• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

I just did the installer, and the copied over (and replaced when needed) the other huge folder from the rar... did I do everything right?

Probably trying to download the 2 patches from yesterday (10 MB). Look a few pages back, I uploaded both patches to Mediafire.

After my installer downloads the game files, it tries to "Check update file H2010.08.30.2000 1/4", and then at 99.6% stalls out when installing and gives me an error telling me the files are corrupted and then shuts down. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas how to resolve?

Chris R

Khrno said:
Probably trying to download the 2 patches from yesterday (10 MB). Look a few pages back, I uploaded both patches to Mediafire.
The downloader finally started and I'm getting a speed for 20Kb/s now. Not fast, but only like ~3 minuets before I can start playing now I guess.

Hoping the servers are a bit more stable now since it is almost 3 AM on the East Coast :lol

edit: nevermind, lobby error so I can't even get to server selection! YAY

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Whifflebat said:
After my installer downloads the game files, it tries to "Check update file H2010.08.30.2000 1/4", and then at 99.6% stalls out when installing and gives me an error telling me the files are corrupted and then shuts down. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas how to resolve?
Try the post above, replace the last 2 patches and see what happens.

Anyway, I have sporadically tried the EU beta page only to get server errors each time, boo!

careksims

I just wanted to check if servers were back on and they are and with not many on, it's super smooth! I wish it was like this all the time!

Caj814

Alright back in business
2co3exf.jpg

Khrno

careksims said:
I just wanted to check if servers were back on and they are and with not many on, it's super smooth! I wish it was like this all the time!

Wow, I could get in now too.

ZiZ

looks like I didn't make it in time to register for my key.

what are the chances of them giving away more keys tomorrow?

Zomba13

Oh snap! I'm in to the character creator!

When I'm done I'll be in Lindblum's Ul'Dah

OhWOW! different races/clans have different starting affinities too. Nice to see lalafell plainsfolk have high thunder, which was what i was going with on a mage (lol like im going to do magic now. You've won SE)

LowParry

Yeah, leveling is a lot more slower. Anyone had a chance to try group level for exp boosts or same'ol?

I really like Ul'Dah. It has everything I need here to what I want to do.

vivin

wow, I really really liked Gridania's starting..like wow.. Anyways, Have just stepped into the world of FFXIV Char name is

Taru Taru - Gridania

Zomba13

Finished making Zomba Thirteen. This time Green hair :D
In Ul'dah

EDIT: literally right past the first Ul'dah cutscene and I like this opening a lot more than Limsa's. I mean Limsa has Leviathan and that's an awesome primal but the boat cutscene intro wasn't too great. This place looks really cool and really lively and colourful.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Miyara Dantes.

ayr0bc.png

Going to use beta time to check out the other cat people so when full version comes around I can chose a more unique look. So far so good. Hairstyle seems uncommon enough and white hair doesn't seem to be in.

Khrno

vivin said:
wow, I really really liked Gridania's starting..like wow.. Anyways, Have just stepped into the world of FFXIV Char name is

Taru Taru - Gridania

Got a runtime error and now I'm getting a Service Unavailable when trying to log back on.

CcrooK said:
Haters gonna hate.

I tried sitting in a chair with /sit and /lounge and just couldn't do it, always sat in the floor.

vivin

Khrno said:
Got a runtime error and now I'm getting a Service Unavailable when trying to log back on.

I tried sitting in a chair with /sit and /lounge and just couldn't do it, always sat in the floor.

Ah, thats too bad. Ill just explore for a bit ^_^

LowParry

Zomba13 said:
Ok out of the intro. Whose head of Ul'dah Stars of destiny/gafshell?

Not sure. I'd say Tekno since he handled it last time.

Edit:

One thing SE has, is visuals. This game is extremely good looking.

ixf907.jpg

bardia

I'm currently in Ul'dah, wanting to team up to do Guild leves. Message me, (Cyrus Ziad) if anyones interested, im sitting by the atherythe right now :D

Zomba13

Anyone had their fortune read by the mammet by the PUG guild in Ul'dah? He gave mine as 42. I want to know if its calculated mine to be that of just a default and is supposed to be a hitch-hikers reference.

LowParry

They really ramped up the difficulty. If you're not Rank 10, you're fucked.

Edit:

I'm gonna call it a night. Leveling is more difficult which is good. I'd like to see if group questing is more or less better for exp. Time shall tell. Things are looking a little brighter but we'll see how the next week goes.

Zomba13

I see they still haven't fixed the bug that causes the game to crash just after you've returned with a drink and started a leve. -.-
If it's going to crash why can't it be just before I activate the leve of while I'm in the kitchen getting the drink?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Zomba13 said:
Wow. So a lot less than SE's 8 hours. I mean beta code thingie has only been up 8 hours.

Yeah, you'll see it soon, it's brown icon of a sword and maybe a shield, the description is in Japanese. Still trying to figure out what makes it trigger so quickly. You'll probably notice the drastic XP drop first though lol.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Conceited said:
Did you start in Limsa? On the GAF server?
That desert town. I'm doing a quest where I gotta kill 3 naked moles. I got 2, but none have spawned in the last 10 minutes

I'm supposed to stay in that yellow area or not?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Rentahamster said:
That desert town. I'm doing a quest where I gotta kill 3 naked moles. I got 2, but none have spawned in the last 10 minutes

I'm supposed to stay in that yellow area or not?

Is there an orange arrow on your map? You should follow it, or it could be that there's a mole above or below you depending on where you are located.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Conceited said:
Is there an orange arrow on your map? You should follow it, or it could be that there's a mole above or below you depending on where you are located.
Yeah, I followed it, killed 2 moles, and then no more ever appeared :lol

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Rentahamster said:
Yeah, I followed it, killed 2 moles, and then no more ever appeared :lol

Well if you're still in an orange circle then they're probably above or below you, is there a cave below you? They won't show up on the map unless you're on the same plane as they are.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Conceited said:
Well if you're still in an orange circle then they're probably above or below you, is there a cave below you? They won't show up on the map unless you're on the same plane as they are.
Nope, flat ground all the way.

Edit:....and my client just crashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom