• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Canti said:
Ahh I wondered why the game just froze up on me.

Doesn't seem very well optimised? I can run Crysis in windows 720p with max settings on my radeon 5870/i7 but here I was pushing 15-20 fps (with double buffer and x8 AA mind). Lowering shadows to high (instead of highest), 4x AA and native 720p resolution I'm getting a playable 35-40 fps average, about 25 fps around busy area like Blackbush. Can keep ambient and DOF on with no problems doing that.

edit: pic sample -

LOL double buffer is twice the resolution, so you in fact running the game at 1440p and downscaling.

Salaadin

Eaten By A Grue said:
Will do. Either the game is coded poorly or this is the first game to challenge my gaming rig. I am hoping the former.

What are your specs?

Im running an i5 750, HD 5850, and 4GBs of Ram.
Settings are:
1920x1080
4x MSAA
Shadows: High
Depth of Field: Off
Ambient Occlusion: Off
Everything else is maxed.

I get 30 FPS in town and 60 FPS outside. My FPS goes above 60 but Im using d3doverrider for Vsync which caps it off at 60.

Im pretty pleased by how its runs/looks.

Canti

Jinko said:
LOL double buffer is twice the resolution, so you in fact running the game at 1440p and downscaling.
I know, but looking at pics of the game I thought my 5870 would be able to handle it (which, evidently, it cant XD). But I think my new settings are fine, I'd rather play with ambient and dof on and hover around 35 rather than turn it off for a 10 fps boost.

Thanks to Jbird's patch am back in the game :D

Munba

Crushed and the new patch is stucked at 47,3%. :/

Btw, gridania atmosphere is really AWESOME. Also love the piano theme in the thanalan desert. I can't decide anymore sigh..

careksims

Ul'dah
Falastini - Rusty Subligar
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Salaadin - Salaadin Voivode
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
careksims - Kessah Shrykewolf

Canti

BTW I recently had a gold linkpearl start throbbing in the top right of my screen, whats that about? Can't seem to click/read about it in any way.

edit: Thanks Londa.

Londa

Banned
It's tell you that a NPC wants to talk to you through the NPC Linkshell. Its right under "Linkshell" in the main menu. I think its called NPC Linkshell. Not sure. Its to help your progress in the storyline.

Aesthet1c

Anyone else having a terrible time trying to apply for the beta?

I got the server busy page all last night, then I got the page this morning saying they are suspending giving out any more keys, and now I'm back to the server busy page :(

OSHAN

Aesthet1c said:
Anyone else having a terrible time trying to apply for the beta?

I got the server busy page all last night, then I got the page this morning saying they are suspending giving out any more keys, and now I'm back to the server busy page :(

Same.

Jinko

For the Gridania emote quest these are the following emotes you need to use .

Ryd = Surprise
Elyn = Lookout
Aunuille = Beckon
Powle = Cheer
Sansa = Bow
Nicoliaux = Clap

Took me for every to figure them out.

I have messaged a bunch of the Gridania people but no response will just let you message me in your own time i guess lol.

Londa

Banned
Got my key registered so I'll be enjoying the goodies after work. Well only if the servers stay up....

I might make a character on both new starting cities because I want to laugh at all the funny dialoge. I wonder what the Miqo'te whores say to lala's? XD
What about the Galka characters? Must find this out :lol

Salaadin

I enjoyed this much more this morning now that all of the little menu glitchiness is smoothed out. It was much better sorting through abilities and items. No more "data not found" errors either. Thank you!

Londa

Banned
Ishgard3.png

Things like this make my frustrations go away for about an hour...

Sitting.png

Rengoku

Jinko said:
For the Gridania emote quest these are the following emotes you need to use .

Ryd = Surprise
Elyn = Lookout
Aunuille = Beckon
Powle = Cheer
Sansa = Bow
Nicoliaux = Clap

Took me for every to figure them out.

I have messaged a bunch of the Gridania people but no response will just let you message me in your own time i guess lol.

Yeah, that quest was extremely annoying, I can't believe SE put that in there, they don't give you any clue as to which emote to use, its just trial and error.

jiggle

wow
they made the leve crazy hard now
even level 1 ones

and at the same time
crazy nerfed teh skill points from it
wtf

Kuraine

Neo Member
Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge

---

Additionally, this morning's patch... is not downloading. I've been able to get all the previous patches fine, but today is a lovely 0.0b/s for both Upload and Download. Rar.

zlatko

Banned
I have an issue now where I can't get back into the game.

It's stuck on "now loading" in the lower right after I select my character. I tried restarting my computer. Changing from windowed to not windowed mode. I downloaded the two patch files from today and put them in where they go, was able to log in fine after that, then the game crashed again later by going to R0, so I had to quit out.

I think it said something about "direct x" but I think that was with the fact that I alt tabbed when the game was full screen instead of windowed.

Anyone know the remedy ?

Edit: Oh boy that error from last night where after it crashes you can't log back in. 13001 or whatever. *looks at starcraft 2 on desktop*....

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge

I was logged on, but there were not monsters and no crystal at the first camp, so I'm taking a break for now.

careksims

Okay that's annoying.... twice the game crashes while on a quest. What the hell, when I'm just running around killing things, it doesn't crash.

Jbird34

zlatko said:

It's stuck on "now loading" in the lower right after I select my character. I tried restarting my computer. Changing from windowed to not windowed mode. I downloaded the two patch files from today and put them in where they go, was able to log in fine after that, then the game crashed again later by going to R0, so I had to quit out.

I think it said something about "direct x" but I think that was with the fact that I alt tabbed when the game was full screen instead of windowed.

Anyone know the remedy ?

same problem here. I am just leaving it on the loading screen for a while. If that doesn't work I am going to try and make a new char and see if I am just bugged

Canti

zlatko said:

Anyone know the remedy ?
Same problem here, after patching the game stalled with R 0, then after restarting I'm left on the now loading screen. Can't even try the game with all the patches installed XD

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl

Gridania
*Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
ToastyBanana - Doobedytoo Mcjibbajabba

The game's crashed, R0ed out and timedout at log in. Seems fine now though. Also this.. help meh!
2uz9sg9.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hmm, so I died, woke up.

It's been about 10 minutes and my rez sickness purple skull is flashing and hasn't disappeared.

I can't teleport either.

???

EDIT: and an error has occured on the game server. Ok.

zlatko

Banned
I backed out to try again and it's error 1015.

Basically means we won't be getting to play again for 30 mins to an hour, and when we do I believe it sets up a log in queque. Last time I was 287 in line, which made me wait another half hour.

I love the 48hr cool down on leves too. Like it's my god damn fault your game crashes while I'm mid quest, so I have to wait 48 hours to try again? Hell even if you DIE during a leve quest you can keep resuming it, but lord knows if the game crashes you should be punished. UGH!

jiggle

zlatko said:
I love the 48hr cool down on leves too. Like it's my god damn fault your game crashes while I'm mid quest, so I have to wait 48 hours to try again? Hell even if you DIE during a leve quest you can keep resuming it, bug lord knows if the game crashes you should be punished. UGH!

didn't they fix this so u can reflag failed quest?

zlatko

Banned
jiggle said:
didn't they fix this so u can reflag failed quest?

Not sure. When I went to the crystal to pick a leve(after a crash) it showed it grayed out. I guess it's partly my fault for not clicking the grayed out one to see if I can try again.

If it had been me I would have made beginner leve quests have a much shorter cool down as well as retweaking what your exp/gil/item rewards are to be lowered so people don't just power through easy lowbie quests to level fast. tutorial begginer ones should be like 5 hour cool down, and bigger higher level up leves should start adding more hours.

That's just me though. :p

Jbird34

zlatko said:
I backed out to try again and it's error 1015.

Basically means we won't be getting to play again for 30 mins to an hour, and when we do I believe it sets up a log in queque. Last time I was 287 in line, which made me wait another half hour.

I love the 48hr cool down on leves too. Like it's my god damn fault your game crashes while I'm mid quest, so I have to wait 48 hours to try again? Hell even if you DIE during a leve quest you can keep resuming it, but lord knows if the game crashes you should be punished. UGH!

Yeah I backed out also and now getting error 1015 :lol

Azrael

Managed to install the patch from the mirror, but now no NPCs or Aetherite are spawning in Thanalan on Lindblum. And it's happening to everyone on the server.

jiggle

zlatko said:
Not sure. When I went to the crystal to pick a leve(after a crash) it showed it grayed out. I guess it's partly my fault for not clicking the grayed out one to see if I can try again.

iirc
u have to go back to the NPC to reflag it

Canti

I'm not even getting error 1015. Now every time I click start to go to character select, I get (even after rebooting):

2yv2d08.jpg

Corrupt files? Am I screwed? Aww man, what a way to spend the day off work :lol

zlatko

Banned
jiggle said:
iirc
u have to go back to the NPC to reflag it

Is there a quick travel method from the camp site out of Ul'dah back to the counter to get the leve ? Or should I just hoof it back ? I think when I looked at the teleport option I didn't see the option for the town I started in or maybe I'm not familiar with its name.

Right, so I managed to get in NP, created character(confusing stuff) and got in.
Looked around the boat and logged out to check how to take screenshot(alt tabbing crashes game). Now every time I get to select character screen game crashes...
How nice >.<

Although I did download game from different website, so it was sorta preinstalled in folder hmm. Downloading their installer and will copy over, hopefully it will work and won't need to download new patches.

I'm on L one(forgot name). Name is Nolimit Sss. Awesome last name huh haha. Will start new character later on some with more gaf people, no queue here tho.

Azrael

zlatko said:
Is there a quick travel method from the camp site out of Ul'dah back to the counter to get the leve ? Or should I just hoof it back ? I think when I looked at the teleport option I didn't see the option for the town I started in or maybe I'm not familiar with its name.

You need to inspect Aetherite crystals to be able to teleport to them. After you do that to the one in the Aetherite plaza in Ul'dah you should be able to select it for teleport.

Salaadin

You guys go in the underground area in Gridania yet? It looks different from the one in Limsa which was a relief. Limsa was more of a cave while Gridanias is more of an underground fort or something with brick walls. Its nice down there but I couldnt explore too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom