• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Alpha Discussion

Kandinsky said:
I fully expect them to change those icons on the final game, they are fugly.

I think some of that is seeing them out of context of the game, but I agree. Some look really odd. I love the armor design, though, even if a lot of what we see there is palette swaps.

Khrno

The spells icons are awesome. The status ones some look good, some not that much.

I'm extracting the whole site, because there are too many images to save manually.

Jinko

Seems when you craft you select the crafting item/s and the crystal/s are automatically applied to what you have selected, for example you can add items to the crafting window and it will say you don't have enough crystals to make this item.

There is no recipe book, which ticks me off big time.

After making an item you get the chance to refine it further, with the chance of obtaining a +1 item.

Crafting guildleves supply you with temporary items which you use to complete the leve, you obtain money, crafting material and crystals for completion.

Kandinsky

Some stuff id like to share..

- Tried to get a Battle Regime thing going with no luck, lag/r0/dc and lack of lowbie mobs were the obstacles, that and the fact that few ppl are high enough to fight harder stuff D:
- I got 100 APoints when i got lvl8, and managed to get lvl4 on conjurer, got cure and switched back to my lvl9 THM that now can cure :D
- Cure is fully AoE in the sense that everyone around you gets healed, i was running in town and casted it on me and hitted a bunch of people, followed by multple tys:lol
- Poison is awesome it has great DoT.
- I dont know if this changed or i just had good luck before but i targeted a GL mob with an aoe spell and it hitted outsider mobs as well, i died 3 seconds later D:
- Sabotenders are adorable.
- Maybe im missing something but i dont see anywhere the class tnl (to next level), if somebody knows about this please letme know.

All in all i had, again, a great time with the game, filled 3 suggestions (mainly targetting/controls/Guildleve Interface) and 1 bug (falling down in an unexisting hole). I also ended up broke, i spent about 15k in a new level 8 set, which looks exactly the same as the one i was wearing but white:lol

Jinko

AH confirmed .
75078937.png

Jinko

Maybe im missing something but i dont see anywhere the class tnl (to next level), if somebody knows about this please letme know.

There is no tnl but there is a guage in your equipment window.

Edit- better pic

593623641.jpg

Kandinsky

Jinko said:
There is no tnl but there is a guage in your equipment window.

20286201.jpg
The upper one is for TP (which makes no sense at all)
The second is your phy level :/

Unless youre talking about something completely different lol

Jinko

Was refering to the one above physical level.

BTW can you cast cure on other people or is it restricted to just you like in FF11.

I changed the pic above to show you better, its worth mentioning a lot of people were suffering lag and it was effecting their guages, TP/physical experience and class experience.

http://www.mediafire.com/?inkni2iy5bg (name has been hex-edited out)

Kandinsky

Jinko said:
Was refering to the one above physical level.
Nvm, i was completely wrong.
Jinko said:
BTW can you cast cure on other people or is it restricted to just you like in FF11.
Yes you can, i actually tried and succed just once because people kept running away from me, and yeah they were not party members.
Pai Pai Master said:
How was it tonight? Playable? :\
Yes, very.

Jinko

It always looks like these screens are cluttered with bars, icons, and other junky shit.

Does it look that bad in-game? Or is it less obtrusive while you're playing?

Jinko

No timers on the buffs, but they flash before they run out and then blink fasters just before they wear off.

Micromegas said:
It always looks like these screens are cluttered with bars, icons, and other junky shit.

Does it look that bad in-game? Or is it less obtrusive while you're playing?

This is probably the cleanest UI you are guna see in an MMO. (running the game at a higher resolution will help)

FF11 on the PS2 with 18 party members.
ffxi_790screen025.jpg

FF14 at 720p
010.jpg

Alex

Oh no, depth and stats and information! It looks great to me, minimalistic UI's can seriously fuck off.

Kandinsky

Jinko said:
Yea would be cool if someone could try and run to Aleport next time they are in the Alpha, looks like another town.
Some of the land is blocked by invisible walls tho.

Edit: oh man i wish the text was bigger cant read half of that stuff D:

Edit2: Jinko PM that guy over BG about how we can haxchange toon names prz, for the next test :D

Jinko

I tried, he said the videos he posted are his friends, so I said so how does he do it, and he didn't reply..

Meh

It's probably not far removed from changing the name in FF11, but I duno how to do that either, I think Khrno said he has some experience with that so maybe he can help.

Khrno

Jinko said:
I tried, he said the videos he posted are his friends, so I said so how does he do it, and he didn't reply..

Meh

It's probably not far removed from changing the name in FF11, but I duno how to do that either, I think Khrno said he has some experience with that so maybe he can help.

To change npc names in FFXI you just had to alter the DAT for that character. But I never saw anyone changin their own name that way, but it could be done the same way, try searching some of the darker FFXI sites, there's always very hard to find sites with all this stuff.

Jinko

Fifth Alpha Test Schedule (following times are in GMT)

Dates and Times:
Thursday, May 6, 2010 – 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. *1
Thursday, May 6, 2010 – 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. *2
Friday, May 7, 2010 – 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. *3

*1 Only users with Japan-based Square Enix accounts will be able to log in.
*2 Only users with Europe-based Square Enix accounts will be able to log in.
*3 Only users with North America-based Square Enix accounts will be able to log in.

Teknoman said:
Looking at those recent Famitsu interviews, phase 2 could start soon...and i'm still worried about my beta app.

* The fifth feedback submission period will begin with the launch of the fifth alpha test and continue until just before the launch of the sixth alpha test.

notworksafe

Jinko said:
* The fifth feedback submission period will begin with the launch of the fifth alpha test and continue until just before the launch of the sixth alpha test.
Well yeah. They probably want to make sure the game is playable by a majority of testers before they move on.

Not sure why the test is at 1 am. Seems a bit odd to me.

EDIT: Never mind. Your times are GMT, while Square's are in PDT. So they are the normal tests times. Bummer that the test is again on a Thursday. What happened to the promised three tests a week, Square?

Jinko

It's Golden Week in Japan so there has probably been little work done to the client/servers.

Will probably be back to 3 times a week next week if all goes well this week.

Son of a fuck. Finally school's over and I'm ready to sink my teeth into alpha...and the only test this week is the night Iron Man 2 opens. :lol

Next week for sure!!

gillty

Banned
Skipped the previous test for halo reach beta, summer semester starts next week =(. This may be the last alpha test for me atleast for a while, c'mon square smooth and stable test please :D

Kandinsky

Alpha is getting pretty fking boring, nobody wants to do anything lol, everyone is grinding like mad and solo, shouted a couple of times for party/quests and got ignored pretty badly:lol . Game didnt seem to crash at all for me today, everything was almost perfect, no weird bugs, minor lag and one force log out because it didnt want to teleport me to camp. I just wish more people i know from FFXI would be on this(you suck rockman/paipai), i want to do so much stuff but just cant alone, oh wellz i hope next time is better....

Anyways, pretty dissapointed in the Imps look, almost exactly as the ones in FFXI >_>

sqiewy.jpg

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Kandinsky said:
Alpha is getting pretty fking boring, nobody wants to do anything lol, everyone is grinding like mad and solo, shouted a couple of times for party/quests and got ignored pretty badly:lol . Game didnt seem to crash at all for me today, everything was almost perfect, no weird bugs, minor lag and one force log out because it didnt want to teleport me to camp. I just wish more people i know from FFXI would be on this(you suck rockman/paipai), i want to do so much stuff but just cant alone, oh wellz i hope next time is better....

Anyways, pretty dissapointed in the Imps look, almost exactly as the ones in FFXI >_>
Hey man, sorry about your videos, had a very bussy work weeks :/ yesterday i saw you on Alpha and invited you :p

I hope i should have the videos this weekend. (I'm moving home and so too)

Kandinsky

Gromph said:
Hey man, sorry about your videos, had a very bussy work weeks :/ yesterday i saw you on Alpha and invited you :p

I hope i should have the videos this weekend. (I'm moving home and so too)
Omg no way, i never got your invite, man should have sent me a tell or something DDDDD:

Caj814

Jinko said:
So like FF11 ? :(

I honestly hope that feeling is fixed once the game is released or the only ones who will most likely be interested and play long term are former FF11 players :lol

Top Bottom