• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
diddlyD said:
i'm currently annoyed how the game pushes you to be so reliant on auto attack due to things moving so fast

Huh? It doesn't do that though. If it's moving too fast for you, that's not the games fault. Go into the options and make the ATB slow and it won't be an issue at all for you.

I have it on normal speed and I haven't used auto-battle since the first 20 minutes of the game. That's there just to make the game easier. It's not fun at all.

Teknoman

omg rite said:
Huh? It doesn't do that though. If it's moving too fast for you, that's not the games fault. Go into the options and make the ATB slow and it won't be an issue at all for you.

I have it on normal speed and I haven't used auto-battle since the first 20 minutes of the game. That's there just to make the game easier. It's not fun at all.

This. Never used auto battle unless...well if I knew I was just going to do attack x4 anyway. Just relax and think about what you want to do.

ZeoVGM

Banned
And I got my first tier 2 weapon! Upgraded the Galdius to Helter-skelter. I'm currently doing some CP/gil farming near the start of chapter 9. I might do this for a couple more hours actually. Definitely until everyone's Crystariums are maxed out and then maybe a little longer. Probably until I get Helter-skelter maxed out.

Where can I get the Trapezohedron to upgrade to Omega Weapon?

ElFly said:
Doesn't work.

What I did was start out the battle double sabouter then quickly switch over to sab/sen. At least Fang gets a few hits in even if she just stops doing stuff. Plus, you get an atb bonus if you do it right.

Zzoram

Dresden said:
Wait... you can make the ATB slow? :lol

It's in the options, Slow or Normal are you only choices. Older FF games usually had a Wait option that would stop the enemy ATB if yours was full and you hadn't picked anything yet.

Dresden

Zzoram said:
It's in the options, Slow or Normal are you only choices. Older FF games usually had a Wait option that would stop the enemy ATB if yours was full and you hadn't picked anything yet.
I'm going to try out Slow then. Can't believe I missed it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
What I did was start out the battle double sabouter then quickly switch over to sab/sen. At least Fang gets a few hits in even if she just stops doing stuff. Plus, you get an atb bonus if you do it right.

Yep. FFs have basically had that option since the 90's. :lol

You can also set what you want your cursor to default to: Auto-battle or Abilities.

Dresden

omg rite said:
Yep. FFs have basically had that option since the 90's. :lol

You can also set what you want your cursor to default to: Auto-battle or Abilities.
Wait, so I've been pressing Down unnecessarily at the start of every battle, for the last twenty hours??? :lol

I need to check out the options.

Kronotech

Ch 6 so far. I'm actually enjoying the split storylines. Gives you more character depth and different interactions depending on who is with whom.

Not a fan of the overly poppy music throughout the entire game... eesh.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Generally speaking, auto-battle is the way to go, except for when you only have one healer in a set.

If that's the case, I use Lightning as healer (and I control her). The game pretty much does itself :D except for a few kinks.

Cloudy said:
Is there a reason the PSICOM folks put people they're purging in those silly cloaks?

I would guess that it's a way of dehumanizing them. Take away being able to look into their faces and they just become a faceless group of 'acceptable losses'.

Dresden

KuwabaraTheMan said:
I would guess that it's a way of dehumanizing them. Take away being able to look into their faces and they just become a faceless group of 'acceptable losses'.
I don't know, that sounds too deep for Final Fantasy. The cloaks are there to make them look kawaii.

Dra-Q

Banned
Cloudy said:
OT: Is Versus XIII a real RPG or a shitty pseudo-action game?

Look at Kingdom Hearts' gameplay and add some metrosexual characters to the story line.
Et voilà, Versus XIII.

Cloudy

Banned
Dra-Q said:
Look at Kingdom Hearts' gameplay and add some metrosexual characters to the story line.
Et voilà, Versus XIII.

Any gameplay vids? The CG looks epic but it just reeks of a letdown. KH is crap IMO so that's not promising :\

Cep

Banned
KuwabaraTheMan said:

:lol .

No.

ElFly

cosmicblizzard said:

Sab/sab doesn't work for me; Fang just stands there doing nothing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there a upgrade guide or faq somewhere?

I'm trying to upgrade the Collector's Catalog/Good Choice to the Connoisseur's Catalog/Best Choice, but I have no idea what I need.

ElFly said:
Doesn't work.
I just got through there. Sab for Vanille and spam pain or any debuffs while Fang lures it away from you. Heal Fang when she's dying and repeat.

I tried tons of method but this is the only one that worked.

firehawk12 said:

I'm trying to upgrade the Collector's Catalog/Good Choice to the Connoisseur's Catalog/Best Choice, but I have no idea what I need.
It's the stone that cost 60,000 Gil in the store.

Gamer @ Heart said:
Does setting it to slow effect the time target for battles? It must right?
Nope just enemy speed. The time target can only be effected by the item Gold Watch which you get on one of the last missions.

entremet

ElFly said:
Sab/sab doesn't work for me; Fang just stands there doing nothing.
Sab/Sen and Med/Sen. Make sure you've upgraded Vanille's ATB to one level. It's in the Med or Sab grid. I forget which. The extra ATB level will help you build up the Gestalt meter quicker.

shwimpy

Can't believe it took me 3 tries to finally figure out how to beat the Chapter 12 end boss... so easy...

Chapter 13 here I come... btw, do I have to beat the final boss before I can go back to Pulse to farm CP? I feel so underleveled since I haven't done any farming so far. I'm kinda surprised I'm this far into the game. :D

JEKKI

firehawk12 said:

there's a guide on gamefaqs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928790&topic=53894478

also another thread reads:

Here is the basic deal, each component will have either a claw or bolt beside it. The claw items will raise the exp bonus while the bolt items will give more exp but reset the bonus.

Use claw items until the bonus is 3x then blow a lot of bolt items to maximize the bonus. Using this system, you should be able to level your items quite a bit. I personally prefer upgrading weapons to accesories, but thats just personal preference...

You probably wont be able to instantly get an ultimate weapon or anything, but the stats on the ultimate weapon depend on which weapon you chose to upgrade, there is a list somewhere talking about what each individual weapon becomes but I cannot remember where that is...

soujiro_seta said:
Where can i get me some of those?
Mission 7.

Before you start buy 3 of the lowest hp armors in the store. Keep beating the mission until you get a tetra crown or tetra tiara.

Save.

Dismantle all 3 of the armor you just bought, level up the crown or tiara and dismantle it. If you did it with Crown level it up and buy that 30,000 transforming stone to turn it into a sprint shoe. If you dismantled a tiara instead you don't need to but tiaras are rare as hell.

Zzoram

Kagari said:
I really hate how much the CP cost skyrocketed... really hate it.

Is it just me or does the CP cost of lower tiers go up as the story progresses? I think I left some things locked at lower tiers and got them later, but they cost a lot more CP than I remember that tier costing.

Einbroch said:
There are better enemies later, but yes, for anything during the game this is the best spot for gil/CP that I've come across.

For Gil - yes. Not for CP.
Next to mission 17 you have two mobs fighting. I can kill them in 9-10 seconds, they give 6600CP or 13 200 CP with Growth Egg. Next you run up and around the save point so they will respawn

You mean those 3 extra tiers? I think it's meant to be like that. I'm not even bothering adding CP to those. I got 400,000 waiting for Crystal level 9 tier. Possibly more by tomorrow.

Zzoram

Ballistictiger said:
Mission 7.

Before you start buy 3 of the lowest hp armors in the store. Keep beating the mission until you get a tetra crown or tetra tiara.

Save.

Dismantle all 3 of the armor you just bought, level up the crown or tiara and dismantle it. If you did it with Crown level it up and buy that 30,000 transforming stone to turn it into a sprint shoe. If you dismantled a tiara instead you don't need to but tiaras are rare as hell.

Could you explain why you do that?

I also don't understand what you mean. If you get a Tetra Crown, you level it up THEN dismantle it? Why?

Zzoram said:
Could you explain why you do that?

I also don't understand what you mean. If you get a Tetra Crown, you level it up THEN dismantle it? Why?
Because if you dismantle it before you level it up you get a shit item. Basically you guy 3 lowest armor and dismantle both, level up the tetra crown or tiara and then dismantle it to get the shoes.

I can't explain why but it works.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
As I said earlier in the thread, the process to get the shoes is fucking stupid as hell, but the shoes are invaluable after Chapter 11.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
JEKKI said:

Yeah, I'm just looking for a guide that shows the materials need to catalyze a "star weapon".

Strange though - to get any of the good gear, you need Gil. To get Gil, you need good gear. How does this make sense? Damn chicken and the egg.
Other than mission 24 on Chapter 11, it seems like post chapter 9, you're kind of screwed on the Gil farms.

Btw you can upgrade items pretty well repeating Mission 7 because the reward for repeating is 5 bomb fragments and those give good exp for items. Get like 99 of them and with 3x you'll level up your weapon in no time.

My weapon helter skelter went from level 24 to 60 in 2 hours today and at no cost :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom