• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londa

Banned
Valru said:

Bitchin, now if this can be accessed with smart phones (which wouldn't make sense if it didn't) then this will be another reason why I will buy an android after I save up for something else. Hehehehe.

Maybe this will support LS sites or Company sites. Like there will be a Geocities-type tool in this for you to create a website for you company? who knows?

LowParry

I dunno if it's FRAPS that makes my screenshots look like crap. What's the best type to use in terms of file type? I'm just going under windowed mode at 1280x720 with sampling down to x1.

a4wjty.jpg

ibeu5h.jpg

Londa

Banned
Gromph said:
For people who need i can put the big file on DD.

Anyone need it?

Edit: Added it.

Dowload from here: http://awk.cenobyte.org/ffxivmovies/ffxiv-beta/

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, MAN!!!

I'm at work downloading this bitch and will be transfering it from my portable Hard Drive to my laptop when I get home from work/school. Seriously, you are the best. I was waiting for someone to do this. For a week and a half.

:D

edit: Ccrook, that armor on the npc is sweet. Looks to be that just like in XI mithra will look the best in all armor styles. hehehe :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm loving this :) Started at 60% and going steady 1kb/sec.. only 200 hours remaining :).

Fuck you Square and your piece of shit network architecture :).

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Yoshichan said:
I'm loving this :) Started at 60% and going steady 1kb/sec.. only 200 hours remaining :).

Fuck you Square and your piece of shit network architecture :).

Ok, when i arrive home, i will put on a VM with 100MB/sec an utorrent with last 3.5GB file, when it complete i will put on web too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Londa said:
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, MAN!!!

I'm at work downloading this bitch and will be transfering it from my portable Hard Drive to my laptop when I get home from work/school. Seriously, you are the best. I was waiting for someone to do this. For a week and a half.
That's the previous patch :/... it'll still take you ages to download the 07.12.2000... at least it is for me.

LowParry

Jinko said:
Anyone know how to get your minimap back on the screen after changing resolutions :lol

There's a problem with that in terms of placement on screen. When you raise or lower res after your first load, it keeps them in place and not move them to the current res. I'm not sure if there is an interface default option.

Wish this que had a timer on it.

Londa

Banned
Yoshichan said:
That's the previous patch :/... it'll still take you ages to download the 07.12.2000... at least it is for me.

Yeah, but I didn't even have the previous one. So I'm happy anyways. :lol

Anyone wanna give us the newest patch too?

Yoshichan

Londa said:
Yeah, but I didn't even have the previous one. So I'm happy anyways. :lol

Anyone wanna give us the previous patch too?
Gromph said:
Ok, when i arrive home, i will put on a VM with 100MB/sec an utorrent with last 3.5GB file, when it complete i will put on web too.
:D

Londa

Banned
Gromph said:

This is patch 07.12.2000, right? If so, thank you so much. maybe I can play on Thursday if you do this.

Yoshichan

Coldsnap said:
Anyone else lagging terrible?
Everyone seems to... My friend's lagging bad.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Londa said:
This is patch 07.12.2000, right? If so, thank you so much. maybe I can play on Thursday if you do this.

Yes, with 09 you start at 60%, gonna try that on my VM, but atm i'm at work and have the VMware sever port blocked :/

Edit: Some one send me the 12.2000 torrent please.

Yoshichan

Naeblish said:
Damn, Aion looks 10x better then that.
The benchmark graphics looks 10x better than any other MMORPG out there including Aion. So I guess pictures doesn't do this game justice.

Naeblish said:
Damn, Aion looks 10x better then that.

The cooking guild is pretty much the ugliest place in the game right now. Lots of crappy half-assed models in there.

Anyway I did 3 guildleves, got disconnected, and am now sitting at #365 in the queue with no sign of moving up.

EDIT: wait it just moved me to 410. wtf? that's not how a queue is supposed to work.

If I hit "cancel login" will it close the client? I'm on a friend's account and I'm not going to text him for another token code when he's sleeping.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Cant even get out of the ferry area :lol
Talked to Hob but wont let me out :/

edit:
Think I did that last time and now it wont let me log in there but in ferry area lol

Londa

Banned
In Alpha I saw a place that was kind of like Mhaura and Selbina in XI. However the gate to it was locked but you could clearly see it through the gate. I wonder if they opened the gate in the beta version?

Yoshichan

Londa said:
Could I just download this file onto my Hard drive and then put it into my laptop FFXIV folder when I get home and not have to download anything at home?
Depends what file it is. If it's H2010.07.09.2000.patch, you need to download another patch (taking me over 30+ hours)... if it's H2010.07.12.2000.patch, you shouldn't have to download anything else after that :)

Londa

Banned
chris-013 said:
Yes and no because there is another patch but it's only ~50-150MB.
I'm at work, I need to play ! xD

LOL another patch after 07.12.2000?

Does anyone have the download link for that? Omg if you guys do I will in there with you all when I get home from work. Please say yes!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Not a good day...first I had to delete and recreate character because I was stuck at the Ferry area. Now a door wont open and Im stuck again lol

Dang. Got trapped in a cutscene at the Bismarck, tried to unplug my internet to send myself back to the title screen, but it ended up crashing the program. I won't be in for a while now since the guy I'm borrowing the account from is asleep and I need a token code. :(

geinou

Neo Member
Thanks for uploading the patch before 07.12.2000 (the FF XIV Downloader said something like 72 hours of downloading :lol ). About the patch 07.12.2000, the Mediafire Torrent isn't working for me. Well, in fact, I cannot download it, Mediafire says something like "This page is not avaiable".

Ronok

Anyone who ended up in Kefka, send Ronok Schlare a tell. :D

It's laggy as fuck and no one could work out/was able to get out of the docks at first, but I'm having a good time. :D

Londa

Banned
geinou said:
Thanks for uploading the patch before 07.12.2000 (the FF XIV Downloader said something like 72 hours of downloading :lol ). About the patch 07.12.2000, the Mediafire Torrent isn't working for me. Well, in fact, I cannot download it, Mediafire says something like "This page is not avaiable".

Odd. I just finished downloading that patch 5 minutes ago. It took 1 second to download it. (yay). One thing I could suggest is to wait for the patch to be posted here:

http://awk.cenobyte.org/ffxivmovies/ffxiv-beta/d96437e6/patch/

Gromph said that he will post the patch there when he get home from work.

desu

I tried the method to copy over the file, however it always start from the beginning again :|.

edit: Always complain on a forum first, then its 100% sure it will work in the next try :D .

Yoshichan

desu said:
I tried the method to copy over the file, however it always start from the beginning again :|.
Did you delete the other file?

Wes

venison crêpe
desu said:

edit: Always complain on a forum first, then its 100% sure it will work in the next try :D .

Huh? Was this with the 09 or 12 file? When the rest of us tried it with the 09 file all it did was go up to 60% of the 12 file and we've been downloading from there.

Londa

Banned
desu said:

What is the name of the patch that comes up with it starts at 0% all over again? If the file name has changed from 07.09.2000 then it might be what happened with 07.05.2000 when they renamed the patch to 07.09.2000 which caused me to start all the way at the begining. Urg I hope this isn't what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom