• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Alpha Discussion

Jinko

Alpha 2 testers can't log in until the 2nd of June

The Second Wave of invites have gone out, check your emails.

Not got anything here sadly :(

Londa

Banned
I didn't get into alpha 2. Yes I'm sad but atleast the new content is in beta. So I hope to get a beta invite. I can wait until then. Well thats IF I get an invite.

LaneDS

Cross-posting from the other thread:

I got in, but get errors when I try to join the tester site:

"You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account."

I assume that's simply because the site doesn't go live until the 2nd? I don't see any mention of the beta under Services on the S-E Account page yet either.

Any newly admitted testers experiencing this?

Jinko

Yea this isn't beta 1, this is Alpha 2, they plan to add multiple world and 50'000 testers before they go into beta 1.

It seems the Alpha 2 tester size will increase over time.

Londa

Banned
Why would they call a beta alpha? from what I remember there was four stages. Alpha 1, Alpha2, Beta1 and Beta2. Beta 1 would have new content. From the recent announcement they said nothing about introducing new content in Alpha2. I could be wrong but thats what I have read. They said they would open it up after the server can handle 5,000 users.

* There will exist NPCs that players are unable to create themselves (i.e. male Miqo'te).

I think this is a stupid idea. Why have the most wanted race be only NPC avalible and never have a chance to be one. This is a new game. They created the race and even rendered it in the game. So why not let us play as them??

Kyolux

LaneDS said:
I'm in! Hot damn!
Did you receive an email? Or it was on one of the Square-Enix accounts site? (I'm really confused as to which is which nowadays. :lol

I remember people saying they never got an email but saw their invites on their account.

LaneDS

Received an e-mail this morning. Checked the account for registered services, nothing there yet, but the e-mail mentions June 2nd as the day the beta site goes live or is accessible.

gillty

Banned
Londa said:
that is odd. Why do they do it under SE account for some and throught email for others?
They don't, everyone gets an email eventually, quite a few of us got our emails weeks after we already had access to the alpha .

Jinko

They only let 450 people in this time supposedly, not sure if that just one region or not.

The chances of getting in are still very small.

Canceled my FF11 subsciption cause it seems people who haven't played for years are getting in, waste of money that was lol.

LaneDS

Some folks who got in can apparently download the client and login to the site fine, yet others (like myself) cannot. Very sketchy. Fingers crossed the problem fixes itself, as if not that would be the biggest case of gaming blue balls I've had in a long while.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jinko said:
They only let 450 people in this time supposedly, not sure if that just one region or not.

The chances of getting in are still very small.

Canceled my FF11 subsciption cause it seems people who haven't played for years are getting in, waste of money that was lol.

D: ... Not very much.

Not sure if anyone is still interested in making videos with the name edited out, but someone at BG just posted this. Haven't tried it (since i'm not in the Alpha), but I figured it might be worth posting:

Open up your favorite memory editor (cheat engine - http://www.cheatengine.org/download.php or artmoney - http://www.artmoney.ru/e_download.htm), select the process that is FF14alpha (i dont know the process name)

Search for text strings that are your avatar's name.
Modify the text strings to a dummy name of equal characters.

Start your video capturing software such as fraps.

Enjoy video captures that are relatively safe to make.

Kandinsky

^Awesome thanks.

Little update, i got 3 shitty spells at lvl18 (THM) the absorb line (Attack, Defense and TP), attack gave me 10 points on a base of 7, which is huge but didnt do much for my attacks (maybe 10dmg increase), DEF gave me 31 (base was 274) and TP was worthless (between 150-300 gain) because is so easy to get TP in this game. Not even worth casting, in fact only thing worth the mp so far for me are dots and slow (god i love slow).

Londa

Banned
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT I'll be testing with the rest of you.

I suggest everyone recheck their mail today. because it seems they sent out new invites this morning.

Londa

Banned
Jinko said:
Nooooo.. :(

Still nothing here, meh I'm pissed off.

:( I'm sorry! I hope you get into the next wave!

p.s. not sure if this will help but my email was in my junk box. Did you check your junk/spam box?

Mojojo

OOh i got the invite too.. didn't expect that at all... But it says the official testers' site will be available for login on Monday, 7th june, so i guess I can't download the client yet?

Jinko

Thats interesting, the first lot weren't allowed in til the 28th May, second lot 2nd June and you guys are the 7th of June.

Seems they are adding people quite fast.

Mojojo

Londa said:
So when can we download the client on the 7th?

no more details than that date.
I tried to login anyway , and i got the same message as LaneDS in his 27 may post :

"You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account."

I tried again later , and now its under maintenance :p

Londa

Banned
I hope they let folks download the client before the 7th so people won't waste time downloading on a alpha testing session.

Yes! I just got a PC invite. The email was labeled as a Beta invite, but says in it that "...testers will be eligible to participate with the beginning of the second stage of the Alpha Test." So happy! :D

Teknoman

Nothing yet, still hope hotmail/msn isnt blocking it or something.

EDIT: heh downloaded the client from Jinko's link, so now i've got it with Limsa Lominsa playing in the background...updated...and no formal invite :lol

vivin

While im happy to hear more invites are going out, Ive yet to recieve one, so I feel a little duped since Ive had an active paying account since NA launch :( come on S-E send an invite this way plz? :lol

I'd be gutted if it's actually something to do with me signing up using a hotmail account >_<;

LaneDS

The rendition of the crystal theme on the title screen is so damn pretty. MMOs with good (non-ambient) music are so rare, it's exciting.

Mojojo

vivin said:
While im happy to hear more invites are going out, Ive yet to recieve one, so I feel a little duped since Ive had an active paying account since NA launch :( come on S-E send an invite this way plz? :lol

I'd be gutted if it's actually something to do with me signing up using a hotmail account >_<;

I doubt it, i received my invite on my hotmail account. And I never played FF11 so I am not sure how they decide who gets in ; i gave average pc specs, I really didn't expect to get in.

Alex

I'd be happy if they totally cancel that pos version.

Clearly the way to go, launch an insanely expensive, probably 50++ million dollar MMO on PC only that carries the perceived stigma of FFXI up against The Old Republic and Cataclysm.

It'd be like the aftershock of The Spirits Within.

No, I'm playing on PC, but they need the PS3 crowd, and they'll need the 360 crowd too. Anything else is faux elitism, Square's design goals and scope don't reach PC nuance levels and consolitis or not, the current batch aren't quite as handicapped as the PS2 was moving forward.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Hey, I just got into the Alpha 2, starting to test on June 7th.

So uh, did I understand right or is it like one day a week still for testing? Aren't they opening the servers for 24/7 testing?

LaneDS

Osaka said:
Hey, I just got into the Alpha 2, starting to test on June 7th.

So uh, did I understand right or is it like one day a week still for testing? Aren't they opening the servers for 24/7 testing?

Presumably with beta 1 they'll have testing that doesn't go on for more than 4 hours at a time, but no official word (that I'm aware of) stating that explicitly. Would be foolish for them not to test it that way, but this is S-E so who knows!

For reference, there have been at least two tests this week, one yesterday and one today/tonight. June 7th is likely the next one.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
LaneDS said:
Presumably with beta 1 they'll have testing that doesn't go on for more than 4 hours at a time, but no official word (that I'm aware of) stating that explicitly. Would be foolish for them not to test it that way, but this is S-E so who knows!

For reference, there have been at least two tests this week, one yesterday and one today/tonight. June 7th is likely the next one.

Why would it be foolish to test more than under 10 hours per week?

notworksafe

LaneDS said:

I believe they have said that there will be 24/7 testing in the betas. Can't remember if it was beta 1 or 2 though.

LaneDS

Osaka said:
Why would it be foolish to test more than under 10 hours per week?

Err, I meant "does go on for more than 4 hours a week". Clearly I needed my coffee before posting.

Who will be playing tonight in the US test? Any point in partying up?

DrDogg

I have yet to get in, but I only signed up for the PS3 beta, so I'm not worried about it. I'll be extremely upset if I'm not in the first (only?) wave of PS3 invites though. :lol

Top Bottom