• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Since my friends client still won't load for him, I'm on his account. Made a char named Manabu Orido in Limsa if anyone wants to group up.

Jinko

Conjueres guild is quite cool.

ffxivgame20100902060659.jpg

ffxivgame20100902060807.jpg

Decay24

Neo Member
"Because password entry has failed multiple times, you will not be able to log in for several minutes."

Yay. I should just go to bed and see if I can get a key tomorrow... but I won't :p

falastini

Well, I was in for 5 mins before it booted me. Guess we can start a character list..
Limsa Lominsa

Ul'dah
Falastini - Rusty Subligar
CcrooK - Dark Elf

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko

*denotes ppl with pearls
quote and add your names

Nakazato

falastini said:
Well, I was in for 5 mins before it booted me. Guess we can start a character list..

quote and add your names
Limsa Lominsa

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko

Zomba13

CcrooK said:
WTF?! Where's the fanfare music when I level up! Fuck you SE!
They took it out after it being broken in the closed beta. You heard it for miles and it was always going off so instead of fixing it they just removed it (maybe they'll do that with mages come release the way they are going)

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko

I can log into the client, but after I hit start I get this:

w216540893.png

Then the client closes. =(

EDIT: If I play full screen, can I alt+tab or go to the desktop and come back to the game?

Rentahamster said:
So we're going in that Limblad server or something?

Or is it somewhere else?
Lindblum

Jinko

Glitchy gown on this NPC, although its pretty cool looking in the bottom pic.

ffxivgame20100902061803.jpg

ffxivgame20100902061734.jpg

Children look better in this game than in FF11 for sure
ffxivgame20100902061725.jpg

LowParry

Yeah, I got booted from server and can't get back in. Though yeah, leves have less exp now. With the 5 I finished solo, class rank 4, physical rank 6.

Edit: Game looks pretty damn cool I'll say.

33a88lf.jpg

falastini

I either get a "lobby server connection error", or a "FFXIV beta account is needed" error when I try to get on now.

Oh well. I need to get to bed anyhow.

t3nn7d5zc3h5s9m2u15t.jpg

I liked the music for this zone.... the 2 mins before I crashed..

Zomba13

Its saying that I need to choose an account that has ffxiv access. But on my SE secure login thing I've registered the code and its part of my active services (activated September 2). I log in with my SE account with it activated on too. it's asking me in the background to choose an account (behind the box with the error in)

nataku

Hmm. The game is definitely more responsive than it was. Framerate is about the same though - shitty, with stutter.

I haven't made a character in Limsa yet to see if it's Gridania and Ul'Dah that are better optimized or what. UI lag is better. It still has stupid delays in menus that are just a part of the design, but that's general SE bullshit that they put in almost all their games.

I'm getting that lobby server error now.

Oh yeah, and screw whatever SE coder thought it would be an awesome idea to put all your graphic options in an external config. Get with it, SE. All those options should be changeable on the fly without having to exit the dame game. It makes it so much harder to tweak settings for best performance.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
So my problem is those last two small patches. I have them downloaded but every time I launch now I get the 20524 error when the install hits about 55.1%. These things have to install, I can't just change the game version, does anyone know a solution?

Zomba13 said:
http://i55.tinypic.com/21kf95t.jpg

lolwut? The account I logged in as is the one I want to fucking use!

I'm now getting that same message. I'm hesitant to say the problem is on Squeenix's end since this whole open beta thing hasn't had any problems so far.

somesang

BentMyWookiee said:
I'm now getting that same message. I'm hesitant to say the problem is on Squeenix's end since this whole open beta thing hasn't had any problems so far.
Subtle, I like it.

careksims

Thanks for the LS invite, Jinko. Kessah is the char I play in there. Things seem smoother and better than the last beta. Hopefully they can improve even more. Best way for me to play it is KB + 360 controller. FPS in the 30s so far but it does dip. Not enough to kill the fun.

desa

can someone upload the ffxivgame.exe file for me please. So frustrating. It checks everytime you start the game yet there's files missing thus it won't start. First it was the ffxivlogin.exe now this one. God damn SE, get your shit together.

DrDogg

I made my character but now I just get the lobby error or the services error. I'll give it one more hour. Maybe one day I'll get to play.

Zomba13

Login server is down I think. Now when I run the client the log in page doesnt load and it just get Service Unavailable (Busy).

Khrno

Zomba13 said:
Login server is down I think. Now when I run the client the log in page doesnt load and it just get Service Unavailable (Busy).

I'm getting that too sometimes, but then after a few tries it comes back, however the 13100 error doesn't let me get in the game server.

Jinko

Game is freezeing after the SquareEnix sign, just getting black screen no start/cancel option.

Thought we were past the worst of it, but i guess not :lol

13100 The lobby server connection has encountered an error.

careksims

Jinko said:
Game is freezeing after the SquareEnix sign, just getting black screen no start/cancel option.

Thought we were past the worst of it, but i guess not :lol

Oh man after I left too. I thought it was all doves and roses. Seemed fine awhile ago!

Balya

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko

I logged out to take a shower, guess that was a mistake. :lol

desa

lol I can't believe they didn't anticipate this. Very disappointed they still have server problems. I'll try again tomorrow.

bardia

Conceited - Manabu Orido

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko

Khrno

From the Beta site:

FINAL FANTASY XIV Login Difficulties (Sep. 2)

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties where testers may be unable to log back in once they log out of FINAL FANTASY XIV.Investigation and recovery work is currently underway, but we ask for your patience as this matter is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Chris R

Downloaded the huge rar, but the game is still trying to patch stuff (and doing it at the breakneck speed of 0.0b/s)

I just did the installer, and the copied over (and replaced when needed) the other huge folder from the rar... did I do everything right?

Soroc

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro

Status
Not open for further replies.