• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caj814

bardia said:
Making my character.....the char creation screen now shows the Stats of each race (STR, DEX etc.) and they all differ between race :lol

I thought there weren't going to be differences this time around.

Teknoman

Caj814 said:

5 bucks says alot of the things they said werent going to happen/ werent going to be in game will end up being in game at retail.

careksims

Dug said:
2dkioia3.gif

Priceless.

Wah you're in!? I can't even get in my account or the game!

Despera

Banned
Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again.

To sum up what SE did to us...

2ytusuc.gif

falastini

Zomba13 said:
Would have wanted Figaro (recently played through FFVI) but Lindblum is cool too. I bet it'll be popular though due to the amount of votes it's gotten from you guys.

Nah, I bet Wutai and Besaid will be the most popular. Honestly, I didn't even remember what Lindblum was
FF9 was pretty forgettable to me anyways :eek:

bardia

Caj814 said:

Same here, that's why I was surprised. Elemental resistances differ as well. Also if you choose say a Midlander Hyur over Highlander your stats differ as well

Londa

Banned
bardia said:
Making my character.....the char creation screen now shows the Stats of each race (STR, DEX etc.) and they all differ between race :lol

LOL, I remember when they said there would be no stats based on race choice XD

Zomba13

bardia said:
How much?
Could you grab some screenies of each races base stats?

Fucking SE, already breaking shit that actually worked fine in the closed beta, 10 min crystal use (lol mages. SE says fuck you all) and now differing stats per race. I bet now My lala will be shitter at melee than usual and I'm forced to go melee now.

Teknoman

Zomba13 said:
How much?
Could you grab some screenies of each races base stats?

Fucking SE, already breaking shit that actually worked fine in the closed beta, 10 min crystal use (lol mages. SE says fuck you all) and now differing stats per race. I bet now My lala will be shitter at melee than usual and I'm forced to go melee now.

To be fair, there were plenty of melee Tarus in XI.

It'll give you an small edge for certain jobs, but im sure it wont hinder you.

bardia

Can't take screen cause I'm in full screen and playing from my tv, but here are some comparisons:

Hyur Midlander:

STR 16, VIT 15, DEX 14, INT 16, MND13, PIT 16

Hyur Highlander:

STR 18, VIT 17 DEX 15 INT 13 MND 15 PIT 12

Elezen Wildwood:

STR 14 VIT 13 DEX 18 INT 17 MND 12 PIT 16

Lalafel Dunesfolk:

STR 12 VIT 12 DEX 15 INT 16 MND 17 PIT 18

I can freely move around with ease in my SE account management page. But being that I was in CB, I have no key yet. And I can't apply for one due to the server error page (which loads quickly now).

Londa

Banned
Salaadin said:
They changed their minds and made everyone have to register

blah, I guess I won't be joining in Open Beta. Aint not way I can make this registration thing work for me....

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Suspended? Fuck that, I'm not going to sit around on the internet for them to willy-nilly decide when to open it again.

Khrno

bardia said:
Can't take screen cause I'm in full screen and playing from my tv, but here are some comparisons:

Hyur Midlander:

STR 16,

Hyur Highlander:

STR 18,

Elezen Wildwood:

STR 14

The fuck?

There goes my elvaan lookalike

falastini

Londa said:
if CB people already have a code, how do I find it? I looked in my yahoo email. :(
I don't think we do, they changed the message on the entry site.

edit: I got a code after clicking through that site.

Einherjar

What in the world...

I finally get the code, 20 mins later I finally link it to a service account, I log in, see a PLAY button, hit it... time out!?

Zomba13

Teknoman said:
To be fair, there were plenty of melee Tarus in XI.

It'll give you an small edge for certain jobs, but im sure it wont hinder you.
True. I was a Taru PLD when I wasn't summoning >.>
It might work out fine if it isn't something like lala have 5 base str and 15 base int and the int cannot go lower than 15 so I couldn't shove it into str.

Think I'm just really pissed about the crystal thing (still don't know if it's true).

Lalafel Dunesfolk:

STR 12 VIT 12 DEX 15 INT 16 MND 17 PIT 18

Ouch. Looks like I'm gonna need to pump more into str and vit than I have been. I'm not going anywhere near mages if the 10 min cooldown on crystals restoring mp is true.

Khrno

To complete the list:

Hyur Midlander:
STR 16, VIT 15, DEX 14, INT 16, MND 13, PIT 16

Hyur Highlander:
STR 18, VIT 17, DEX 15, INT 13, MND 15, PIT 12

Elezen Wildwood:
STR 14, VIT 13, DEX 18, INT 17, MND 12, PIT 16

Elezen Duskwight:
STR 15, VIT 14, DEX 15, INT 18, MND 15, PIT 13

Lalafel Dunesfolk:
STR 12, VIT 12, DEX 15, INT 16, MND 17, PIT 18

Lalafel Plainsfolk:
STR 13, VIT 13, DEX 17, INT 16, MND 15, PIT 16

Miqo'te Seeker Sun:
STR 16, VIT 15, DEX 17, INT 13, MND 14, PIT 15

Miqo'te Keeper Moon:
STR 13, VIT 12, DEX 16, INT 14, MND 18, PIT 17

Roegadyn Sea Wolf:
STR 17, VIT 18, DEX 13, INT 12, MND 16, PIT 14

Roegadyn Hellsguard
STR 15, VIT 16, DEX 12, INT 15, MND 17, PIT 15

Edit: clicked too soon

I'd love to see the Roegadyn stats if somebody doesn't mind taking the time to check them out.

We have an important announcement to the testers who have participated in FINAL FANTASY XIV Closed Beta Test.
Between 19:00 and 19:50 (PDT) on Sep. 1, 2010, an incorrect notice saying "Participants of closed beta test do not need to obtain new registration code for the open beta test." was being made on FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Application Site.

Participants of closed beta test also need to obtain and register dedicated registration code for the open beta test. Please follow the directions listed in the mail "Guide to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test," which was sent to the participants of closed beta test on Aug. 31, 2010, and obtain the registration code from FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test Application Site.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
WHORES!

LaneDS

Least open open beta ever. Kudos S-E, the streak continues.

I expect them to re-open applications soon, but still, very terribly handled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom