• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

Jinko said:
Yup, I just got another one lol

LOL what the hell.

Do these typically hit at once or is there still hope for me? Neither of my SE IDs are showing as being part of the beta so I going to assume I didnt make it this time either. Ugh.

Jinko

Salaadin said:
LOL what the hell.

Do these typically hit at once or is there still hope for me? Neither of my SE IDs are showing as being part of the beta so I going to assume I didnt make it this time either. Ugh.

It's not showing up for either of my SE accounts either yet.

Sent you a PM.

Salaadin said:
LOL what the hell.

I'm hoping they come in waves :(

Jinko

Test Schedule

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 3:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (PDT)
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. - Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

Thursday, July 15, 2010 – 5:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (PDT)
Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 5:00 p.m. - Friday, July 16, 2010 at 3:00 a.m. (PDT)

* Testers from all regions may log in during the above times.

* The beta tests scheduled for Saturday, July 17 and Sunday, July 18 have been cancelled due to network maintenance. Subsequent dates and times will be posted at a later date.

LOL what .. !!

Looks like they have merged all regions and extended the play times. (10 hours)

Waits for the OMGZ crash and burn.

gillty

Banned
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 3:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (PDT)
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. - Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

Thursday, July 15, 2010 – 5:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (PDT)
Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 5:00 p.m. - Friday, July 16, 2010 at 3:00 a.m. (PDT)

* Testers from all regions may log in during the above times.

* The beta tests scheduled for Saturday, July 17 and Sunday, July 18 have been cancelled due to network maintenance. Subsequent dates and times will be posted at a later date.
getting close to 24 hour servers!, good thing midterms dont start until next week :lol

Teknoman

If everything is merged as well as the play times...I guess this counts as closed beta phase 2?

CST conversion:

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 5:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (CST)
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 5:00 p.m. - Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 3:00 a.m. (CST)

Thursday, July 15, 2010 – 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST)
Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. - Friday, July 16, 2010 at 5:00 a.m. (CST)

Teknoman

Munba said:
Yes, my friend today. Hotmail email.

Alright cool, at least I know thats not why I haven't received an invite yet :lol

No big deal since all the servers and times are merged now and im sharing :D

As of July 12, 2010, we have confirmed the following issues. Please note that these issues need not be reported via the Bug Report form.

[Known Issues]

--- Added: 7/12/2010 ---

- On certain AMD (ATI) graphics cards, the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version may appear to run slow.
- On certain NVIDIA graphics cards, characters may not display correctly.

Jinko

What server are the majority of you on btw ?

Might be worth trying to make some parties to kill stuff, do higher guildleves and battle regimens etc.

desa

Jinko said:
What server are the majority of you on btw ?

Might be worth trying to make some parties to kill stuff, do higher guildleves and battle regimens etc.

How do you find out which server you're on?

Ferrio

Banned
So wait there's only 20 hours of beta, but i can't even log on to get my client before then?

(Tried to log on got an error)

Jinko

A tip to help you land on a server of your choice is to make 3 characters with the exact same name.

They will obviously be forced to different server, increasing your chance to be on the one you want.

Ferrio said:
So wait there's only 20 hours of beta, but i can't even log on to get my client before then?

(Tried to log on got an error)

someone didn't read the OP :)

can someone explain local and remote connections when downloading the client. it seems i have some time to kill.

are we all downloading from SEservers or is there a file sharing process going on here?

Jinko

Edit:- according to someone over at BG there were 6k testers added today for america alone, so assuming they have added 6k from EU and 6k from JP they seem very confident in their servers, either that or they have added a bunch of new ones.

Edit 2:- Seems I was wrong they are still adding NA users its currently at 12k :|

Looks like SE are going big time.

desa

Jinko said:
It will say when you log in..

GM message: Welcome to (server)

I'll beable to make my mithra boat shock avy :D

Thanks! And the army continues to grow! All the new beta invitees follow suit! The holy shit on a boat linkshell!

Edit: Anyone know how many servers there are?

hgplayer1

Im able to log into the tester site and Ive had the client downloaded for like a week and it just updated just now.

Of course I get an error when trying to start the game now but looks like Im ready to go for tomorrow.

If it doesnt run on my PC Ill probably spend most of tomorrow night figuring out upgrades :(

J-Rzez

Well, I just got invited to this. I thought something was wrong with my account until I read what others are saying. I assumed I'd be able to download the client at least and be read to go for tomorrow. Oh well.

Ewww. Server up times. :(

Looking forward to checking this out though. I enjoyed FFXI until I got to the "you need a group for this" level cap nonsense.

So, can I download the beta client from the OP and take it from there?

Ronok

I'm trying to run the version update and it seems this is going to take a REALLY long time. o.o;;

Is 150kb/s about the same as everyone else is getting? :lol

Jinko

Ronok said:
I'm trying to run the version update and it seems this is going to take a REALLY long time. o.o;;

Using the client i was getting 24 kb/s, i ended up switching t Utorrent (there is a torrent file in Documents/My Games/FFXIbeta .. etc.) and it was much faster.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ronok said:

I got like 700-800 on the client and 200~ on utorrent.

Just let it sit in the background and do other stuff

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Currently 1 kb/sec

80000000000 hours to go!

Londa

Banned
I'm missing out on so much.. I'm still downloading the first beta version.... siiigh.

Anyone ever try using those USB internet connection things for the laptop. That you pay for every month? Do those give you fast a connection? My internet is having issues and will not let me download the beta version since the friday after last.

Forbiden

I'm trying to download the client(just got into the beta in these last invites), but for some reason the download wont start from mediafire. Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?

Anyone got an idea why it crashes when trying to run? I'm guessing it's because my drivers are out of date as it's the same as what happened with the benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom