• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrakier

Chapter 11:
I needed almost 25 minutes to win that fucking battle and it WAS BORING! I did the same thing over and over again for 25 minutes!! Change to healers, change to healers and attackers, change to attackers, change to healers. Seriously, Squeenix should fire all their game designers, this is horrible. Oh, and the beginning of chapter 12 was SO RANDOM I couldn't believe it. So random! Worst FF I've ever played by far, the only thing it has about FFX is that there are no random battles. Shin Megami Tensei forever!!

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Thrakier said:
Chapter 11:
I needed almost 25 minutes to win that fucking battle and it WAS BORING! I did the same thing over and over again for 25 minutes!! Change to healers, change to healers and attackers, change to attackers, change to healers. Seriously, Squeenix should fire all their game designers, this is horrible. Oh, and the beginning of chapter 12 was SO RANDOM I couldn't believe it. So random! Worst FF I've ever played by far, the only thing it has about FFX is that there are no random battles. Shin Megami Tensei forever!!

:lol :lol :lol
You could have beaten the boss in 5+ minutes.

I think I'm done with traditional JRPGs. All I want now is action RPGs like Demon Souls.

*Dreams of a day where there is 16 vs 16 medieval sword battling game that is similar to fps but not*

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Zzoram said:
1. Yes, at the end of Chapter 10 maybe, definitely in Chapter 11.

2. No, autobattle is completely automated. They pick their attacks based on what you've scanned about the enemy's weakness. They might be using Fira instead of Flamestrike because the enemy is resistant to phsyical attacks.
ah thanks.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Thrakier said:
How? I was maxed out with the main classes at this point?

There is pretty much a set way to beat any enemy if you set the correct paradigm.
I had fights last 10+ minutes only to retry them with a different strategy & beat in in 4 minutes or so.

Correct Buffs/Debuffs along with Sentinel are very important for harder enemies/bosses.

Firestorm

Ugh. How come this game got so terrible all of a sudden. Chapter 10 was absolute shit, now I'm on Chapter 11. I finally got the time to play for an hour after about a week of no games, and I spent it having NO FUN WHATSOEVER. Completely overpowered enemies that are beyond what I've been fighting for most of the game. This used to be the perfect game to go to when I had an hour or two to play per night. I made some progression, got some reward in the form of some satisfying battles + cg eye candy, then turned it off. My last hour was little to no progress, no reward, just frustration.

Who designed this game? Agh.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Thrakier said:
How? I was maxed out with the main classes at this point?

If you are with the guide, the strategy on the guide are shit for that boss.

Light/Fang/Hope

Bully - (Commando / Saboteur / Synergist)
Diversity - (Ravenger / Commando / Medic)
Tireless Change - (Commando / Commando / Medic)
Discretion - (Medic / Commando / Medic)

Start With Bully, Until buffed and debuffed the boss.
Diversity to build up the chain.
Tireless for the stagger.
Discrection afther the laugh

Dries

So is there any logic to upgrading weapons? Right now I'm just using every component I find on every weapon.

Gromph

Staff Member
Dries said:
So is there any logic to upgrading weapons? Right now I'm just using every component I find on every weapon.

Buy 99 Sturdy Bones in Creature Comforts
36 of them will get you the 3x experience bonus.

Ultracompact Reactors.

Use 1 Reactor on each item to max them out, then upgrade them using one of the crystals.

leng jai

Firestorm said:
Ugh. How come this game got so terrible all of a sudden. Chapter 10 was absolute shit, now I'm on Chapter 11. I finally got the time to play for an hour after about a week of no games, and I spent it having NO FUN WHATSOEVER. Completely overpowered enemies that are beyond what I've been fighting for most of the game. This used to be the perfect game to go to when I had an hour or two to play per night. I made some progression, got some reward in the form of some satisfying battles + cg eye candy, then turned it off. My last hour was little to no progress, no reward, just frustration.

Who designed this game? Agh.

Chapter 12 is amazing though, if you can last that long.

Thrakier

Gromph said:
If you are with the guide, the strategy on the guide are shit for that boss.

Light/Fang/Hope

Bully - (Commando / Saboteur / Synergist)
Diversity - (Ravenger / Commando / Medic)
Tireless Change - (Commando / Commando / Medic)
Discretion - (Medic / Commando / Medic)

Start With Bully, Until buffed and debuffed the boss.
Diversity to build up the chain.
Tireless for the stagger.
Discrection afther the laugh

That's exactly what I did, besides that I used Medi / Sab / Syn. I needed 25 minutes.

Gromph

Staff Member
Thrakier said:
That's exactly what I did, besides that I used Medi / Sab / Syn. I needed 25 minutes.

Mmm as i remeber i beat it in 10 min.

u_neek

Damn! Anybody know how to beat the
Tyrant in the Twilit Cavern
?

The enemies before him were a breeze but he keeps kicking my ass. Am I not supposed to be here?

Gromph

Staff Member
u_neek said:
Damn! Anybody know how to beat the
Tyrant in the Twilit Cavern
?

The enemies before him were a breeze but he keeps kicking my ass. Am I not supposed to be here?

What level are you? In what chapter are you?

Gromph

Staff Member
u_neek said:
8 on chapter 11. All my characters are around 3k HP.

Leave this zone better for post-game you are a bit underlevel for that mob.

BeeDog

I have almost finished all 3 main roles for all my characters, and I still have chapter 13 left. Will the last chapter be a breeze if I max out the primary roles? Just wanna get it over with without any hassle. :p

Is there a farming spot besides Eden and the Adamantartoise for massive Gil? After killing this thing for about 40 times and maybe 8 Platinum Ingots worth 1.000.000 Gil - 480.000 Gil alone for the Fortisols, the hours I've spent with this boring shit, it can't be the best Gil farming spot, right?

Gromph

Staff Member
BeeDog said:
I have almost finished all 3 main roles for all my characters, and I still have chapter 13 left. Will the last chapter be a breeze if I max out the primary roles? Just wanna get it over with without any hassle. :p

No, there are powerful enemies out there... :D

But will be more simple.

berserk_ftw said:
Is there a farming spot besides Eden and the Adamantartoise for massive Gil? After killing this thing for about 40 times and maybe 8 Platinum Ingots worth 1.000.000 Gil - 480.000 Gil alone for the Fortisols, the hours I've spent with this boring shit, it can't be the best Gil farming spot, right?

Is the best farming spot :D

berserk_ftw said:
It's the best spot if you're not wasting money on pre-battle buffs. Unless you can take on the turtles without using them it's a really ineffective use of time.

Gromph said:
No, there are powerful enemies out there... :D

But will be more simple.

Is the best farming spot :D

I hate it, equipped the Connoiseaur and the other catalogue, but most of the time no spoils :(

I think tonight I will go with the Sacrifices in Eden, got that recommended, hope that I can amass there more Gil per hour. :D

runlikehell said:
It's the best spot if you're not wasting money on pre-battle buffs. Unless you can take on the turtles without using them it's a really ineffective use of time.

I tried it without them, but after they get up, I'm done ^^

firehawk12

Subete no aware
runlikehell said:

The 3 on Gran Pulse are a little more inefficient, but more "relaxing" to run in.

Mission 24 is always good for grinding if you want to veg. 12k+ Gil per minute, depending on your level.

berserk_ftw said:
I tried it without them, but after they get up, I'm done ^^
What team are you using?
What accessories?

I usually roll with Fang/Hope/Vanille for Ingot farming. Equipped each with Genji glove/Gaian Ring/Catalog and +300 str/mag accessories and don't have much trouble unless he roars.

BeeDog said:

It wont be a breeze, the final boss fight took me like 10 attempts with their roles maxed out, like that. Also the enemies have high HP and just take too long to beat as well.

runlikehell said:
What team are you using?
What accessories?

I usually roll with Fang/Hope/Vanille for Ingot farming. Equipped each with Genji glove/Gaian Ring/Catalog and +300 str/mag accessories and don't have much trouble unless he roars.

Same as you, starting with Bahamut calling and debuff it, wait till Bahamut vanishes and go over to Aggression Paradigm with Hope as RAV for staggering him the last bits to 999,99%.

Accessoires could be the problem, I think at the moment Fang has the Genji Glove, Sprint shoes, one catalogue and the last thing I don't know ^^ Could be a strength enhancement bangle, but not sure at the moment.

But the thought to grind this shitty adamantis tonight, AGAIN, don't fill me with excitement. More of a chore than fun, never had this feeling with the prior entries :(

Should have added Gil as a spoil and vary depending on the rating you got. If there would be at least a new dungeon post-story, it wouldn't be this boring :(

On a sidenote, can I only purchase Adamantite or is there anyway to farm it?

anddo0

How many Trapezohedron total do I need for upgrades?

I have all 5 dark matters needed. I'm assuming it's 5 for traps as well?

Another man bailing on this thread...
My copy is now on it's way to Amazon.
It's amazing as FFXII made me fall in love with the franchise again and XIII destroyed that :lol

take care everyone!

Dedication Through Light said:
It wont be a breeze, the final boss fight took me like 10 attempts with their roles maxed out, like that. Also the enemies have high HP and just take too long to beat as well.
That’s weird, I got 5 stars on my first try. What weapons did you use? I had tier 2* lionheart, venus gospel and hawkeye.

orion434

anddo0 said:
How many Trapezohedron total do I need for upgrades?

I have all 5 dark matters needed. I'm assuming it's 5 for traps as well?

If you want all 6 Ultimate weapons without dismantling anything then you'd need all 6... if you plan to do a seperate save-file for Treasure Hunter I'd dismantle the 3 MAXED Genji Gloves for the 3 Traps and then you'd need only 3 or 1 of you use Fang's Kain Lance Multiplication trick... but you'd need 1.5 million extra gil.

Is there a way to obtain the weapons from the Gilgamesh Store as a spoil for sure? Got Organyx as a spoil after a mission, is this random or are there monsters who I can kill especially for obtaining one?

Any advice for beating
Yaag in his stupid ship
at the beginning of Chapter 12?

He keeps killing Lightning with his retalitory strike.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just had to time my heals better.

Footos22

med/sab/syn
until fully buffed
swith to rav/com/rav and spam the crap out of army of one.

1min 46 secs later and you get one of the easiest bosses in the game.

squall211

It's really a shame how polarizing this game turned out to be. I know each FF is polarizing in its own way, but XIII seems very extreme in that regard.

I really enjoyed the game, but then again I've enjoyed every numbered FF game (except XI). I will say, however, that at 80 hours this is the least amount of time I've spent on a new FF game in a long, long time, and this is the first FF game since VII that I haven't immediately given a second playthrough to after beating it once. The urge just isn't there. I'm sure down the road it'll happen, maybe.

I'd probably rank this game at the top of the "lower half" of FF games. My personal ranking would now probably go something like this:

IV > XII > V > VI > X > IX > X-2 > XIII > VII > VIII > I > III > II

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Personally...

IX >= VII >= X >= VI (played this gem real late) > VIII (not finished) > V (not finished) > I (not finished) > II (not finished) > XIII > XII (not finished)

Haven't played IV or III

Managed to get in another 3 hours last night and got the ability to use Paradigms. Still totally loving the game. They've taken the experience and really narrowed the focus down and came up with a great result. There are still NPCs around who talk, but you no longer need to press a button to hear them. Rather than having some random NPC selling shit, I can just do it at a save point. The story is interesting. The cut scenes are nice. The battles are awesome. Cant' wait to play again tonight.

Damn,
Odin was though!

ScrabbleDude said:
Managed to get in another 3 hours last night and got the ability to use Paradigms. Still totally loving the game. They've taken the experience and really narrowed the focus down and came up with a great result. There are still NPCs around who talk, but you no longer need to press a button to hear them. Rather than having some random NPC selling shit, I can just do it at a save point. The story is interesting. The cut scenes are nice. The battles are awesome. Cant' wait to play again tonight.

I now have 10 hours into it, and still loving! The battle system is quite fast so I kind of understand the impossibility of controlling other characters in-battle.

Although as soon as the leader dies, should be possible to change to another...say Sub-Leader.

M°°nblade said:
That’s weird, I got 5 stars on my first try. What weapons did you use? I had tier 2* lionheart, venus gospel and hawkeye.

I was being a bit to conservative on the boss using bad paradigms. A more relentless approach proved to have me beat the boss with no problem though. I hadnt touched their actually weapons at all in the game, and only added HP boosting accessories and that crown to prevent the chance of death.

hmm, can anyone tell me why Taming Pole is the weapon to upgrade for Fang? i've read that from many places...

because to me it seems like the base stats for that weapon are pretty low, even compared to the default weapon Bladed Lance. so does Taming Pole turn into a beast of a weapon when upgraded further..?

astroturfing said:
hmm, can anyone tell me why Taming Pole is the weapon to upgrade for Fang? i've read that from many places...

because to me it seems like the base stats for that weapon are pretty low, even compared to the default weapon Bladed Lance. so does Taming Pole turn into a beast of a weapon when upgraded further..?
Bladed lane*= 130 STR 85 MGC -> glaive*= 300 STR 137 MGC -> Tier 3*= 753/351
Taming pole*=148 STR 148 MGC -> venus gospel*= 390 STR 390 MGC-> Tier 3*= 921/921

Taming pole has stagger lock though.

M°°nblade said:
Bladed lane*= 130 STR 85 MGC -> glaive*= 300 STR 137 MGC -> Tier 3*= 753/351
Taming pole*=148 STR 148 MGC -> venus gospel*= 390 STR 390 MGC-> Tier 3*= 921/921

Taming pole has stagger lock though.

ahh, thanks, thought it would go something like that :)

shame about the stagger lock. i guess i can live with that though if i upgrade it.

man... I've been hanging around the Resonance of Fate thread for a while, and decided to come here just to check out how everyone is doing, and hearing you guys' impressions is depressing... :(

I haven't even broken the seal from my copy yet (since I'm too busy playing RoF) but wow, this is quite discouraging to hear...

Hopefully the high quality of FFXIII's production value will be able to sustain me through it when I finally play it...

This thread's responses are complete opposite to the RoF thread...

For all you poor souls that felt ripped off by FFXIII, join us... RoF welcomes you with open arms and flat bosoms...

desverger

astroturfing said:
ahh, thanks, thought it would go something like that :)

shame about the stagger lock. i guess i can live with that though if i upgrade it.

If you're planning on having Fang around as a COM or SAB (which you should anyway!), the stagger lock is of no importance. COM's or SAB's rarely stagger anyone anyway, it's the RAVs who do that :p

Zoe

desverger said:
If you're planning on having Fang around as a COM or SAB (which you should anyway!), the stagger lock is of no importance. COM's or SAB's rarely stagger anyone anyway, it's the RAVs who do that :p

And you can still build up the meter with those weapons, you just can't be the one to push it over.

Thrakier

Please tell me the names of the weapon for Fang, Hope and Lighting I should upgrade. I just want to finish this game, it's annoying.

radiantdreamer said:
For all you poor souls that felt ripped off by FFXIII, join us... RoF welcomes you with open arms and flat bosoms...
I rather play FFXIII for the rest of my life then more Tri Ace crap.

And I'm sure if RoF was actually a big deal it would get a level of hate.

Anyway I rank them:

X>XII>XIII>IX>VII>VI>IV>VIII>XI>II>I
I haven't played III or V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom