• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Wes said:
I went to move my file across to the correct folder, and now the uploader is looking for H2010.07.12.2000. I did a search for it and this new part folder is in the same d96437e6 folder as the .07.09. version was also in.

Looks like they released a slightly changed 3.2GB file and now I've got to download that.

Seriously, this is fucking annoying.

Yeah that happened to me las time :( i had the 07.200 and it look for 09.200, so if you dont have it updated, it dont download the small file, and that sucks.

:/

I'm gonna snapshot my FFXIV game folder to see if in another pc can avoid that.

Gromph

Staff Member
Fakto said:
Arrrrg ! Fuck This !

37 Days and 50 Hours time remaining >,<

How do I download the thing with Utorrent ?

Open the C:\User\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Final Fantasy XIV Beta..\ (dont remeber the rest) and look for metadata folder on ffxiv-beta/d96437e6

Inside is the torrent.

Wes

venison crêpe
Seems if you didn't update using the 09 file about three hours ago, it's now useless, and you need todays file 12.

Why they couldn't do a small patch from 09 to 12 for everyone... I just don't know.

Gromph

Staff Member
Wes said:
Seems if you didn't update using the 09 file about three hours ago, it's now useless, and you need todays file 12.

Why they couldn't do a small patch from 09 to 12 for everyone... I just don't know.

They do if you have the game updated. :(

Quote from official forums.

This is advice for technically proficient users. I am using uTorrent instead of SE's client and cannot guarantee this will work with SE's client.

If you have already downloaded part of H2010.07.09.2000.patch but now need H2010.07.12.2000.patch, I would recommend saving over the old file when downloading the newer one. This will keep you from re-downloading up to 60% of the needed data. To save over the old patch file, rename the 07.09 file to 07.12 (moving or renaming the earlier 07.12 file first, if needed) and restart the torrent.

Personally, I was only about 20% through downloading 07.09 when I noticed 07.12 was out. However, by saving over the old data I was able to start 07.12 at 15% completion instead of 0%.

Using uTorrent (if configured correctly) can also double or triple your download speed compared to SE's client.

Wes said:

I renamed the 09 file to 12 after downloading it from the direct link posted earlier and the patcher picked up about 60% of it. So it only needs to download another 40%.

Wes

venison crêpe
MiloFoxburr said:
I renamed the 09 file to 12 after downloading it from the direct link posted earlier and the patcher picked up about 60% of it. So it only needs to download another 40%.

Risky doing this, but I'll give it a shot too.

Gromph

Staff Member
Jinko said:
**Drags himself out of bed /wave to everyone, this better be hitch free of im going back :lol

Muahhhh... i cant play til 15:30 GMT+2 :/ but im gonna play till 22:00 GMT+2 :D

LowParry

HappyBivouac said:
I haven't slept at all, and believe me I tried. Christ. Here goes.

If they haven't fixed the controls I may just go to bed. :lol

If there are no changes listed on the beta forums, then they're the same.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm, guys... anyone know how I can even start the game?

I downloaded it through Utorrent and it's complete now but it's just a folder with the file "H2010.07.09.2000.patch". How di I actually start it?

vivin

Oh man...no invite here :( S-E screwing over loyal FFXI fans confirmed! :lol I do wonder...Has anyone who got a beta invite live out in say oh....Australia/New Zealand? that could explain my lack of an invite :D

Jinko

Yup servers look like they are getting hammered, and so the fun begins.

How do they expect us to post bugs if you can't alt tab in fullscreen, guess i'll have to use laptop.. wait this is FF14 right ? (has a flashback of 11)

Gromph

Staff Member
Yoshichan said:

I downloaded it through Utorrent and it's complete now but it's just a folder with the file "H2010.07.09.2000.patch". How di I actually start it?

You need to copy to c:\users\documents\My games\Final Fantasy XIV Beta\ffxiv-beta/d96437e6/patch/

And run the ffxivboot.exe :)

Yoshichan said:

-edit- What Gromph said is better.

Doesn't matter though they released a new patch so you can either rename that to H2010.07.12.2000.patch and start at 60% or download the new H2010.07.12.2000.patch and start at 0%.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MiloFoxburr said:
-edit- What Gromph said is better.

Doesn't matter though they released a new patch
so you can either rename that to H2010.07.12.2000.patch and start at 60% or download the new H2010.07.12.2000.patch and start at 0%.
Oh god really :lol ?

gillty

Banned
This is what happens when nearly 100,000+ beta testers wake up a at a specific time to login. :lol

Now Loading... TM

Jinko

Yoshichan said:
Jinko, didn't you use the Utorrent method? I downloaded it completely on Utorrent but don't know what to do now :(

Yea you have to copy the patch file over to Documents/My Games/FFXIbeta/downloads/ and put it in the correct patch folder.

Start the FF14beta exe up and it will autopatch it.

I think they are up, as im getting the character creation screen but it keep kicking me off at that point, at least we don't need to relog everytime we get a timeout message now.

LowParry

HappyBivouac said:
Nah if they were down we wouldn't be able to start the client.

Just gonna keep trying. :lol

You can start the client even if the servers are down. You can get past the Start part to "Now Loading" but you won't get to the character select. I keep getting the same messege as if the servers are down. So I dunno. The loading part is taking a lot longer than usual though.

Windowed mode may be my choice of play today.

gillty

Banned
Jinko said:
Yea you have to copy the patch file over to Documents/My Games/FFXIbeta/downloads/ and put it in the correct patch folder.

Start the FF14beta exe up and it will autopatch it
I thinkk the patch folder is: Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\d96437e6\patch

but I'd make a copy of that file before launching the client

Yoshichan

Okay so I have H2010.07.09.2000.patch and H2010.07.12.2000.patch in the folder now... which exe-file am I suppposed to open? There's this one on the desktop and one called "ffxivboot" and another one :/

Gromph

Staff Member
Yoshichan said:
Okay so I copied the patch over and now I should start the ffxivboot-file again right?

Yes, launch the game and it will autopatch

Ronok

I made my character, tried to connect and then server time out. Now I can't even get back to that screen. :'( I'm probably going to have to make my character again now. >.>;;

LowParry

Just gotta keep trying. It's probably going to be like this for the first couple of hours. In game is going to be a nightmare. :lol

Gromph

Staff Member
It's jp prime time, and EU good time too... so wait a bit :)

Jinko

LOL same here got in made character and now stuck at loading screen again.

This is guna be a small taste of launch day :p

Yoshichan

Yay, starting at 60% now :)

Yoshichan said:
So it's starting from 0% again... I have the H2010.07.12.2000.patch inside the patch-folder... everything should be working as it should right? I thought I would start at 60-70% or something at least...

Close the patcher and delete H2010.07.12.2000.patch and rename your completed H2010.07.09.2000.patch file to H2010.07.12.2000.patch

Restart the patcher and it'll begin around 60%.

Yoshichan

MiloFoxburr said:
Close the patcher and delete H2010.07.12.2000.patch and rename your completed H2010.07.09.2000.patch file to H2010.07.12.2000.patch

Restart the patcher and it'll begin around 60%.
Got it :)! Thanks

Misterinenja said:
God this game has awful performance. Also it didn't show my character at the first battle and crashed when I alt-tabbed.

They've already said that there are issues with certain graphic cards and the current beta. Maybe you have one of the affected cards.

gillty

Banned
Players' Site
FFXIV Admin
SQUARE ENIX Registered: 03/05/10
On the Official FINAL FANTASY XIV Players' Site, players can view in-game character data, write blogs, and communicate with other players through the site's various features.

In order to make the site more user-friendly, we welcome the opinions of all beta testers. Please let us know what you think about the site's features and usability.

Using the Site
Click the Official FINAL FANTASY XIV Players' Site link to go to the login page. Log in with the Square Enix account you use for the beta test, and select a character from the account selection screen to access your Home page.

*Use of the Players' Site requires an account with at least one FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test character.

Site Features

- Home
View your character's profile, write a blog, and follow other users.
The most recent posts to the Players' Site—as well as comments to your blog—are displayed on your top page.
Character Profile
View your character's data.
-Displayed information
Character name (World name) / Race / Class / Nameday / Guardian / Starting City / Physical Level / Experience / Points / HP / MP / TP / Attributes (STR, INT, etc.) / Elements / Skill List
Blog
Maintain a blog with entries of your adventures and escapades.
Follow
See what other users on the Players' Site have been writing about in their blogs.
*A log of the posts by players you are following will be displayed under "Posts" in the Follow section of your page.

- Account Settings
Select the character you wish to use the site with, upload images, and more.

- Search
Use this helpful feature to find characters and blogs on the Players' Site.

- Character Pages
View other player's character profiles and blogs, and see who they're following.

View the Official FINAL FANTASY XIV Players' Site..
Share your thoughts about the Official FINAL FANTASY XIV Players' Site.

http://players.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom