• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Beta Discussion + Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londa

Banned
Valru said:
you can't alt-tab in fullscreen its been like this since alpha with zero explanation from SE, you can however use windowed mode. :lol

let me point you to this handy script that many have enjoyed, its so good even lolonda hated on it

Bad, terrible me! Everyone hate me for saying to watch out about losing your beta access for using it. I'm so selfish and evil! :lol

Wow is easy = False.

My friend saids that every mob gives you a 1% chance of getting a epic. That to me is like putting a Kracken club to drop 1% on every mob.

-----------
Dude you just cut out all I said. So whatever.

LowParry

Londa said:
Bad, terrible me! Everyone hate me for saying to watch out about losing your beta access for using it. I'm so selfish and evil! :lol

They'd probably be doing themselves a favor. ....................I kiiiid! :lol

gillty

Banned
Londa said:
yup thats exactly what you said :lol
Londa said:
Wow, why don't you wait for the game to come out before you make mods for it. How do you even know if SE won't put in a alt tab for full screen?

Anyways it doesn't affect the process that is FFXIV so unless they are scanning systems for general applications then they have no idea what is happening and IF they are scanning external processes then thats a pretty big privacy issue imo.

Khrno

Londa said:

devilkt11.png

Khrno

Oh, I'm in too, name's Khrno, the Great Axe wielder BLM. And since servers were restarted leves are up again.

Gonna go do some grinding to get lv/rk 10 before doing leves.

nataku

Londa said:
My friend saids that every mob gives you a 1% chance of getting a epic. That to me is like putting a Kracken club to drop 1% on every mob.

I like how you equate difficultly with drop rate.

Londa said:

Your friend is wrong by several orders of magnitude. I'd put it at around 10 or 25,000:1.

Londa said:
If you have the Kracken club the game becomes easy after that. o_o or did you not know that?

Not to mention you grossly overestimate how easy epic gear makes it. It's more or less just better stats; it doesn't make you into an unstoppable killing machine. Once again, you're trashing a game you've never played and literally know nothing about.

Khrno

Londa said:
If you have the Kracken club the game becomes easy after that. o_o or did you not know that?

If I'd had a KC my life in FFXI would have been so much eaiser ; ;

Instead I had to rely on M.Kris, the hasted GA (forgot the name), and my own hardwork to get my shiny items.

DrDogg

Adding myself to the list

Ul'dah
Falastini - Rusty Subligar
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
BentMyWookiee - Spoony Bard
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Salaadin - Salaadin Voivode
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
careksims - Kessah Shrykewolf
ToastyBanana - Doobedytoo Mcjibbajabba

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor

plake

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg
plake - Eli Celes

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor

Soroc

Hi All! Hope you guys get to play and the servers don't keep going down!

I'm at work and of course I want to do some research on what the all the stats should be and what I should be looking to do with my points and stuff.

Does anyone know a good place that details what each stat is and what I might want to be putting my elemental points into?

Looking for a faq or something that will explain more of the system itself until I get home and login later tonight! :D

desa

Ul'dah
CcrooK - Dark Elf
Nakazato- Isamu Nakazato
Balya - Balya Malkan
bardia - Cyrus Ziad
zlatko- Outlaw Star
Zomba13 - Zomba Thirteen
Canti - Canti Socanto
Gopsje - Geops Pluisje
Kuraine - Cobbi Kuraine
Clever Pun - Blue Owl
Velion - Erya Verani
Azrael - Oberyn Martell
Jbird - Jbird Nohagun
DrDogg - Doctor Dogg
plake - Eli Celes

Gridania
Jinko - Jinko Jinko
Soroc - Soroc Dahydro
Pietepiet - Poeffe Caixa
Jiggle - Harry Bolls
Vivin - Taru Taru
Munba - Munba Lunru
Rengoku - Rengoku Renge
Desa - Desa Cooties

Limsa Lominsa
Conceited - Manabu Orido
Einherjar - The Emperor

gillty

Banned
Soroc said:
Hi All! Hope you guys get to play and the servers don't keep going down!

I'm at work and of course I want to do some research on what the all the stats should be and what I should be looking to do with my points and stuff.

Does anyone know a good place that details what each stat is and what I might want to be putting my elemental points into?

Looking for a faq or something that will explain more of the system itself until I get home and login later tonight! :D
STR = physical attack
VIT = physical defense
DEX = physical accuracy
INT = magical attack
MND = magical defense
PIE = magical accuracy

elemental points just give you more damage towards/resistance against that specific element

Soroc

Valru said:
STR = physical attack
VIT = physical defense
DEX = physical accuracy
INT = magical attack
MND = magical defense
PIE = magical accuracy

elemental points just give you more damage towards/resistance against that specific element

Thanks Valru!

So if I'm a radical conjurer I should be dumping points into INT and PIE more so than anything else?

Man I can't wait for the long weekend so that I can get a good amount of time in this game!

Nakazato

Valru said:
STR = physical attack
VIT = physical defense
DEX = physical accuracy
INT = magical attack
MND = magical defense
PIE = magical accuracy

isnt dex in this game both dex and agility ??

Salaadin

desa said:
:lol The moogle part was glorious!

Gridanias intro is badass.

In case people care:
When the treant starts booking it for you and the three of you take off, I lost it. The looks on everyone faces were so funny

Caj814

Anyone else using the 360 controller getting stuck in the walking animation even when you aren't pressing anything?

Don't know why this is happening when it was working fine last night.

desa

Salaadin said:
Gridanias intro is badass.

In case people care:
When the treant starts booking it for you and the three of you take off, I lost it. The looks on everyone faces were so funny

Yeah, start in Gridanias if you want some comedy :lol

Does anyone else have a problem with playing it in fullscreen at a specific resolution? I have it set at 1360 x 768 fullscreen but the game loads in window mode at 720p

falastini

ithorien said:
Why oh why isn't this fixed yet...
Well, you can continue a leve now if you die during it. That's something I guess. Though there seems to be new problems now, mainly not being able to attack mobs. I'm guessing it's because there's so many people, the system is having trouble assigning mobs to people. It sucks when it does this after your already engaged.

notworksafe

Londa said:
Semi-true. Every mob in vanilla WoW has between a 0.01 and 1% chance to drop a level 60 epic item, based on level. The 1% rate is only for level 60 (highest in the pre-expansion world) mobs.

However that item is a level 60 item and basically worthless now. They barely even sell on the Auction House anymore. Random drop world epics were phased out with the expansions though, so that isn't even the case anymore and hasn't been for the past three years.

No need to flame guys. I don't mind explaining the mechanics of WoW to someone who isn't quite sure on how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom