• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

Baloonatic said:
Anyone got an idea why it crashes when trying to run? I'm guessing it's because my drivers are out of date as it's the same as what happened with the benchmark.

What you using and what driver you using?

jersoc

Londa said:
They don't have ones that let you download over 3GB?

Most are 5 gigs. They may not charge extra but they could throttle your connection. I had to use the utorrent method. Have you tried that?

Jinko

Baloonatic said:
Anyone got an idea why it crashes when trying to run? I'm guessing it's because my drivers are out of date as it's the same as what happened with the benchmark.

I would try updating Direct X and your Graphics driver.

ATI 4850 and using 10.2 drivers. I can't upgrade because the drivers after 10.2 force me to play every game with 10% underscan :/

There are scaling options in the CCC.

Baloonatic said:

I'm having the same problem on Vista.

I don't play PC games, like, at all, so I have no idea what I'm doing.

:lol

Jinko said:
I would try updating Direct X and your Graphics driver.

There are scaling options in the CCC.

I know, and they reset every time I load a game. I've seen other people with the same problem so I assume it's a bug.

Jinko

Baloonatic said:
I know, and they reset every time I load a game. I've seen other people with the same problem so I assume it's a bug.

Probably because each resolution has its own scaling settings, so say you run FF14 at 1280x720 you need to switch to that resolution in the desktop and change the scaling option for it.

If you want to run FF14 at 1920x1080 you would need to switch to that resolution on the desktop and change the scaling options for that resolution.

And every other resolution you wish to play a game at, once you set the scaling option for the resolution it should stick in the future.

I had the same problem with my HDTV until I figured it out.

Jinko said:
Probably because each resolution has its own scaling settings, so say you run FF14 at 1280x720 you need to switch to that resolution in the desktop and change the scaling option for it.

If you want to run FF14 at 1920x1080 you would need to switch to that resolution on the desktop and change the scaling options for that resolution.

And every other resolution you wish to play a game at, once you set the scaling option for the resolution it should stick in the future.

Hmm, but my desktop is always set to 1080p and I always run games at 1080p?

Ronok

Baloonatic said:
ATI 4850 and using 10.2 drivers. I can't upgrade because the drivers after 10.2 force me to play every game with 10% underscan :/

I assume you have to deal with underscan because you're using a hdtv instead of monitor?

If so I had the same problem, then I was informed that Samsung TV's will adjust to using their native resolution if you use HDMI port 2 instead of 1...

I don't know if this will help, but hopefully it will.

Salaadin

Jinko said:
So far 15k added per region. :O

15k new testers per region? Are you serious? Wow.

I wonder if theyll keep this trend up week by week and continually add players until release. I certainly hope so :D

I also wonder if the invites are done being sent for the day or are new people still receiving emails sent minutes ago.

Ronok said:
I assume you have to deal with underscan because you're using a hdtv instead of monitor?

If so I had the same problem, then I was informed that Samsung TV's will adjust to using their native resolution if you use HDMI port 2 instead of 1...

I don't know if this will help, but hopefully it will.

Yeah I have a HDTV but I don't get why I need to deal with underscan at all. It's a 1080p set and having under/overscan setting at 0% (off) is the perfect setting. In an ideal world I could just remove the option completely so I wouldn't have to put up with it resetting itself.

notworksafe

desu said:
So is there a server most people are playing on? Anyone having a fun party that uses voice chat :)?
Servers are randomly assigned, sadly. I do have a vent server that people can use for voice chat if they want. Just PM me for the info.

desu

notworksafe said:
Servers are randomly assigned, sadly. I do have a vent server that people can use for voice chat if they want. Just PM me for the info.

Well someone pointed out a way to influence on what server youre assigned to. Even though it would probably help more to know if there is main server for EUgaf, because playing with NA will most likely not work (timewise).

Jinko said:

my sharp has a PC setting for 1360x768, is there a way to set this resolution before loading the game for the first time?

Teknoman

maxcer0081 said:
my sharp has a PC setting for 1360x768, is there a way to set this resolution before loading the game for the first time?

FFXIV config menu. Start -> Square Enix -> FFXIV config.

Might want to turn off Ambient Occlusion too.

Palmer_v1

Am I doing something wrong? When I try to run that beta client downloader, it errors out each time.

Edit: nevermind, it's working this time. I don't think it was reaching the update server the first few tries.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jinko said:
Switch to Utorrent, BT are asses for shaping P2P and I had better results from using utorrent.
Which file are you using for utorrent? can't find it :(

Palmer_v1

FWIW, I'm fluctuating wildly with the normal client. It'll say 5 hours, then the down speed drops like a rock and it's telling me 24 hours.

Jinko

The torrent can be found in ..

Documents/My Games/FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version/downloads/ffxiv-beta/d96437e6/metainfo

Make sure you either point utorrent to the exsistng download file which is Documents/My Games/FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version/downloads/ffxiv-beta/d96437e6/Patch or download in a seperate folder and then move to that folder once its finished.

Edit:- Just checked my SE account and it says the beta is valid from July 12-August 11th, so am guessing that phase 2 will start on August 11th.

Palmer_v1

Navigate to the beta folder for the game. For me, the path is: C:\Users\****\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta

From there, go into each of those folders and into their metainfo folders. That is where the .torrent file is stored. Just add it into whatever torrent program you use. Once done with those downloads, you have to put them back in the correct folders, and run the beta client one more time. It should do a quick file check and be done.

Ah, it was so simple. Just get rid of the Catalyst Control Center and no more overscan nonsense!

Downloading now, not getting very good speeds from the torrent either though :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corran Horn said:
Streaming the Update process :lol
:lol :lol Loving it!

Xizk

Had a shitty day today and when I checked my email earlier today I saw that I hadn´t been invited for the beta. Then I checked my other account just a while ago and it had an invite! Made my day better.

Wes

venison crêpe
Palmer_v1 said:
Navigate to the beta folder for the game. For me, the path is: C:\Users\****\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta

From there, go into each of those folders and into their metainfo folders. That is where the .torrent file is stored. Just add it into whatever torrent program you use. Once done with those downloads, you have to put them back in the correct folders, and run the beta client one more time. It should do a quick file check and be done.

Is the correct file location for the download included in the torrent or do we have to correctly point to where it should go?

desu

Does anyone know if SE does IP checks? Like if I would like to share the account with someone that would like to play in the time I am sleeping/working anyway (not from my continent)?

chris-013

13th here and still this message :

You could not log in because the service account in question is not registered.
If you would like to log in to the service, please log in to the Square Enix Account Management System and register the service account.

; ;

Yoshichan

Palmer_v1 said:
and playing WoW now too! I'm sure that's not going to slow down the torrent at all. :D
Time for some anime :lol

Kinan

Damn, got the email with invite, but can not log in into testers site. :( Checked my SE account - no sign of beta test service.

Either they sent email before activating the account, or something went wrong somewhere. :p

Palmer_v1

Wes said:
Is the correct file location for the download included in the torrent or do we have to correctly point to where it should go?

Just saw this question. I'm actually not sure. Easiest way to check is start the utorrent download, and just check to see where it's going. if it isn't the correct folder, you can just copy it over when it's done.

Mine is going to a new folder in my download folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom