• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer_v1

Just try it a few times? Mine gave me errors the first 3 or 4 times, but worked fine after that. Not sure why.

Edit: Double post. My bad.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Newwwwwwww record (@ 100kb :lol)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Palmer_v1 said:
Mine's dropped to 160k. Stop stealing my peers!
I'm just taking what was mine! (the peer from Norway!)

Jinko

Kinan said:
Damn, got the email with invite, but can not log in into testers site. :( Checked my SE account - no sign of beta test service.

Either they sent email before activating the account, or something went wrong somewhere. :p

It's been said many times, they send out the invite then activate the account, they have 15k+ per region to activate so its going to take some time.

LowParry

I don't know how people are going to get this downloaded by the week with the 15k per region of invites going on. :lol New folk can't even log in till tomorrow. Outside sources are very slow as well.

Ronok

My download should finish in the next hour or so, but I'll leave the client uploading if SE gives me the choice. Clearly there aren't enough people doing so right now. :lol

Teknoman

desu said:
Does anyone know if SE does IP checks? Like if I would like to share the account with someone that would like to play in the time I am sleeping/working anyway (not from my continent)?

They dont. Two of us are using someones EU account for testing purposes.

CcrooK said:
I don't know how people are going to get this downloaded by the week with the 15k per region of invites going on. :lol New folk can't even log in till tomorrow. Outside sources are very slow as well.

Heh it took me about 2-3 days on and off to update the client the day it was posted.

Palmer_v1

CcrooK said:

Well, in a way, the more people grabbing it, the faster it will get, assuming people leave the client running.

Londa

Banned
Here I am at a public library trying to use their internet to download the beta and guess what the client does??? ERRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOR can't connect to the server!!! siiigh

Ronok

So much for my hour of downloading remaining..... I really jynxed that... Back up at 5 hours with 40kb/s download. :'( It's a painful sight. lol

Jinko

Ronok said:
My download should finish in the next hour or so, but I'll leave the client uploading if SE gives me the choice. Clearly there aren't enough people doing so right now. :lol

Nope once it patches it will delete the patch file, SE really haven't got a clue.

Wes

venison crêpe
Ronok said:
So much for my hour of downloading remaining..... I really jynxed that... Back up at 5 hours with 40kb/s download. :'( It's a painful sight. lol

Oh 5 hours how horrible.

Add 70 to that and welcome to my world pal.

Ronok

Jinko said:
Nope once it patches it will delete the patch file, SE really haven't got a clue.

o.o;; No way!

Ok, well I guess the fall in my download speed is good for all you guys. My upload speeds remain pretty good, so I'm sure I'll be helping some of you out for now. lol

Wes said:
Oh 5 hours how horrible.

Add 70 to that and welcome to my world pal.

I was in the same position at the start. lol Back when the client was struggling to make any connections. Suddenly it just started working.....Kind of... :p

Coldsnap

dangit, i want to play this game some more. Got a taste saturday night and I want moar!!

Also why is that guy streaming the update? Doesn't the beta start tomorrow?

Yoshichan

Coldsnap said:
Also why is that guy streaming the update? Doesn't the beta start tomorrow?
It's HYPE! Getting those users inside the stream in preparation.

Yoshichan

Coldsnap said:
Oh, I'm guessing it will be tomorrow somewhere soon?
Yep! Same stream, I guess.

Ronok

Still can't access the beta site yet. Has anyone here been able to? I've heard a couple of people saying they can, but lots who can't as well. It's a bit strange that access is staggered like that. lol

LowParry

I think I'm going to switch it up when I play to Gladiator and stick with it through beta. Even when it goes live, that's the class I will play. I've always wanted to be a tank and this is a real good opportunity so I'll have plenty of impressions about the Gladiator class this week. If there's time, I'll pop in another class. It's time to put away the robes and daggers for a while and put up the sword and board. :D

Jinko

So just thought I would try and log into the character creation screen and I get an error message about me using Windows 7 64 bit..

Fuckers !!

So is there anyway to get round this or am I guna have to instal a second OS on my computer.

Looked around on the beta forum and there isn't much there that I can see.

LowParry

Jinko said:
So just thought I would try and log into the character creation screen and I get an error message about me using Windows 7 64 bit..

Fuckers !!

So is there anyway to get round this or am I guna have to instal a second OS on my computer.

Looked around on the beta forum and there isn't much there that I can see.

Gotta wait till the game goes live yo. Which is in...10 1/2 hours?

LowParry

Off the wall question. If I'm playing the game full screen at 1920x1080, what should I set my Buffer Size size to in the config?

Jinko

CcrooK said:
Gotta wait till the game goes live yo. Which is in...10 1/2 hours?

Tek said you could sign into the character creation in the other thread.

Off the wall question. If I'm playing the game full screen at 1920x1080, what should I set my Buffer Size size to in the config?

Window would be good.

Double will give you supersampling.

Jinko

Teknoman said:
Cant sign into the character creation.

LOL I read it wrong ... bleh I fail.

either way I am getting
This version of ffxivgame.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.
(Windows 216)

Should i be concerned about this before the servers open ?, or is this a standard message you get when the servers are down.

Coldsnap

Yea I really wish they would open the character creation for us to play around with. It took me like 30mins to make mine because i'm so damn picky.

Teknoman

Jinko said:
LOL I read it wrong ... bleh I fail.

either way I am getting

Should i be concerned about this before the servers open ?, or is this a standard message you get when the servers are down.

What windows are you using? I remember seeing something about that error in the beta manual at the site.

LowParry

Jinko said:
\

That's not standard cause I'm running the game off of Windows 7 64bit. You should be getting some sort of connection error with server, etc.

Jinko

Urgh... great

Am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

it actually says sucess when connecting to server and then comes up with error.

Success!
This version of ffxivgame.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.
(Windows 216)

guess there isn't much I can do until tomorrow, not guna install 7 x86, would probably have to install the whole beta program again aswell, screw that.

LowParry

There error should be coming in as this:

13001 The lobby server connection has encountered an error.
Error Code: 0
TIMEOUT

Anything else I'm not really sure if that's the same thing or not.

Teknoman

I'm on Vista Ultimate 64, havent had any error messages like that though. Maybe try setting compatibility mode to XP or something? I dunno if thats still in 7.

LowParry

Ronok said:
Still no access to the beta site. SE really enjoy torturing me. :(

You won't have it till tomorrow. Or so they say. Cause I've been seeing new people get onto the forums site. The EU site that is. But not that very many.

Jinko

Ronok said:
Still no access to the beta site. SE really enjoy torturing me. :(

I got acess on my main account about an hour ago i think they are still working through all the invites.

I wonder whats different about my version of windows then that sets it apart lol... F'ing thing, I knew it couldn't go smoothly :lol

Ronok

Well, it's the 13th here in Euroland already, so I've just been checking because I'm a little bored. :p

I'm assuming it will probably randomly switch at some point between the time I go to sleep and wake up, but it'd be nice to have something to do now. :p

Doesn't look like I'll be playing tomorrow at this rate :lol Hopefully the patching process isn't so painful with the full game. At least I got reasonable speeds with XI.

gillty

Banned
Ronok said:
Well, it's the 13th here in Euroland already, so I've just been checking because I'm a little bored. :p

I'm assuming it will probably randomly switch at some point between the time I go to sleep and wake up, but it'd be nice to have something to do now. :p
SE does everything by JST, its 9am in Japan right now. Test starts in 10 hours, if you haven't started the download now its likely you wont be ready in time.

Ronok

Valru said:
SE does everything by JST, its 9am in Japan right now. Test starts in 10 hours, if you haven't started the download now its likely you wont be ready in time.

I started the download already, I just can't get into the beta site. :p I just want some reading material while I wait for the download to finish. Then I'm turning off the PC. =P

original client download update:

i started the original download client about 6-7 hours ago now and im still at 25%. the dl also seems to fluctuate quite a bit as opposed to the upload which is steady. does anyone know if i have another update after this first big download?

Teknoman

I want to see how the fencer will work/how the swords will look. Probably going to go between fencer and lancer.

Then again I also want to see how Musketeer will be different from ranger (aside from weapon type) and what an Enforcer will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom