• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

For bonus points to make up for my bad spelling I'll name another blitzball team. The Luca Goers (worst team name ever btw)

DeathNote said:
i can't change it to full screne in there

You should be able to. Once you open the config up, click "general." Then hit the "Video Settings" tab. Select the dropdown menu under where it says "Display Mode." Choose "Full Screen"

C.Dark.DN

Banned
BentMyWookiee said:
You should be able to. Once you open the config up, click "general." Then hit the "Video Settings" tab. Select the dropdown menu under where it says "Display Mode." Choose "Full Screen"
it only has window under there

Teknoman

DeathNote said:
it only has window under there

imjjn6.jpg

I think you have to make sure its set to Display 1 and buffer size resolution?

Khrno

Londa said:
Ok, if and when I get the code, how do I put it in?

Go to this link https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/accffxiv

Fill the details they will ask you, unless you did that already yesterday.

Click yes, accept, confirm, for about 10 different messages, and then you'll be done.

You'll get an email confirming the registration:

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Your service account has been registered. Please confirm the details below:

Date Registered: 09/02/2010
Service Account Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
DeathNote said:
game: 2010.09.01.2001
boot: 2010.08.27.2001

Thanks. That gets me to the launcher, but it's still the wrong launcher I think. It still looks like this:

login.jpg

And I get an error every time. There is a new launcher, correct? How the hell do I get it? I downloaded everything off of Groomph's and those two new small patches.

Salaadin

All menu lag? I tried the equipment screen and it was smooth. What about abilities? Still get that "Cannot find data" error or whatever it was when you try to equip abilities?

Balya

I'm in. It's pretty frame-y on my laptop so I don't know how much I'll be able to accomplish. :lol

Balya Malkan of Ul'dah, Lindblum.

bardia

Menu lag is definitely gone, but for some reason I'm getting tons of stuttering with my GTX 460...anyone else have stuttering problems?

LaneDS

bardia said:
Menu lag is definitely gone, but for some reason I'm getting tons of stuttering with my GTX 460...anyone else have stuttering problems?

Oh shit, encouraging news. At least the first part.

Einherjar

Is there any site with info on the leveling stuff?

No idea what any of the stats / elements do or how I should be leveling / armory system, etc.

LaneDS

Salaadin said:
My 5850 seemed the same as it was in closed beta. 30ish in town, 60ish outside. No stuttering.

I was actually pretty ok with the performance in the last phase. Wasn't great (in crowds), but it was definitely playable. The atrocious UI lag, however, made me really hate on the game. Glad that seems to be gone.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again.

:lol After they lied to closed beta people, now I get this.

LowParry

I'm at Camp Black Bush if anyone wants to quest it out. Dark Elf is the name. I just did one but will keep the other 4 open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom