of landmarks and because of that I'm finding it really hard to navigate without constantly looking at the map. It looks stunning, tho.

Anyone finding the 4th open world area a bit overwhelming? Not that it's massive or anything, but due to the biomes's type it really lacks any sort of landmarks and because of that I'm finding it really hard to navigate without constantly looking at the map. It looks stunning, tho.
Yeah IMO the most difficult to explore and meander.

NeoLed

The weapons have individual level numbers and get upgraded, which earns SP

Maybe that’s it?
All weapon share levels. It increased by the character's SP. Char gain SP when leveled up and from the scriptures. Some chars have more SP because we gain scriptures for that character from sidequest or purchasing it at British Koala emporium

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I keep coming back in between other stuff that I need to finish before I really dedicate myself, but man

GQqiXLK.jpg

Beauty

TheAssist

So far its my favorite. I like that they changed it up. Would be boring if every region just felt exactly the same. Also, I dont notice the bad textures and pop in so much in this region. It feels much more "stable". It just feels relaxing going through it and exploring. Also it feels much more like exploring because you cant just see everything from a higher vantage point.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
The whole time I'm playing I just keep saying "I love this game". Currently wrapping up all the side activities in Corel, went back to the Saucer, cleared every Chocobo race, hoping the next tier opens up the next story chapter. Cait Sith is low key a beast in battle, no pun intended. Once you call in the Moogle you can absolutely dominate with high pressure, hard hitting moves. I'd say Aerith is least satisfying to control overall but that doesn't mean she can't decimate the battlefield, she absolutely can but I just find her combat feel boring.

Mikey Jr.

Any queens blood tips? I fucking suck at this shit. I'm at junon and these twins fucked me up.

I understand queens blood and it's rules. But my fucking primitive monkey brain can't put it together to actually win. I always win by pure luck. Any helpful advice?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Reached chapter 11. Chapter 10 was really amazing. I think I need a break because this game is huge.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Any queens blood tips? I fucking suck at this shit. I'm at junon and these twins fucked me up.

I understand queens blood and it's rules. But my fucking primitive monkey brain can't put it together to actually win. I always win by pure luck. Any helpful advice?

Get more real estate quick, try to shut your opponent down from getting more spaces, rather than filling all the back slots first. Once you have more blocks with your pips on them, you can start filling them up at your leisure.

That's what I do.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Get better cards or rearrange your deck. Put some cards like Security Officer, Titan, Chocobo and mog in your deck. Mulligan anything that has 2 or more pawn points. As others say, acquire spaces first. The twins are very beatable with cards from the Grasslands shop and the Junon shop, as well as rewards from Kalm players.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Looks like the patch will come as i predicted, when everyone is done with the game. Thankfully i have no problem with the graphics mode and it looks really good.

I know! this is why having hard time when so many good games coming out back to back this year.

I'm in the same position. I'm not having a hard time though it's a great time. I have so many great games just lined up and ready for me to play. I haven't even touch SM2 yet. Normally after I beat a game I have to look through my backlog and really think about which game to play next and sometimes I'm not even sure if I want to play XXX game next. Now? It's me making very hard choices after beating one game as to which game I go to next. So many AAA block busters.

Thaedolus

So I tried giving fidelity mode another shot after some of the really jarring blur/low fidelity in performance. After I get over the initial sluggish feeling of playing it in slow motion, I think I may actually prefer it here. The disparity in image quality is pretty huge. It’s certainly a trade off, and turning VRR on and off makes no difference that I can tel on my C1, but if I keep from panning the camera around too fast all the time, the juddery look isn’t too bad. It feels like an acceptable tradeoff here whereas in a game like TLOU where you’re constantly scanning back and forth for supplies and trying to nail headshots, unlocked performance is far and away the better choice. I think I’m gonna stick with fidelity from here on.

Belthazar

Any tips on playing Cait Sith? It's just not clicking with me and I'm trying to use all characters during my first playthrough.

Mikey Jr.

Get better cards or rearrange your deck. Put some cards like Security Officer, Titan, Chocobo and mog in your deck. Mulligan anything that has 2 or more pawn points. As others say, acquire spaces first. The twins are very beatable with cards from the Grasslands shop and the Junon shop, as well as rewards from Kalm players.

Wait, start my game with only 1 pawn point?

Maybe that's my problem. I am super conservative. I focus on getting power up first and then build out.

Should I focus my deck on cards that cap a lot of spaces or that have more power?

Nydius

I’m almost through Cosmo Canyon/Chapter 10 and I’m really starting to hit my limit with the open world fluff and TOO MANY mini games. Sometimes I wonder if this is a fantasy RPG or a mini game collection because every damn time I make further progress the game throws even more mini games in the way.

Need to advance the plot? Do this mini game.
Side mission? Mini game.
Open world collect-a-thon quest? Mini game.
Relationship building? Mini game.

I get that the original game had fan favorite mini games with G Bike, snowboarding, and Chocobo Racing but they’ve gone overboard with Rebirth.

Chadley needs to get a brutal and horrific death in Part 3. The kid gotta go.

Absolutely agreed. I didn’t mind him in Remake because he was a minor character to facilitate summons and materia but they’ve turned him into a constant annoyance.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Same with Kyrie and all the other annoying characters.
Kyrie at least has the advantage of being a character initially introduced in a side novel, where she's characterized much better - so it's easier going into if you have past examples of her having an actual character to supplement her video game uh....deficiencies. Same with Leslie and his missing fiancé (I think her name is Marl in the novel, little wonder they left her unnamed in Remake so as to avoid confusion with another prominent tertiary character, Marle.)

Edit: reminds me of the Before Crisis reference in chapter one. I've only played the RPG Maker approximation of the game, but the script is completely faithful to the inaccessible retail title. In Rebirth, you can go into Tifa's kitchen and examine a food tray on the floor. She'll go on to mention her cat, Fluffy, who had a tendency of wandering off. In Before Crisis, your Turk character initially runs into Tifa on Mount Nibel searching for...her runaway cat. I *LOVE* references like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom