• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Conceited said:
Then I have no idea, maybe it's bugged?
Beats me. I failed cuz time ran out so I'll try again. I attempted to do one where I gotta kill 6 moles, but little did I know that for this particular quest they travel in groups of threes, hehee.

Khrno

Gridania emote's quest is bugged, there are 6 kids and you are supposed to do the emote they do, but all of them do the same thing, and the message they give doesn't really tells you what emote to use.

Limsa's emote quest was way easier lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So how do I return or exchange a failed guildleve? Go back to the guy that issued it? I don't see an option for that though...

zlatko

Banned
Any idea when the game will let me log back in? I got a crash and now I get the error saying gtfo! :lol

I'm on Lindblum server on Ul'dah and it crashed for me going to the leve quest place camp outside of town where you can do the tutorial leves and your first quests. Not sure of the places name off the top of my head.

Also:

Ul'dah
Falastini - Rusty Subligar
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro

Canti

After many refreshes I finally signed up!

Trying to get onto Lindblum but I'm in a queue, placed 215th to next log in :lol

Name is Canti Socanto in Ul'dah, if anyone is handing out linkpearls?

Zomba13

zlatko said:
Any idea when the game will let me log back in? I got a crash and now I get the error saying gtfo! :lol

I'm on Lindblum server on Ul'dah and it crashed for me going to the leve quest place camp outside of town where you can do the tutorial leves and your first quests. Not sure of the places name off the top of my head.

Also:

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
omg I saw you earlier! Ran right past you though. Liked the name though (awesome anime)

ZeroEdge

Dammit I got to log in make a char see the opening then realized I had 5 mins to get my ass to work :( 10 hours to go before I can log in and actually play....dammit

Pietepiet

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa

Just created my character and started in Gridania :)

Can't play right now though, back to work. Will play more this weekend

carlo6529

If I make a character in open beta and start in LL, will my character at launch have to start there too? I want to start in gridania at launch but I don't want to spoil it so I was going to make my ob character start in LL.

Salaadin

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Salaadin - Salaadin Voivode

Londa

Banned
Khrno said:
Got a runtime error and now I'm getting a Service Unavailable when trying to log back on.

I tried sitting in a chair with /sit and /lounge and just couldn't do it, always sat in the floor.

LAME! would be funny if you can only sit if you have fatigue :lol :lol

jiggle

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls

vivin

Khrno said:
Gridania emote's quest is bugged, there are 6 kids and you are supposed to do the emote they do, but all of them do the same thing, and the message they give doesn't really tells you what emote to use.

Limsa's emote quest was way easier lol

we got there in the end...we got there in the end lol, no better quest than the "guess my emote game"

Oh, btw:

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru

Canti

Had to log out and adjust my settings a bit but finally playing! Woo!

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru

Gopsje

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru

But now that I died I can't log in and keep coming back to a queueueue..

Awntawn

It actually takes only 20 minutes or so to run between Gridania and Ul'dah; I think they took away a higher level region in the middle and just stuck shortcut zone-lines in between. I was able to make the run at level 6 without many problems.

6 anima to teleport back though... motherfffff

Munba

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru

vivin

Munba said:
Created in Gridania right now. If there is someone with pearl, i'm in the tavern or around there.

Khrno created a pearl, but I believe he just logged off (could be wrong). I assume we will all merge into one big LS once travel between city's becomes a little easier?

Salaadin

Looks like Gridania and Ul'Dah are easy to get to from eachother. The starting areas connect, at least in open beta.
I see Ferry docks all the way to the west in the desert too. Maybe to get to Limsa?

Londa

Banned
Prositutes in my Final Fantasy??

HowYouDoin.jpg

Who lots of lesbo action....

FFXIVBeta6.jpg

Salaadin

Zomba13 said:
Ul'dah is full of whores, hookers and prostitutes. There's at least one in the miners guild that says if you've got the gil she'll wait for you round back.

Time to change my starting city!

jiggle

cross posting from the other thread, hopefully someone can halp!

every 5 seconds or so
the game would stop responding to my keyboard/mouse
almost as if the game froze
but i can still see other ppl running by, and background animations
i just lose control of the character
if i was running when that happens, the character would continue to run(into walls)

i rebooted my computer, and that fixed the problem for a little while
and then it came back again

anyone have any idea what's going on?
this did not happen in the closed beta ><

Londa

Banned
Zomba13 said:
Ul'dah is full of whores, hookers and prostitutes. There's at least one in the miners guild that says if you've got the gil she'll wait for you round back.

So funny how they are all Miqo'te

jiggle

Rentahamster said:
Okay, what? I select a weapon skill, select "equip in main hand", and nothing happens.

first u click enter on an empty square u want to put the skill in

then pick ur skill

then choose mainhand

look at the chat log
it should say "you have equipped blahblahblah on slot blah"

keep trying until u see that msg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
jiggle said:
first u click enter on an empty square u want to put the skill in

then pick ur skill

then choose mainhand

look at the chat log
it should say "you have equipped blahblahblah on slot blah"

keep trying until u see that msg
Ok, it was because I was still in active mode. Still yet, when I switched to passive mode and tried to equip, it took 2 seconds before it showed up as equipped.

Canti

Rentahamster said:
edit: hmm, new patch.
Ahh I wondered why the game just froze up on me.

Doesn't seem very well optimised? I can run Crysis in windows 720p with max settings on my radeon 5870/i7 at a steady 50fps but here I was pushing 15-20 fps (with double buffer and x8 AA mind). Lowering shadows to high (instead of highest), 4x AA and native 720p resolution I'm getting a playable 35-40 fps average, about 25 fps around busy area like Blackbush. Can keep ambient and DOF on with no problems doing that.

edit: pic sample -

33otb38.png

Rengoku

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge

zlatko

Banned
I was just about to wrap up a leve when my R went to 0 ping and wouldn't change for 5 minutes. So that's my second crash now after a few hours of play. Not too shabby.

I accidently started my first leve without reading it and then realized it's for like miners only and I was a pugilist so I had to abort it. Then on my third leve I was fighting a chiglet mob and I had over 200 health when I got auto killed. It read" You defeat you"... wtf? I guess you can be emo and kill yourself in this game?

I tried using tab to target enemies, but it almost always picks something far off in the distance instead of the monster right next to me hitting me. Is there an easier way to auto target wtf is hitting you?

I equipped a skill, Concusive Blow, and it went to the second line of skills. Is there a proper way to get it on the first line? The menu lag is really dumb when it comes to this.

Any tips on what elements pugilist should focus on when leveling? I've done a lot of wind, fire, and earth. Or is even spread key here ? Not sure if the ele will boost TP skills.

What key on the keyboard automatically does the interact option AKA the ! point you have to click on screen? I'm tired of having to scroll up there when I see a treasure chest in the wild. Speaking of the chests can you just click open and keep running to gain the items or do you have to sit there and wait for it to slowly tell you what you got ?

As of right now the best description for this game is, "Cluster fucker." It drops you way too fast without pacing itself out to expose itself bit by bit with good tutorials. This and the horrible download speeds on the patcher are this games two biggest problems...with fatigue probably right after them when thinking long run.

Azrael

Looks like everyone got booted from the game. When you try to log back in there's a patch, but it stalls at 47.3% downloaded.

Canti

Azrael said:
Looks like everyone got booted from the game. When you try to log back in there's a patch, but it stalls at 47.3% downloaded.
Thought it was just me, good (well, kinda) to know, thanks.

edit: Thanks Jbird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom