• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Teknoman said:
I want to see how the fencer will work/how the swords will look. Probably going to go between fencer and lancer.

Then again I also want to see how Musketeer will be different from ranger (aside from weapon type) and what an Enforcer will do.

I doubt any of those will be released at launch anyways.

Teknoman

Jinko said:
I doubt any of those will be released at launch anyways.

If not, sticking with lancer. Pugilist seems to have done away with deepening stances? Light attack enhances defense and evasion, but I didnt see any kind of stance meter.

Unless that diagram was just for explanation purposes. Maybe one attack constantly enhances accuracy and attack, while the other defense and evasion.

Ronok

Ok, the beta is fully installed and ready to go... Just no access because the service still isn't registered for me. lol Tomorrow I will hopefully wake up and log on no problem to the beta in action. :D

LowParry

Ronok said:
Ok, the beta is fully installed and ready to go... Just no access because the service still isn't registered for me. lol Tomorrow I will hopefully wake up and log on no problem to the beta in action. :D

I expect a wait que of.....a while.

Jinko

Thanks to CcrooK for sorting my problem out, seems the FFXIVgame.exe didn't download correctly, is all working now.

Much appreicated :D

FWIW I can log in I just get a continuous black loading screen now..

LowParry

Jinko said:
Thanks to CcrooK for sorting my problem out, seems the FFXIVgame.exe didn't download correctly, is all working now.

Much appreicated :D

Now that's what I like to hear. Stars of Destiny is looking to shape up.

Jinko said:
FWIW I can log in I just get a continuous black loading screen now..

You should now get that server message. If so, you're in good shape.

Teknoman

The random server stuff better just be for beta. Hope S-E has learned their lesson.

Calantus said:

Theres always the impressions earlier in the topic, plus videos should be on the way any day now. Downloadable ones anyway.

Wes

venison crêpe
Palmer_v1 said:
I'm 51% done after 3 hours and 18 minutes.

using the uTorrent method.

I'm having no luck with either method. I'll leave utorrent on overnight I guess.

Omnicent

13%, 5hours remaining.
no luck with uTorrent so using the default client getting a slow 120ish Kb/s

What server is everyone trying to get onto?

Omnicent

I know, but you can retry till you get the correct one... kind of like FFXI back in the day (god that sucked back then).

Palmer_v1

Duran said:
You might have to open some ports if your DL speed is low.

UDP - 55296 - 55551
TCP - 54992 - 55551
UDP - 443

Just a guess, since after 30 mins I'm 5% done and I had forwarded ports before hand.

Posted in the Gaming thread. If it works for people, maybe add it to the OP?

Omnicent

That does work. It was up on BG, took a few minutes to config everything and now I'm getting better speeds overall (from reading BG i wasn't the only one where the fowarding helped)

Would be a nice addition to the OP like you said.

So I'm borrowing a friend's account. Does anyone know how the security token works? I can't ask him to be online at 3AM his time just to give me a code, as that's a bit ridiculous. Can he give me the next code right now and I'll be able to use it when the beta starts?

Xux

HappyBivouac said:
So I'm borrowing a friend's account. Does anyone know how the security token works? I can't ask him to be online at 3AM his time just to give me a code, as that's a bit ridiculous. Can he give me the next code right now and I'll be able to use it when the beta starts?

Pretty sure it changes every couple minutes so you'll need a new code from it every time you're asked for it.

Could just ask him to disable the token while you're using his account.

LowParry

I'll have pics, movies and impressions with my char and Gladiator. I'll see about getting some menu shots up as well, etc. For now I sleep before I wake and start my play.

Palmer_v1

Now I'm sad. My stuff finished downloading without any problems, but the friend who was giving me his beta pass, since he has PS3 only, can't remember any of his login info, and can't get his security questions right.

EDarkness

Been downloading all morning and now my wife and I are stuck at 99% and have been for about 40 minutes. Not sure if I'm supposed to do something now or not, but I'm wondering if there is a problem somewhere. This happening to anyone else?

Teknoman

Palmer_v1 said:
Now I'm sad. My stuff finished downloading without any problems, but the friend who was giving me his beta pass, since he has PS3 only, can't remember any of his login info, and can't get his security questions right.

Keep trying, think of the most common password that he uses. Also there has to have at least one number in the password.

Pachinko

Yeah that port trick helped immensely, dectoupled my speeds (went from single digits to 80-100 ish).

For now , sleep sounds like a plan and in the morning I'll see about installation, then when I get home from work I can play it for a bit.

J-Rzez

Palmer_v1 said:

I think there's something wrong with the login at the moment. I "KNOW" I'm using the right info now, since I found my pad I wrote it down on, and I couldn't log into anything neither. I emailed them on this, so hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

Palmer_v1

J-Rzez said:
I think there's something wrong with the login at the moment. I "KNOW" I'm using the right info now, since I found my pad I wrote it down on, and I couldn't log into anything neither. I emailed them on this, so hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

please let me know what comes of this. In my friend's case, he was able to use the web site to get to the password reset stuff, but he says none of the security questions are working right.

Ronok

Woke up and everything is now working perfectly, just waiting for the servers to open now. :D

< 2 hours to go. :D

Wouldn't it be 2.5 hours?

Hand and Land are available, but they've temporarily disabled the crafting guildleves so I imagine it's hard to progress.

Ronok

HappyBivouac said:
Wouldn't it be 2.5 hours?

Hand and Land are available, but they've temporarily disabled the crafting guildleves so I imagine it's hard to progress.

:lol Yeah, I was going off GMT forgetting it's BST right now. v.v;;

Wes

venison crêpe
Seems switching to utorrent worked in the end.

Going by the torrent info, I hit 250kb/s around 4am and finished about 8am.

Xux

Teknoman said:
Blue Gartr, FFXI linkshell/clan. There should be alot more screens around here soon.

I doubt it; I'm sure they expect all 15,000 new testers to follow the NDA.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Munba said:
Thanks. Where do i put this file? There is a procedure to do after downloading it?

C:\User\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Final Fantasy XIV Beta..\

Look there

Wes

venison crêpe
I went to move my file across to the correct folder, and now the uploader is looking for H2010.07.12.2000. I did a search for it and this new part folder is in the same d96437e6 folder as the .07.09. version was also in.

Looks like they released a slightly changed 3.2GB file and now I've got to download that.

Seriously, this is fucking annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom